• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What kind of music do you like?

The memories!
In an El Camino, no less?

Story alert:

Yep; I will always love that photo. In those days, the three of us, Andy, Lisa and I, hung out together in just about every spare moment I had (which wasn't in abundance, given that I typically worked 100+ hours each week). Andy was an employee of mine and my best buddy in the last few years in Nacogdoches. Andy is generally a very awesome human being and is now the most sought-after corporate marching band consultant in Asia, married to a former Thai pop star. Lisa was his ex-girlfriend; he broke up with her because she didn't look like his idol, Olivia Newton-John, and wouldn't get a tan. That's Andy's El Camino, and the photo was taken by Andy's mother in her Houston driveway, just hours away from Lisa and I finally telling each other how much we liked each other, which was followed by letting Andy know the next day (he was the best man at our wedding as well as having been my best man for my previous marriage).

Being that it was still the 80's, I didn't get to see the photo for weeks, but I'll always cherish it: a moment in time with seemingly so much promise.

So, given the original post, I should return this to its proper subject: Lisa's favorite music was Madonna, FGTH, Prince and just about anything New Wave. Lisa missed me being on the radio in East Texas, and she left me just prior to getting my last radio DJ gig on New Wave/Alternative station WXXP in Pittsburgh.

Story alert:

Yep; I will always love that photo. In those days, the three of us, Andy, Lisa and I, hung out together in just about every spare moment I had (which wasn't in abundance, given that I typically worked 100+ hours each week). Andy was an employee of mine and my best buddy in the last few years in Nacogdoches. Andy is generally a very awesome human being and is now the most sought-after corporate marching band consultant in Asia, married to a former Thai pop star. Lisa was his ex-girlfriend; he broke up with her because she didn't look like his idol, Olivia Newton-John, and wouldn't get a tan. That's Andy's El Camino, and the photo was taken by Andy's mother in her Houston driveway, just hours away from Lisa and I finally telling each other how much we liked each other, which was followed by letting Andy know the next day (he was the best man at our wedding as well as having been my best man for my previous marriage).

Being that it was still the 80's, I didn't get to see the photo for weeks, but I'll always cherish it: a moment in time with seemingly so much promise.

So, given the original post, I should return this to its proper subject: Lisa's favorite music was Madonna, FGTH, Prince and just about anything New Wave. Lisa missed me being on the radio in East Texas, and she left me just prior to getting my last radio DJ gig on New Wave/Alternative station WXXP in Pittsburgh.

I read this and it's hard to understand why you've had a hard time finding a 2nd!

Going one step farther from the path, anyone have an El Chromino in their feed?
A Mullet?

Going one step farther from the path, anyone have an El Chromino in their feed?
A Mullet?
I was actually required to grow a mullet for my job at WXXP! Don't have any of those photos on my computer, but there are a few in our packed-up photo albums, because I was sporting that when Kristin and I took photos of each other in Schenley Park on our wedding day.

I read this and it's hard to understand why you've had a hard time finding a 2nd!
You are being facetious, right?

Aside from the -- I would assert -- increasing cultural objection to polygamy that has been ramping up since the mid-1980's, the hard time is accounted for almost entirely by three things:
  1. The fact that I'm not nearly as young and dashing as I was 37 years ago;20210416OldManTakeALookAtYourOwnLife.jpg
  2. The fact that my wife and daughter insist on directly and indirectly sabotaging any such possibility; and
  3. The fact that I must reap the karma of my own failure to be the full leader of my family.

Back