• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

When seeking & developing a new relationship

I'm not saying that men in polygynous marriages need to be lazy, but the fact that there are so many choices available to women, it makes the effort to keep and hold what he's got more difficult. He should love and serve his wives because it's commanded in scripture, but not because he feels like any of his brides might pack up and go. If society revered staying in a marriage as much as it did marriage celebrations, I don't think polygyny (or monogamy for that matter) would be so strenuous.

Agree. The strength of men to not let the affairs of the world distract them from there responsiblity to the women in their lives is the only way to turn this around.

And now for a word from our sponsors:

Insert commercial here for the documentary Divorce Corp., an eye-opening look at the divorce industry. There's a reason our culture has "geared up for marriage failure". (Hint: According to the film, more money (~$50B) flows through the 'family' law system than all other court systems combined.)

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.
Andrew, you are gonna cause me to say some very bad words. I have seen so many lives ruined by the “family courts.” Family courts?! ha! What a *%#~~?%< lie. But then again, we signed up for it. Suffice to say, everyone needs an older Black’s Law dictionary. I have a 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th editions. Peter A. Alcess’s books on “Law of Fraudelent Transactions.” Two volumes. (I don’t have) Also, a Webster’s 1828 reprint. It is an unperverted dictionary, unlike today’s dictionaries.

I couldn't agree more. Being an utter newbie to this has me feeling like a fish out of water. Questions pop up into my head all the time, "what if my husband agrees with PM, and wants to find a second wife?" "What will our families think?" "Will we be shunned?" "How would it look with another woman in the house?" "What if she and I don't get along?"

These are all excellent questions. Feel free to start a new thread on any of these topics if you would like to discuss them. Post them in the ladies section if you only want feedback from the ladies. Otherwise just pick the section you think most appropriate.

I feel for me, I would really want to build a relationship with the other woman, because she would be a sister, and we will be spending a lot of time together in the home. I want to have a good relationship with her, and be able to function as a family unit. Now, I don't know what the future holds, as of right now, my husband doesn't even know I think PM is Biblical and that I would be willing to be in one. He may not be willing or want it. I don't know. All I can do is work on my heart (I'm not that good at sharing honestly) and pray YHWH leads my husband in the way that He wants him to go.

You husband is in for a surprising treat. While I have seen many women who come to understand and welcome polyamy before their husbands, it is more common that the husbands comes to it first and often spends many years teaching and reassuring the wife. Your husband does not know (yet) how blessed he is.

Insert commercial here for the documentary Divorce Corp., an eye-opening look at the divorce industry. There's a reason our culture has "geared up for marriage failure". (Hint: According to the film, more money (~$50B) flows through the 'family' law system than all other court systems combined.)

I clicked like in the sense that I liked that this was posted, but I really hate this. I believe God does, too.

And now for a word from our sponsors:

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

This should go with this for those interested.

https://nationalparentsorganization...gn=National+Parents+Organization&utm_content=

The voice for family law reform

National Parents Organization,a charitable and educational,501 (c)(3), organization, is focused on promoting shared parenting, where both parents have equal standing raising children after a separation or divorce. National Parents Organization recognizes that preserving a strong bond between children and their parents is critically important to children's emotional, mental, and physical health.

Gender equality and a strong presumption of shared parenting embraces every issue separating children from loving fathers and mothers, grandparents, and other relatives: alimony, child custody, child support, disabled parents, domestic violence, military child custody, move aways, parental alienation, and paternity fraud.

My friend I hoped would be my co-wife is probably still single....waiting for a suitable bachelor to come along.
The Irony.
I wrote this the day before she finally married. I hope she has a long and happy life with her hubby.
Now I can finally close that door for good.

I really enjoyed hearing the opinions of the others. I don't agree with many of the ladies but I enjoyed the read and learning how others feel. I personally feel like if you can't build something with the man then it doesn't matter if you can build something with the wife or wives. I have had different experiences and decided there is no right or wrong. Personal preference is what works.

I was an only wife for over 25 years. I always figured I could be friends and get along with a lot of other women, but that wouldn't get me a sisterwife. The critical aspect that just has to be there is the marriage between the husband and the other woman. With the gal ten years ago that considered being a part of our family I got to know her online first. When things didn't work out it was hard on her and certainly hard in me.
My dear husband got to know his new wife first, or at least better, and honestly it is nice for me to know I can just look forward to her being here.

The first rule is that for many of the details in life, there are no rules. The big rules (like the ten commandments) always apply, but God can work a lot of things out in ways we might not think of. It's best to trust Him and look for His leading.

Back