• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

where to look

The real worst thing that can happen is a bunch of people talk about your crazy beliefs.....and that is called ADVERTISING!
:p:)o_O
That's solid gold! :cool:

Guaranteed open door.
Satan said that he couldn’t touch Job because YHWH had a hedge about him.
YHWH doesn’t move the hedges for you when you decide to do your own thing. You are either in it, or you stepped out of it.

“Is you is or is you ain’t?”
My understanding is we all have a hedge around us if we believe in Him. Ps. 91 is a good reference to this. Job God suggested to satain "have you considered my servant Job", and he limited what could be done to him. If we're not followers of Christ than we are of the world. We have to remember Job is a good example of how God is in control of everything, including Satan. A lot of Christian's don't like this idea because it brings uncertainty as to why God allows certain things to happen. I'm sure someone here knows what I'm referring to??

What about Peter, he denied Christ 3xs. And he was Jesus favorite. People do things out of fear and protection, forgetting to trust God, but God knows the heart, correct? So if someone pretended to be Muslim for self protection even though they were followers of Christ I don't think that is renouncing Christ as Lord.

My understanding is we all have a hedge around us if we believe in Him. Ps. 91 is a good reference to this. Job God suggested to satain "have you considered my servant Job", and he limited what could be done to him. If we're not followers of Christ than we are of the world. We have to remember Job is a good example of how God is in control of everything, including Satan. A lot of Christian's don't like this idea because it brings uncertainty as to why God allows certain things to happen. I'm sure someone here knows what I'm referring to??

What about Peter, he denied Christ 3xs. And he was Jesus favorite. People do things out of fear and protection, forgetting to trust God, but God knows the heart, correct? So if someone pretended to be Muslim for self protection even though they were followers of Christ I don't think that is renouncing Christ as Lord.

It is not the unpardonable sin, but it is sin. We all sin daily, but we should all be repenting daily and striving to be obedient to our master. Denying Christ should be something we avoid like the plague.

My understanding is we all have a hedge around us if we believe in Him. Ps. 91 is a good reference to this.
We greatly disagree on this, but I am not going to argue with you about it.

I do believe that David is the perfect example of what I believe. He went outside of the hedge with Bathsheba and the enemy was allowed to take his son because of it.
The steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord, but saying that you believe in Jesus doesn’t make you righteous. You have to walk righteous.

Last edited:
Are you from a catholic upbringing? What about Abraham? Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness. Gen 15:6.

I don't remember reading that God told satan to take Davids son so I'm curious where this comes from... Jesus gave his life, but he pled before God to spare him, I don't see that as satan being involved. Keep in mind, David was also before Jesus and he was not saved by Grace. When I preached on the subject of Gods character I ask this question, now ....we are saved by grace, because of Jesus, now we are presented before the lord without blemish, "if an earthly father knows how to give good gifts to his child how much more will our heavenly father give God gifts to us". Living a life to do right by god "righteous" deeds are important, but its not based on geting foreignness or love from Him.

So if someone pretended to be Muslim for self protection even though they were followers of Christ I don't think that is renouncing Christ as Lord.

We received a report from some missionaries in Iraq back when ISIS was taking over towns and villages. They would line up believers and their kids and go down the line asking the kids if they’d deny Christ. If the kid didnt deny Christ, they would behead them. It saddens me to think that a child from a region that doesnt have all the benefits of theology and centuries of Christian culture could stand in the face of certain imminent death and stand fast.

Matt 10
And fear † not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Whosoever † therefore shall confess † me before men, † him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

BTW. According to the report, none of the children denied, and none of them survived.

Think about what you’re saying.

Back