• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where's Hugh?

I'm on the road again. Missoula Montana to Pingree Idaho to Somewhere Near St Louis. :)

Swapped! Ended up in Moberly Missouri, and saw the infamous Doc Burkhart's flier. No really. I did.

Next time you come to Dallas you should call us so we can get together. I will pm you our phone numbers, since we usually are not on BF during the day.

SweetLissa

Washington Court House, Ohio. That's really the name of a town, "Washington Court House." It's on to Cincinnati Ohio next, and then to Spokane Washington (but not a "Court House").

Grr, they canceled that load. That's really too bad because it took me past my house. Double "Grr...." So now I'm off to Rochelle IL, and I'm trying to dump that load because it has a weird delivery time and probably will interfere with getting a good load Monday.

I'm sitting in the driveway of a closed Massillon Ohio city park and recreation facility. I've been here about two hours. If I move farther away from the facility that I just left, it's "movement" and "driving" and then my off duty clock resets. I had everything all planned, and then the load was taken away. I got another load that dovetailed nicely into that plan I had already made. They took that load away. I got another load that blew up all my planning and essentially put me here in this city park driveway with no one and nothing anywhere nearby.

One of the hardest things I have to do as a trucker, is sit. I'm on the wrong sleep schedule based on the plans I had made for the two loads I didn't really get, and my head hurts and the last load they took away, also took me home. Home is 2000 miles away. It's Saturday, and to straighten things out as much as I can, I pretty much have to drive all night.

electronic logs are not at all bad when you own the truck and choose your own loads.

i feel for ya

I made it with ONE minute to spare from Massillon to Rochelle on an eight hour reset. It was actually one of the nicest drives I've ever been on. US 30 was all mine. Chicago on a Sunday morning was a breeze. There was a route error at the end, but it was overcome. PTL. I'm sitting in Rochelle at the Petro, waiting for a load and my hours to come back.

Back to Ohio, this time near Toledo in an industrial district known as "Oregon." That's the town's name. I'm going to hit the hay. I might unload at 5 am, I might not unload until tomorrow evening. At least I'm here.

Springfield Illinois on the way to Oklahoma City. I may or may not get to Oklahoma City. I can't leave Springfield until very early tomorrow morning. I might be swapped out of the load I am on and given another. In that case I don't know where I'm going but I do know where I am right now.

I'm now headed to Pueblo Colorado. I will be going that way largely on I 70 for about 900 miles. I have to be there the afternoon of April 1st, no joke. That means I pass through a lot of territory that I COULD afford to stop for a bit in and take a break, provided there was someone there who wanted to say "Hi."

Pueblo CO, Exit 104, I-25. Love's truck stop. Next load canceled. Now I know what my birthday present is. A brand new Truck Stop. :cry:

In rapid succession, I will be in Montgomery AL, Tifton GA, then Franklin Park IL (near Chicago).

Back