• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where's Hugh?

How long did the process take from start to finish?
THis thread may not be the place to answer. You can send me a private msg if you like with the details.

bobthebuilder said:
I hope you have the autority to do so. Most evangelicals think they can just start up a church without autority by simply not like the church they are at. I am not jumping to conclusions just staying you need authority. In my humble opinion it is only granted in a few ways. One is to be a church plant from an existing church or denomination or God forbid excommunication."
Excommunication from the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
bobthebuilder said:
I would like someday for someone to have the intestinal fortitude to reform their church in regards to marriage and actually stick it out to the end and be excommunicated for it. Most have just stated what they believe and run to a home church. That is not having authority. Actually it would be nice if reformation actually took place but you know the chances of that."
The LORD had the intestinal fortitude. I was the instrument of his will (if you suppose that I did this correctly). The family that comprises the majority of the new church (and denomination) also had the same sort of intestinal fortitude. I won't name them at this time. We are using the working title for the new Denomination/Church of "Our Father's Presbyterian Church." That may change.

There was an extensive conversation that took place regarding this in the limited access "Debate" section of this forum, which it seems not many have the ability to access. It was also discussed in the following threads and parts of the discussion in that private debate section, also leaked out in those threads:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2577

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2545

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2485

This attempt to join with an existing denomination in fellowship and be in submission to them has been going on to a greater or lesser degree since I began to attend the Gallatin Valley Presbyterian Church in Bozeman MT about 10 years ago. It ended with excommunication from the Covenant Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Barre VT. The new church and Denomination began with the very public excommunication of another family, a plural one, in Missouri.

You are welcome to ask for access to the debate forum, or if you can access it already, to go there and look at what transpired. I'd encourage as many of you as feel a certain "maturity" to ask for access to that debate section of Biblical families, and take a look.

Now, back to the business of this thread. I'm in Calera Oklahoma, and will be there for about another hour, and then it's Hidalgo Texas. God willing as always.

Thanks!

I've been all over. I got a chance to meet with a friend in Kent WA Monday. Right now, for one night, I'm home in Missoula and then on to Bethlehem PA via Chicago and points in between.

Feeling much better, and in Oregon Ohio. Yes, that's not a typo.

In Atoka Oklahoma for the night, then on to Irving. Texas.

Too bad we are in Midland/Odessa now. If you ever come through, give us a holler.

SweetLissa

I diverted to my original destination in Texas when I received the blessing of an early unload. I then loaded up in Garland and headed for the Northwest. I'm in Moab Utah right now.

Went to Salt Lake. Was going to Woodburn Oregon. Went to Richmond Utah (spectacularly beautiful). Went through Bear Lake. Stayed at the "Little American" near Granger Wyoming. Drove across most of Wyoming and nearly all of Nebraska yesterday and ended up in Gretna Nebraska (pretty much that's Omaha) and had another trucker bend my bumper while I was parked last night.

Auburn, Indiana. Wellllll....., more like Waterloo Indiana and Auburn tomorrow morning. No parking in Auburn.

Back