• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

"Who is THE SATAN" The Adversary

AbrahamSolomon

Real Person
Male
Judaism does not view “Satan” with the same connotation as other religions.

Satan in Judaism is not a physical being ruling the underworld, rather, in the Torah, the word Satan indicates “accuser,” “hinderer” or “tempter.” Satan is therefore more an illusory obstacle in one’s way - such as temptation and evil doings - keeping one from completing the responsibilities of tikkun olam (fixing the world). Satan is the evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God.

Throughout the Torah, Satan challenges God to test the true loyalty of his followers, including Adam and Eve, as well as Abraham. However, Satan remains inferior to God and is incapable of taking action on mortals without God’s permission. In the Talmud and Midrash, Satan appears as the force in the world, responsible for all sins. Some Midrashim claim that the sounding of the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah is utilized to keep Satan away as Jews begin to atone for their sins. Even the morning after Yom Kippur, many Jews attend services to guarantee Satan does not make one last effort to instigate Jews to commit sins.

More to come, I have to go walking, The Plan is to Start in The Beginning and work into The Possible Future!​

Last edited:
Lucifer's fall from Heaven

Ezekiel 28:12-15 NKJV​

“Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. “You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.
NKJV: New King James Version

Hiram I (Phoenician: 𐤇𐤓𐤌 Ḥirōm "my brother is exalted"; Hebrew: חִירָם‎ Ḥīrām, Modern Arabic: حيرام, also called Hirom or Huram)[1] was the Phoenician king of Tyre according to the Hebrew Bible. His regnal years have been calculated by some as 980 to 947 BC, in succession to his father, Abibaal. Hiram was succeeded as king of Tyre by his son Baal-Eser I.[2] Hiram is also mentioned in the writings of Menander of Ephesus (early 2nd century BC), as preserved in Josephus's Against Apion, which adds to the biblical account. According to Josephus, Hiram lived for 53 years and reigned 34.

Isaiah 14:12-15
King James Version

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Luke 10:10-20

New King James Version

10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 ‘The very dust of your city which clings to [a]us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.’ 12 [b]But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.

Woe to the Impenitent Cities​

13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, [c]who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades. 16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

The Seventy Return with Joy​

17 Then the [d]seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but [e]rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Satan in Eden
Genesis 3:1-20 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+3:1-20&version=KJV
the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

The Story of Job
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

The Temptation of Christ

Luke 4:1-13

King James Version

4 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

BIBLE SEARCH RESULTS​

1. 1 Chronicles 21:1
    And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Job 1:6
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.
  3. Job 1:7
    And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
  4. Job 1:8
    And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
  5. Job 1:9
    Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
  6. Job 1:12
    And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.
  7. Job 2:1
    Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.
  8. Job 2:2
    And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
  9. Job 2:3
    And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
  10. Job 2:4
    And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
  11. Job 2:6
    And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.
  12. Job 2:7
    So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.
  13. Psalm 109:6
    Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
  14. Zechariah 3:1
    And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
  15. Zechariah 3:2
    And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
  16. Matthew 4:10
    Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
  17. Matthew 12:26
    And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
  18. Matthew 16:23
    But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
  19. Mark 1:13
    And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
  20. Mark 3:23
    And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
  21. Mark 3:26
    And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
  22. Mark 4:15
    And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
  23. Mark 8:33
    But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
  24. Luke 4:8
    And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
  25. Luke 10:18
    And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qs_version=KJV&quicksearch=Satan&startnumber=26
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

I hope this helps people get information to get a better understanding.

I hope this helps people get information to get a better understanding.
If you’re really a gnostic then you believe Yahweh is Satan. Gnostics attribute Creation to a lesser, malevolent deity. For gnostics the greater, true god is hidden and can only be experienced through an enlightenment that frees one of illusions.

Your theology is all over the place and you really need to nail it down before you try and teach others.

If you’re really a gnostic then you believe Yahweh is Satan. Gnostics attribute Creation to a lesser, malevolent deity. For gnostics the greater, true god is hidden and can only be experienced through an enlightenment that frees one of illusions.

Your theology is all over the place and you really need to nail it down before you try and teach others.

No one said I was a Gnostic.
I think you need to take your time and reread.

No one said I was a Gnostic.
I think you need to take your time and reread.
You said you though the gnostic gospels should be in the Bible. Why the Heyhira, GA would you suggest that if you don’t think they’re true? You know what you should read? The gnostic gospels, like you claim you did when clearly you didn’t.

You said you though the gnostic gospels should be in the Bible. Why the Heyhira, GA would you suggest that if you don’t think they’re true? You know what you should read? The gnostic gospels, like you claim you did when clearly you didn’t.
"You claim I said The Gnostic Gospels should be added." but I said "I have and what if they had been added? We would have a totally different view."

And if you knew about The Gnostic Gospels then you would know why it would be so totally different!

The Gnostic Gospels was largely more command then The 4 Gospels and luckily they did not add them, at one point Revelations was questioned as Gospel as well and almost left out. This is not to say The Odd Gnostic Gospels are right but what if their had been other Gospels left out and there would never be away to prove it.

Slow down and take your time to read what I post as you clearly read this wrong.

Okay, so let's look at the basic outline of The Satan/s.

First Lucifer falls and is kicked out of Heaven. Then we see The Serpent is forced to eat dirt on his belly from The Garden of Eden. Then in Job The SATAN was walking to and from Earth and was sent to Test Job. Later he Test Yeshua.

Is this The Exact Being? How can a being kicked from Heaven, cursed to craw on his belly be able to get before G-d in Heaven again? And later temp Yeshua?

Or is he a group of Rebellious Angels who Questioned G-d on a few occasions and is also still at works? I'm not sure, but I do know that it requires G-ds Permission for him or them to do whatever they want.

So if Satan/s can only do as he is allowed why even bother with him? Satan in my mind is a tool that can't move unless allowed and because G-d is All Power I have Nothing to fear as I am a Servant of G-d.

I will do more later.

"You claim I said The Gnostic Gospels should be added." but I said "I have and what if they had been added? We would have a totally different view."

And if you knew about The Gnostic Gospels then you would know why it would be so totally different!

The Gnostic Gospels was largely more command then The 4 Gospels and luckily they did not add them, at one point Revelations was questioned as Gospel as well and almost left out. This is not to say The Odd Gnostic Gospels are right but what if their had been other Gospels left out and there would never be away to prove it.

Slow down and take your time to read what I post as you clearly read this wrong.
You’re a liar. You clearly implied that the gnostics had been left out incorrectly and another gospel had been put in falsely.

It has become clear that your intention is to delegitimize the New Testament. Let’s cut through the garbage.

What are your beliefs about Jesus? Who is He? What’s His relationship to God? Nothing else matters until you clarify that.

You’re a liar. You clearly implied that the gnostics had been left out incorrectly and another gospel had been put in falsely.

It has become clear that your intention is to delegitimize the New Testament. Let’s cut through the garbage.

What are your beliefs about Jesus? Who is He? What’s His relationship to God? Nothing else matters until you clarify that.
You can believe anything you want as everyone else here, but because I'm at a disadvantage or an unbalanced footage I will be limiting my replies due to this. I will be at the Gathering in January if you have questions ask me them and I won't be under this situation.

You can believe anything you want as everyone else here, but because I'm at a disadvantage or an unbalanced footage I will be limiting my replies due to this. I will be at the Gathering in January if you have questions ask me them and I won't be under this situation.
We will definitely talk there. Hopefully your thoughts are more organized in person.

We will definitely talk there. Hopefully your thoughts are more organized in person.
Hopefully, I am running all day. I Agree I need to be more organized.
I am not a mean person, but a person who cares maybe to much.
I am not perfect in any way but a broken man who seeks Truth and to be made Whole.
I see a broken world that we must try to fix even if its not Possible.

Hopefully, I am running all day. I Agree I need to be more organized.
I am not a mean person, but a person who cares maybe to much.
I am not perfect in any way but a broken man who seeks Truth and to be made Whole.
I see a broken world that we must try to fix even if its not Possible.
You will find more truth when you stop insisting that you already have it.

You will find more truth when you stop insisting that you already have it.
Steve, no one has to agree as you are free to disagree.
But we should all be seeking Truth as there is only 1.

@AbrahamSolomon, do you already know this truth? Or are you still seeking it?
Do you believe we know this truth? Or are we still seeking it?

I think we need a fuller understanding, I know many people who stop believing because if you take The Bible at face value its a mess and it seems very well to be filled with many contradictions and this is where we too act like Rebbe because we explain our understanding in seeking Truth.

The Basic Understanding is Expect G-d and His Laws, Know Our Savior and Put His Laws into Works so everyone see your Fruit.
The Laws are not to Save but if you are Saved you should Keep them because you are now of G-d and not man.

Satan in Judaism is not a physical being ruling the underworld, rather, in the Torah, the word Satan indicates “accuser,” “hinderer” or “tempter.” Satan is therefore more an illusory obstacle in one’s way - such as temptation and evil doings - keeping one from completing the responsibilities of tikkun olam (fixing the world). Satan is the evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God.

Uh-huh. So Satan is not a being of some sort but instead is an inclination. But then you contradict yourself by citing the numerous Scripture that clearly refer to Satan as a specific being or individual.

Disclaimer: I am autistic and if you post a wall of text I will see only the parts that stand out to me. And I hate contradictions.

Back