• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

"Who is THE SATAN" The Adversary

Uh-huh. So Satan is not a being of some sort but instead is an inclination. But then you contradict yourself by citing the numerous Scripture that clearly refer to Satan as a specific being or individual.

Disclaimer: I am autistic and if you post a wall of text I will see only the parts that stand out to me. And I hate contradictions.
That's why I'm asking the question.

That's why I'm asking the question.

Then in my opinion and experience of Scripture and then the writings of Catholics, Protestants, and Jews I find Satan to be a real entity or individual.

Satan/Lucifer was an angel of God and he wanted to rule over Heaven. As a result he was cast out of Heaven and his eternal torment is to be forever removed from the presence, blessings, mercy, and grace of God.

I think the word Satan is used both ways if I understand it rightly. So Satan just means adversary, and that word can be used to say that someone is an adversary without being Satan. But Satan is also a real being that is an adversary. His name is Lucifer, but he is called Satan because of the role he plays.

Like, the Antichrist. There will be an actual person that fills the role of the Antichrist in the end times. But many people are antichrists. They are anti - Christ. Anyone against Christ is an antichrist. That word is used to describe them. So Bill Gates is an antichrist, but he isn't THE antichrist.

Then in my opinion and experience of Scripture and then the writings of Catholics, Protestants, and Jews I find Satan to be a real entity or individual.

Satan/Lucifer was an angel of God and he wanted to rule over Heaven. As a result he was cast out of Heaven and his eternal torment is to be forever removed from the presence, blessings, mercy, and grace of God.
Yes, but later tricked Adam & Eve then went before G-d in The Book of Job to test Job. He was also going between Heaven and Earth. Satan tests Yeshua and Satan is to do much more later.

Brb

I think the word Satan is used both ways if I understand it rightly. So Satan just means adversary, and that word can be used to say that someone is an adversary without being Satan. But Satan is also a real being that is an adversary. His name is Lucifer, but he is called Satan because of the role he plays.

Like, the Antichrist. There will be an actual person that fills the role of the Antichrist in the end times. But many people are antichrists. They are anti - Christ. Anyone against Christ is an antichrist. That word is used to describe them. So Bill Gates is an antichrist, but he isn't THE antichrist.
This is basically what I think is possible

An anti-christ can also refer to someone who comes in the place of Christ. The Greek preposition refers to both.
Yes, He is also called The Lawless One. His only Mission is to Teach we have no Laws.

Don't get hung up on this. He will teach whatever it takes to turn people away from God and have them worship himself, laws or no laws.

Why are Laws so Important? If all we have is Believe in One G-d and Treat People with Love then every other sin is no longer a sin.
Is Homosexual? If so what Law makes it a sin? Why get Married? if so what makes that a sin?

No Laws, No Sins and when He returns He will not Know us. And Yes he will teach other stuff too.

Is Paul antichrist?
I don't know. I Care so much about everyone and their souls. This is Highly Debated issue if Paul Obeys The Laws or Teaches to Disobeys The Laws.
Paul is so important in so many ways yet if he teaches wrong teaching he would be a lair.

Okay, what is odd is that if Paul Teaches Lawlessness why did he wrote (Thessalonians).

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12​

King James Version​

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Paul the Apostle

Paul the Apostle to the Thessalonians, abbreviation Thessalonians, two New Testament letters written by St. Paul the Apostle from Corinth, Achaea (now in southern Greece), about 50 ce and addressed to the Christian community he had founded in Thessalonica (now in northern Greece).

Last edited:
Why are Laws so Important? If all we have is Believe in One G-d and Treat People with Love then every other sin is no longer a sin.
Is Homosexual? If so what Law makes it a sin? Why get Married? if so what makes that a sin?

No Laws, No Sins and when He returns He will not Know us. And Yes he will teach other stuff too.
You missed her point. You had said his ONLY mission was to teach people to disobey the law. She pointed out he may do more than this - just because teaching to disobey the law is a major part of his mission it does not mean that is the only mission.

You missed her point. You had said his ONLY mission was to teach people to disobey the law. She pointed out he may do more than this - just because teaching to disobey the law is a major part of his mission it does not mean that is the only mission.
No, I understood and I agreed. But I when on to say just the laws is a lot. People who say no Laws is why The Church is on fire.

Attachments

• AREmoji_20221201_095755_1568.gif
    AREmoji_20221201_095755_1568.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Uh-huh. So Satan is not a being of some sort but instead is an inclination. But then you contradict yourself by citing the numerous Scripture that clearly refer to Satan as a specific being or individual.

Disclaimer: I am autistic and if you post a wall of text I will see only the parts that stand out to me. And I hate contradictions.
I really have no desire to try and debate or change anyone's mind.
I can share that after reading other men's work compiling scripture and digging out definitions, we have a very different understanding of satan then we did at the beginning.
I was raised lds and I have seen people make fun of how they teach lucifer was Jesus' brother, but I find that the average catholic or protestant view is no closer then the mormons to the simple uncluttered understanding one would have if scripture (especially old testament) was the only source of knowledge influencing belief.
Sheldon Emry did an audio series in the 80's called Give the Devil His Due that has been transcribed and is available here. (Under recommended reading)

Pastor Bob Halstrom wrote a book called The Satan Among Us (which I have not read)

James R Breyshaw wrote a four book series on the subject of Satan. We only read his first volume which we downloaded for free. He gives away digital copies and has that offer out there in his YouTube video titled "Who was the Satan in Job." That book, (Satan Christianity's other God) was very thorough, clear, and compelling, bringing out many aspects in the scriptures that we tend to gloss over or read our prejudiced understanding into. I highly recommend it!

I/we sure don't know it all. At this point I am absolutely convinced that no matter what satan is, embodied being, spiritual force, or whatever....it is not in rebellion to God but rather is a tool that YHWH uses to chastise and correct His children. I see satan as His minister of the curses He promised us for disobedience. This understanding has helped me trust His sovereign power and love through challenging times.
So if Satan/s can only do as he is allowed why even bother with him? Satan in my mind is a tool that can't move unless allowed and because G-d is All Power I have Nothing to fear as I am a Servant of G-d.
This is where we ended up after study. Getting the truth from scripture about satan made him small and YHWH great. It eliminated a lot of fear and uncertainty. It left us with a more simple understanding of the forces we think of as "good" and "evil."
It showed us a Sovereign creator on the throne who knows the end from the beginning. One who's plan was not hijacked by a fallen angel who has been wrecking havoc here in His world.
It seems one of the challenges in understanding scripture is separating the figurative and prophetic speech from the literal and historic portions.

I hope for those interested in a deeper understanding that the materials I've mentioned are some help.

Back