• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why stop at 2 wives, why not 3 or 4 or 5...?

Maybe you should read everything i said in prior posts on this thread.

Apparently I missed this.

Andrew, three times is enough, haha! The biggest change after this was, no longer being quick to go into a relationship or marriage just because she said she "loved me", wanted and accepted the biblical marriage, and household rules. Finding women who are Christians, have been for some time, accept poly, never been married (I won't marry a divorced woman) and are single, is not as easy, if not almost impossible, especially when compared to finding a woman who has had a troubled past, bad previous relationships, is a new Christian, or wants to learn about being a Christian, and is good with Poly. I wanted to be to much of the hero in the story and help fix the ladies past with a new life, save them I guess, kind of how Jesus does for us.... Well, I'm not Jesus for sure, lol and I can't make anyone do or want to do anything either. I have changed my expectations or standards, and who and what I am okay with as for a dating relationship. Take my time, build the relationship, don't be the savior from her past and see how it goes. Lots of prayer and lots of patients.

You also avoided all of my questions and points I made, why?

As to this, most of the questions you posted as rhetorical and as such I would disagree with the majority of your conclusions. I chose not to respond to the rhetoric for obvious reasons.

I’m glad you’ve identified the issues.

After reading back through your earlier posts, I’m amazed that you cant understand your wife’s loss of respect. Not that I necessarily condone it, just that I recognize it as a natural response.

I don't mean to be rude here, but it seems like your posts all seem to be quoting a book, yours? Personally I don't think this is the place to advertise or promote your book. Sorry if I am wrong.

Ah, Sean and Zec. What a pair.

I personally like the idea of a common living area with efficiency apartments as wings. In the common area would be a great room (or living room - whatever term you wish to use), a kitchen, a dining area, and a bathroom. The wings would be designed for each wife, including her bedroom, a small kitchenette, a bathroom, a small living room, and rooms for the children. In my own situation, I would prefer the husband to also have a bedroom and an office, where he could spend time in solitude for prayer,, study, or an important project for which he needs quiet. I think this gives the wives each a way to make their home individual while not compromising the cohesive family unit.

From a monetary perspective, sure, it adds some expense with the kitchenettes and extra living areas, as well as the "master" bedroom and office, but if one could afford such a setup, it seems ideal to me.

This is my thought as well. In all of our discussions, it's made the most sense to have "suites" with a bathroom and closet for each wife so that they are drawn to the common areas, but have their own private areas if they need some alone time.

Back