• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Why wouldn’t God alter His commands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hate being lied about:

As @Mark C has so helpfully pointed out, we haven’t been able to keep Torah since the Ark disappeared, hundreds of years before Christ.

That's the kind of crap we hear from the whore church all the time.

Are you a king? Oops- "then you CAN'T KEEP TORAH." Are you a male? a female? A cohen? Even Yahushua couldn't keep the parts about females. Good grief.

Lose the idiotic gross over-generalizations, please, and try to at least argue honestly. He gave us a brain for a reason.

This is why we can't have nice things in the ghetto.

I just hate being lied about:

That's the kind of crap we hear from the whore church all the time.

Are you a king? Oops- "then you CAN'T KEEP TORAH." Are you a male? a female? A cohen? Even Yahushua couldn't keep the parts about females. Good grief.

Lose the idiotic gross over-generalizations, please, and try to at least argue honestly. He gave us a brain for a reason.

This is why we can't have nice things in the ghetto.
The Ark is not a category specific thing Mark. Many of the commanded feasts require the sprinkling of the blood over the mercy seat. You know this. The forgiveness for the sins of the people were tied to this.

This is the central point of the entire religion since Creation, reconciling a finite and sinful man to an infinite and righteous God. Even assuming we can ignore that part on our end, it represents a major alteration of God’s Law.

And that is my broader point. He has altered His Law. I’ve mentioned any number of examples and here is another; the Ark of the Covenant has gone missing. Even if God didn’t actively remove it, He didn’t protect it and He didn’t replace it. He altered a fundamental part of His Laws, and He didn’t even wait for Christ to do it.

The Ark is not a category specific thing Mark. Many of the commanded feasts require the sprinkling of the blood over the mercy seat. You know this. The forgiveness for the sins of the people were tied to this.

This is the central point of the entire religion since Creation, reconciling a finite and sinful man to an infinite and righteous God. Even assuming we can ignore that part on our end, it represents a major alteration of God’s Law.

And that is my broader point. He has altered His Law. I’ve mentioned any number of examples and here is another; the Ark of the Covenant has gone missing. Even if God didn’t actively remove it, He didn’t protect it and He didn’t replace it. He altered a fundamental part of His Laws, and He didn’t even wait for Christ to do it.
NO! The law was not ever altered.

Yes, the ark is currently unavailable. That doesn't mean it is 'done away with.' It does mean that element of the Torah is temporarily suspended. Ezekiel 43-44 clearly indicate its return...

Why is it suspended? Judgment. It is judgment against us for not being obedient the first time.

Yes, we have Yeshua, and all sacrifice throughout history, past, future, points to Him...

There is a prophecy that a time will come when we no longer have or needs Temple... but, that's in the New Jerusalem. There is NO prophecy that it would be done away with before that time.

Torah is temporarily suspended. Ezekiel 43-44 clearly indicate its return..
So Torah has been altered, a suspension is an alteration. And you have to admit that a 2,500 year suspension is a major alteration. Maybe it’s not permanent from a spiritual stand point but it’s not unreasonable for anyone to assume the suspension isn’t being lifted until Christ’s return.

So, God will alter the Torah when He so chooses. We may disagree on what He’s altered and why but you do agree that He can alter it? I mean you just said it, He suspended it for 2,500 years…..

So Torah has been altered, a suspension is an alteration. And you have to admit that a 2,500 year suspension is a major alteration. Maybe it’s not permanent from a spiritual stand point but it’s not unreasonable for anyone to assume the suspension isn’t being lifted until Christ’s return.

So, God will alter the Torah when He so chooses. We may disagree on what He’s altered and why but you do agree that He can alter it? I mean you just said it, He suspended it for 2,500 years…..
The Torah is unaltered. The conditions do not exist for some aspects. That is not an alteration. It is a punishment.

The Torah is unaltered. The conditions do not exist for some aspects. That is not an alteration. It is a punishment.
Well it’s taking all the reserves of maturity and restraint I have but I’ve been told to lock this thread. It violates all of my core beliefs and ravages my tender conscience but @PeteR , you get the last…..the last….. oh I just threw up in my mouth….I can do this…. Take up your cross Zec, take up your cross….just man up boy…..you’re a Marine……Peteyougethelastword. Whew! I knew I could do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back