• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

YHWH is Satan?

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
I've never heard of this before, and I've seen it referenced twice today, once by one of my Facebook friends who is a very committed Christian. Here's one of the examples:
When the Hebrews were starving during their 40 yr Exodus, they asked Yahweh for bread. YHWH sent them snakes to kill them.
Yeshua then speaks to this episode during his ministry.
Christianity teaches YHWH is God. Christianity is tragically wrong. YHWH is Satan, the adversary.
He posted an image showing Matthew 7: 9-10.
Has anyone heard of this before?
How does this even work? If Satan was God, then who is God?

Big subject.

It is easiest summed up as YHWH has told man how to live. If and when man obeys he lives on the blessing side of Deut. Chapter 28. When man is disobedient and sins, he finds himself on the curses side of Deut. 28.

When you are truly monotheistic, Satan becomes both less scary, and far more powerful....because you realize that living wrong makes YHWH your opponent....your satan....your adversary.

The real question is are we living on YHWH's "side" or opposing Him? When on His side you have no satan...but if you are NOT on His side them YHWH himself is our adversary (by our choice).

Look at the two accounts of David numbering the children of Israel and you will see that one says that "Satan" stood up against Israel and caused David to number the people. The other says that YHWH was the one who caused David to number the people.

So...I usually have two questions. Is there anything Satan can do to us that YHWH didn't already promise to do himself for disobedience?

And how do you reconcile the two different accounts mentioned above?

There is another interesting fact. The first time Satan appears he is....the angel of the Lord.... sent to oppose Baalam.

I've never heard of this before, and I've seen it referenced twice today, once by one of my Facebook friends who is a very committed Christian. Here's one of the examples:

He posted an image showing Matthew 7: 9-10.
Has anyone heard of this before?
How does this even work? If Satan was God, then who is God?
Based on a realllly long documentary I watched a couple years ago…
Freemasons/Satanists
Their god is Lucifer.
Everything is inverted.

This sounds really wrong to me, but I don't want to wade into this argument (being mostly a lurker in these forums anyway). I just want to mention that it was in the context of attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan that the Lord Jesus warned about speaking a word against the Holy Spirit. And then he followed it up immediately with a warning that we will be brought to judgment for every idle word we speak.
@FollowingHim2 I know you are putting the thought out as a question based on some things you've seen recently and not as an assertion. I just felt that out of concern for everyone here I ought to suggest to everyone that whatever we feel or think here, we ought to tread carefully and mind our tongues (and our typing fingers).

God created everything, including Satan. Therefore, Satan exists only because God decided he would exist, and continues to tolerate his existence because he is useful in God's purposes.

Like Gollum in Lord of the Rings. He was an adversary, but intentionally tolerated because it was known on some level that he had a part to play in the end.

It is blasphemy to say that YHWH is satan and the God of Jesus is different. However, because satan can only do what God allows him to do, I can see how someone can be twisted in their thinking to come to such a blasphemous conclusion.

Satan (the Devil) is a created being with a terminal end in sight. Matt. 25:41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Satan is subject to Almighty God. Rev. 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The living and true God is the eternal Creator who rules and reigns over all, so even Satan, the Devil, does His bidding to accomplish His eternal purpose.

Most of xtianity doesn't understand the etymology of the word 'satan'. The Hebrew word literally just means 'adversary'. So, Hasatan is 'the adversary'. Which can mean lots of things in context.

Some are confused by verses where Yah Himself says things to the effect of "I Am an adversary to [them]."

I still have two questions....

I can’t remember the name of the cult but I know Augustine was an adherent to it before his conversion. This cult taught that God was perfect spirit and completely unknowable to the physical world. The physical world was created by a lesser and malignant being who was trying to corrupt perfect spirit. So this idea that the Creator God is in fact Satan (or at least the embodiment of evil) has deep roots. I think Paul might have mentioned this group too.

I can’t remember the name of the cult but I know Augustine was an adherent to it before his conversion. This cult taught that God was perfect spirit and completely unknowable to the physical world. The physical world was created by a lesser and malignant being who was trying to corrupt perfect spirit. So this idea that the Creator God is in fact Satan (or at least the embodiment of evil) has deep roots. I think Paul might have mentioned this group too.
Gnostics

Most of xtianity doesn't understand the etymology of the word 'satan'. The Hebrew word literally just means 'adversary'. So, Hasatan is 'the adversary'. Which can mean lots of things in context.

Some are confused by verses where Yah Himself says things to the effect of "I Am an adversary to [them]."
Ding, ding, ding....

Wascreading and saying, 'satan means adversary, satan means adversary...' then Mark made the connection.

Freemasons/Satanists
Their god is Lucifer.
Everything is inverted.
Yes, there are those who invert the whole picture and worship the one who brought knowledge of good and evil (in their vernacular, light) to mankind.

Twisted and upsidedown.

Yes, there are those who invert the whole picture and worship the one who brought knowledge of good and evil (in their vernacular, light) to mankind.

Twisted and upsidedown.
They seem to be increasing.

I was going to throw a Lord of the Rings analogy in here saying that comparing God to the devil is something like comparing Tolkien to Morgoth. Since FollowingHim already did that, I'll have to fall back to Lewis instead. 😉

Comparing God to the devil is something like comparing C.S. Lewis to Jadis the White Witch. Jadis did what Lewis ordained her to do, but Jadis certainly isn't Lewis.

I realize that is a different issue than what Mark and PeteR are saying. I believe they are pointing out that God will be our adversary should we oppose Him. I believe that to be true.

There is also an evil spiritual entity (created and not eternal) out there called Lucifer, the devil, the dragon, the serpent, satan/the adversary, the accuser of the brethren.

That created entity became evil, rebelled against God, seeks to harm the children of man, opposes the Bride of Christ, and will be ultimately cast into the lake of fire. His doom is sure.

Freemasons/Satanists
Their god is Lucifer.
Everything is inverted.

I recommend caution on most 'documentaries' about the Freemasons or Masons. Too many people get all paranoid about them and put them up as some sort of boogeyman to be the blame for all human ills.

The fact is that Freemasonry membership was at its peak in 1959 with 4.1 million members and by 2020 that number had dropped by 75%. The numbers get even worse when you factor in the decline in associated fraternal organizations run by Masons such as the Elks, Rotary, Lions, Moose, Rosicrucians, Better Business Bureau (yes, that too), and innumerable Chambers of Commerce. The infamous Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale has long been acknowledged to have deep roots in Freemasonry.

Freemasonry came out of the Secret Society movement of the late 1700's and early 1800's. Secret societies were all the rage at the time and so was occultism. Secret societies often adopted occult symbols and rituals to give their members a feeling of power and to set them apart from the mere public. Mormonism is an offshoot of this period of time and many LDS rituals, symbols, and practices are similar to those of the Masons. Scientology also has many parallels to the secret societies.

To some extent, the Nazi Party adopted rituals and symbolism in the mold of the secret societies. To a much lesser extent so did the communists.

There is a great appeal to some people in having secret knowledge and being able to surreptitiously work with other members of the secret society in public settings via mechanisms like secret handshakes, clever lapel pins, and special words to be used in public.

But it is all a lie and it is all falsehood.

The real power is in Jesus and where there is no real power in the secret societies then the best way to defeat them is to drag them into the light of day, mock them, or ignore them.

And that is what has been happening thus their membership declines, their lodges and temples are closing, and their days are numbered.

I recommend caution on most 'documentaries' about the Freemasons or Masons. Too many people get all paranoid about them and put them up as some sort of boogeyman to be the blame for all human ills.

The fact is that Freemasonry membership was at its peak in 1959 with 4.1 million members and by 2020 that number had dropped by 75%. The numbers get even worse when you factor in the decline in associated fraternal organizations run by Masons such as the Elks, Rotary, Lions, Moose, Rosicrucians, Better Business Bureau (yes, that too), and innumerable Chambers of Commerce. The infamous Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale has long been acknowledged to have deep roots in Freemasonry.

Freemasonry came out of the Secret Society movement of the late 1700's and early 1800's. Secret societies were all the rage at the time and so was occultism. Secret societies often adopted occult symbols and rituals to give their members a feeling of power and to set them apart from the mere public. Mormonism is an offshoot of this period of time and many LDS rituals, symbols, and practices are similar to those of the Masons. Scientology also has many parallels to the secret societies.

To some extent, the Nazi Party adopted rituals and symbolism in the mold of the secret societies. To a much lesser extent so did the communists.

There is a great appeal to some people in having secret knowledge and being able to surreptitiously work with other members of the secret society in public settings via mechanisms like secret handshakes, clever lapel pins, and special words to be used in public.

But it is all a lie and it is all falsehood.

The real power is in Jesus and where there is no real power in the secret societies then the best way to defeat them is to drag them into the light of day, mock them, or ignore them.

And that is what has been happening thus their membership declines, their lodges and temples are closing, and their days are numbered.
What matters is how much current elite is connected with Freemasonry.

Trends aren't going in their favor. But if current elite is masonic, they will try to will replacement for existing organisation.

There is also an evil spiritual entity (created and not eternal) out there called Lucifer, the devil, the dragon, the serpent, satan/the adversary, the accuser of the brethren.
Lucifer. Ever look that up in the concordance? It is a title applied to the King of Babylon. Also a mistranslation as the word was not in existence at the time Isaiah wrote.

The devil is another matter....the serpent that beguiled Eve becomes the dragon with seven heads and ten horns....and is kings and kingdoms by Revelation.

Ever look at how many times the "satan" in the bible is a man....and his name given?

How about those original two questions I have.

I'm surprised at how many who know "the church" is wrong about polygyny just trust the common teaching in this area.

Back