• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

YHWH is Satan?

I'm surprised at how many who know "the church" is wrong about polygyny just trust the common teaching in this area.
Many men (myself included) find the subject of women more interesting than the subject of the devil. ☺️

Therefore, we have more motivation to deeply study what the Scriptures teach about polygyny.

Fortunately, I think most of us also find God Himself to be even more interesting than women.

Speaking of the devil, who do you understand to have tempted Jesus in Luke chapter 4?

Lucifer. Ever look that up in the concordance? It is a title applied to the King of Babylon. Also a mistranslation as the word was not in existence at the time Isaiah wrote.

The devil is another matter....the serpent that beguiled Eve becomes the dragon with seven heads and ten horns....and is kings and kingdoms by Revelation.

Ever look at how many times the "satan" in the bible is a man....and his name given?

How about those original two questions I have.

I'm surprised at how many who know "the church" is wrong about polygyny just trust the common teaching in this area.
The prophecy about the king of Tyre in Ezekiel 28 seems to have a double meaning and also refer to the devil.

Speaking of the devil, who do you understand to have tempted Jesus in Luke chapter 4?
Who or what does James say tempts man?
Jesus was made like his brethren and was tempted like they are.

Why does everyone continue asking questions....but refuse to answer mine?

Big subject.

It is easiest summed up as YHWH has told man how to live. If and when man obeys he lives on the blessing side of Deut. Chapter 28. When man is disobedient and sins, he finds himself on the curses side of Deut. 28.

When you are truly monotheistic, Satan becomes both less scary, and far more powerful....because you realize that living wrong makes YHWH your opponent....your satan....your adversary.

When on His side you have no satan...but if you are NOT on His side them YHWH himself is our adversary (by our choice).

Look at the two accounts of David numbering the children of Israel and you will see that one says that "Satan" stood up against Israel and caused David to number the people. The other says that YHWH was the one who caused David to number the people.

So...I usually have two questions. Is there anything Satan can do to us that YHWH didn't already promise to do himself for disobedience?

There is another interesting fact. The first time Satan appears he is....the angel of the Lord.... sent to oppose Baalam.
Which question do you want us to answer?

The real question is are we living on YHWH's "side" or opposing Him?
So...I usually have two questions. Is there anything Satan can do to us that YHWH didn't already promise to do himself for disobedience
I am living on YHWH's side. I bow in submission to, and live by faith in His Son. I fall short in many ways, but do bow in humble adoration before the Lord.

I'm not sure about the second question, but my gut impression is "no, I don't think so".

As Luther reportedly said "Even the Devil is God's devil."

The devil and every other created thing ultimately serves the sovereign purposes of God. The White Witch showed us how awesome Aslan is. Satan helps show us how awesome God is. Here of course my Lewis analogy breaks down. God is both the Author of the ultimate Story and a participant in it. Praise be to God!

"And how do you reconcile the two different accounts mentioned above?"

Yes, God caused David to number the Israelites. Yes, Satan caused David to number the Israelites. God sovereignly ordained that it come to pass, and Satan is how it came to pass.

This is similar to God hardening Pharaoh's heart and Pharaoh hardening his own heart. Both are true in different ways.

Similarly, one might say that "Putin invaded Ukraine" and "thousands of Russian soldiers invaded Ukraine". Both are true in different ways.

Both the plumber fixed the sink, and the wrench fixed the sink.

Last edited:
That's been my beef with the 'whore church' ever since I figured out what that term meant, and what Jeremiah meant in 16:19...
I'm really tired of hearing you constantly refer to those who disagree with your particular views as "the whore church".

The Church is the Bride of Christ. He loves her with a love beyond our comprehension. There are certainly false professors and false teachers in the visible Church, and the King will deal with them. There are also many weak, misinformed, and sometimes shallow people that are genuine believers in Christ. Even these true believers fall far short.

Nonetheless, Christ loves His Bride, and died for His people. He chose them. In the end, He will successfully sanctify them to Himself. The Church will be made a pure and spotless Bride.

Lament over the sad condition of the Church of Christ, but don't despise those that the Master loves.

I'm really tired of hearing you constantly refer to those who disagree with your particular views as "the whore church".
You really should try reading His Word. I'd've though most here would at LEAST be familiar with references like Jeremiah chapter 3 and Ezekiel 23.

You really should try reading His Word. I'd've though most here would at LEAST be familiar with references like Jeremiah chapter 3 and Ezekiel 23.
The whores Judah and Israel?

I recommend caution on most 'documentaries' about the Freemasons or Masons. Too many people get all paranoid about them and put them up as some sort of boogeyman to be the blame for all human ills.

The fact is that Freemasonry membership was at its peak in 1959 with 4.1 million members and by 2020 that number had dropped by 75%. The numbers get even worse when you factor in the decline in associated fraternal organizations run by Masons such as the Elks, Rotary, Lions, Moose, Rosicrucians, Better Business Bureau (yes, that too), and innumerable Chambers of Commerce. The infamous Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale has long been acknowledged to have deep roots in Freemasonry.

Freemasonry came out of the Secret Society movement of the late 1700's and early 1800's. Secret societies were all the rage at the time and so was occultism. Secret societies often adopted occult symbols and rituals to give their members a feeling of power and to set them apart from the mere public. Mormonism is an offshoot of this period of time and many LDS rituals, symbols, and practices are similar to those of the Masons. Scientology also has many parallels to the secret societies.

To some extent, the Nazi Party adopted rituals and symbolism in the mold of the secret societies. To a much lesser extent so did the communists.

There is a great appeal to some people in having secret knowledge and being able to surreptitiously work with other members of the secret society in public settings via mechanisms like secret handshakes, clever lapel pins, and special words to be used in public.

But it is all a lie and it is all falsehood.

The real power is in Jesus and where there is no real power in the secret societies then the best way to defeat them is to drag them into the light of day, mock them, or ignore them.

And that is what has been happening thus their membership declines, their lodges and temples are closing, and their days are numbered.
Good word. The YouTube video was former member Altiyan Childs’ testimony, super interesting and informational, but did come across a bit sensationalized.

Good word. The YouTube video was former member Altiyan Childs’ testimony, super interesting and informational, but did come across a bit sensationalized.
I've also see that video. As you said, it was super interesting and informational, but did come across a bit sensationalized.

I've never heard of this before, and I've seen it referenced twice today, once by one of my Facebook friends who is a very committed Christian. Here's one of the examples:

He posted an image showing Matthew 7: 9-10.
Has anyone heard of this before?
How does this even work? If Satan was God, then who is God?
First I would like to point out that (Genesis 3:1) Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? The first thing the serpent did was to question YaHWeH's command, "Yea, hath God said". And secondly, I will keep this short, so you will have to look up the passages, Job chapters 1 and 2, we have Satan with the permission of YaHWeH, tempting Job. Also, we have YaHshua in Matt chapter 4 being tempted by the wicked one.

I say all of the above because the wicked one is doing everything in his power to lead believers astray, so there is really nothing new under the sun. We have personally experienced this with the 2 families that used to live on our property. It first started out with questioning Paul, he is a hypocrite, he is anti-Torah, and a number of other things. So they threw Paul out and since Paul wrote most of the New Testament, we must throw that out now. Which leads them to question YaHshua. What is his purpose?? And I am here to tell you there are some videos out there that will get you to question, for example, Jews for Judaism don't believe YaHshua is the Messiah and they go into great detail to discredit the Christian faith. And there is a documentary, I don't remember the name of it, but if I remember correctly it is put out by some atheist. They point out the differences in the crucifixion in the gospels, the lineage of YaHshua, and so on. So because of all these questions, Paul is out, the New Testament is out, and so is YaHshua. Now we have the latest one, which is what you are pointing out, YaHWeH is cruel and He takes on a Cannanite god's name, YaHWeH according to them and now they are not sure who to pray to, and it is all under the umbrella of seeking truth. They just sent me a new video that is pointing out some "contradictions" in the Bible, for example, Micah 7:18 vs Jeremiah 17:4. I would say our adversary is working over time.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
And so far he is doing a great job, which is sad.

First I would like to point out that (Genesis 3:1) Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? The first thing the serpent did was to question YaHWeH's command, "Yea, hath God said". And secondly, I will keep this short, so you will have to look up the passages, Job chapters 1 and 2, we have Satan with the permission of YaHWeH, tempting Job. Also, we have YaHshua in Matt chapter 4 being tempted by the wicked one.

I say all of the above because the wicked one is doing everything in his power to lead believers astray, so there is really nothing new under the sun. We have personally experienced this with the 2 families that used to live on our property. It first started out with questioning Paul, he is a hypocrite, he is anti-Torah, and a number of other things. So they threw Paul out and since Paul wrote most of the New Testament, we must throw that out now. Which leads them to question YaHshua. What is his purpose?? And I am here to tell you there are some videos out there that will get you to question, for example, Jews for Judaism don't believe YaHshua is the Messiah and they go into great detail to discredit the Christian faith. And there is a documentary, I don't remember the name of it, but if I remember correctly it is put out by some atheist. They point out the differences in the crucifixion in the gospels, the lineage of YaHshua, and so on. So because of all these questions, Paul is out, the New Testament is out, and so is YaHshua. Now we have the latest one, which is what you are pointing out, YaHWeH is cruel and He takes on a Cannanite god's name, YaHWeH according to them and now they are not sure who to pray to, and it is all under the umbrella of seeking truth. They just sent me a new video that is pointing out some "contradictions" in the Bible, for example, Micah 7:18 vs Jeremiah 17:4. I would say our adversary is working over time.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
And so far he is doing a great job, which is sad.
"Our own" RevoltingMan made some videos a while back about how those that reject Paul ultimately end up rejecting Christ. That is the path of destruction, as the Son is the Only Way to the Father.

"Our own" RevoltingMan made some videos a while back about how those that reject Paul ultimately end up rejecting Christ. That is the path of destruction, as the Son is the Only Way to the Father.
@The Revolting Man can you share a link?

Last edited:
This conversation has been very interesting. Thank you to everyone who has responded.
I just want to make clear that obviously I'm not starting to think that way. As has been mentioned in this thread, there are so many verses that say otherwise, and it's nuts to me that really decent Christians are going down the path of believing this obvious falsehood. I still struggle to understand how they got there.
I feel like basically you can 'prove' anything from the bible you want, you can always find 'evidence' to back up your claims, even if it's a load of nonsense.

Back