• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Stuff that is Abomination

Maddog

Male
As I read through early scriptures I run across the word "Abomination". It was taught to me that it meant "sin" so therefore eating clams and ospreys and horses and dogs was sinful. I just didn't know really what this "sin" was. Upon recall the old book, "None of These Diseases" I remembered the cleanliness aspect and it starts to make sense. I always want to know the why behind the wherefore. If we can loosely substitute the word dirty or unsanitary in place of abomination it then begins to make more sense. If eating clams and oysters is unsanitary, why? They are filter feeders and their job is to remove the dirty dead decaying stuff from the water(presumably from people and animals defecating in the waters), process it to be less harmful to aquatic critters. When the clam is eaten it is the filter that is consumed and all the crap with it. Not very sanitary. So, armed with that as a background, what are the other things that are considered abomination and why? This of course is a bit of conjecture based on the rules of sanitation. GO!

I’d suggest before you hare off on a doctrinal creation thread. First do a quick word study to see how God uses the word Abomination in scripture. Then once you have a rudimentary scriptural definition for the word, then start trying to figure out what implications that has on your life.

The Hebrew word generally rendered thus in English is 'toebah' - and it is the strongest negative connotation in the language. Bestiality is thus described, as is a "man lying with a man as with a woman." Both carry the death penalty, as ultimately, does most toebah.

Any decent Bible tool will be able to do a word search on the Hebrew word, as used.

"With all your getting get Understanding" the old polygamist said. Well, the bestiality one is a no brainer but what about not eating fish that have no scales? I want a conversation, not a directive to go read my Bible. Toebah is good and the directive is thus followed but the rationale is important too. My point is that God's Word is so very healthy but why is NOT eating an animal that "has a cloven hoof but doesn't chew the cud" important? I have my opinions but far too often the arrogance of lecturing know-it-all's wears on me. I have a college degree and 50+years of christianity experience and 40 years of mechanical manufacturing experience. If someone has pertinent input that encourages the brothers and sisters, lets hear it.
Perhaps another idea might work- It appears that the fish requirement may have something to do with what the fish eats? Crab and lobster eats the dead and decaying critters. Dolphins and sharks are predators. Dogs and Cats are also predators but on land. See the line of reasoning? "Come, let us reason together..." the prophet says.

Why not eat horses?
They eat pretty much what cows eat.
No bad habits that I’m aware of.

Maybe we don’t absolutely have to have an answer that we can understand.

Another good question is this

Why did the Lord initially only permit man to eat plants, but then after the Flood also certain animals (and debatably later other animals as well)?

...Well, the bestiality one is a no brainer but what about not eating fish that have no scales? I want a conversation, not a directive to go read my Bible. Toebah is good and the directive is thus followed but the rationale is important too. My point is that God's Word is so very healthy but why is NOT eating an animal that "has a cloven hoof but doesn't chew the cud" important?
Why is the prohibition against bestiality a "no-brainer" any more than His other prohibitions?

Turns out that sodomy is a virtual-lock on early death.

So is eating pork, as any honest study of "the science" (not to be confused with the Pagan High Priest Fauci version) will confirm. The more "science" learns, the more it turns out YHVH was Right All Along.

(My own journey to obedience came years ago in the form of a 'popular science' article I read shortly after being exposed to what really IS food and is not, almost as if He was showing me...I still recall the headline: "Science discovers Pig DNA Closest to Human," which is why, they noted - again, prior to Fauci and ubiquitous bio-weapons, which use the understanding for obvious reasons - 'every major pandemic came through pigs to 'jump the species barrier' to humans.)

Over the years I came across LEGIONS more information, from the pig "waste vents" to wonderful enzymes in their flesh like "putrescene" and "cadaverene". Umm, good!

And, guess what, shellfish are the 'pigs of the sea' - bottom feeders that eat dead stuff. And they absorb a WHOLE lot of heavy metals, too. Mercury, arsenic, and so on.

We should obey because "if you love Me, keep My commands." And He promises a blessing for obedience, and curses for rebellion. Like the Booga-booga flus, poxes, and plagues. (See Deut. 28:60-61, and think 'bio-weapon'.)

But it turns out He really IS right...whether the Whore Church, and those who deny His Word, or claim it just doesn't matter any more, like it or not.

Thou shalt not seeth a kid in its mothers milk. Why is that? Doesnt everyone enjoy a nice cheeseburger?

Thou shalt not seeth a kid in its mothers milk. Why is that? Doesnt everyone enjoy a nice cheeseburger?
It only says to not boil the mothers baby in her own milk.
Taking it beyond that is “adding to”, Imo.

So is eating pork, as any honest study of "the science" (not to be confused with the Pagan High Priest Fauci version) will confirm. The more "science" learns, the more it turns out YHVH was Right All Along.

Please cite a study or studies to support this claim. Thank you.

Please cite a study or studies to support this claim. Thank you.
There are studies, entire books on the subject. Do a search for the enzymes I mentioned, 'cadaverene' and 'putrescene' - see what "science" observes their purpose to be. Ask a farm girl or any large animal vet about the effluent channels that run down the legs of pigs to eject 'effluvia'.

As for The Great God Science, and its High Priest Dr. Mengele, er - Tony; start with RFK, Jr.'s excellent work, The Real Anthony Fauci. It's footnoted to high heaven.

But it doesn't take a 'study' (especially given what we've seen from the likes of 'The Lancet', et al, to debunk MaskIdiocy or submitting oneself to be a Zyklon-B guinea pig.) I point to an easy 'experiment' (Basic Real Science 101) with a $20 pulse oximeter. Put it on your finger. Take a blood oxygen content reading. Then put on a Face Diaper Rebreather, and breathe your own exhaust for a couple of minutes. Watch the reading drop. (if you had a blood CO2 indication, it would rise.)

That's about as direct "science" as you can get.

"Peer reviewed science" has LITERALLY been 'whored-out' by the eugenicists. See 'the Twitter Files' (even the tiny fraction already released.)

As for pork, and shellfish, the evidence is just plain Legion.

Thou shalt not seeth a . Why is that? Doesnt everyone enjoy a nice cheeseburger?
As Steve mentioned, this is not a prohibition of eating meat and dairy together (as commonly understood in Judaism).

It is a prohibition against boiling a young goat in it's mother's milk. Cooking a baby goat in it's own mother's milk (which was meant to give strength, life, and nourishment to the kid) seems perverse.

This seems to parallel Proverbs 12:10

"A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel." (NKJV)

Even animals deserve a certain degree of consideration and respect. We are allowed to utilize them, and even eat them, but shouldn't act cruelly in doing so.

If you really have to boil your young goat in milk, do it with cow milk, or at least the milk of a different nanny goat.

I'll happily eat cheeseburgers

There seems some evidence that boiling a kid in its mothers milk was a pagan fertility rite.. perverse as are many such rites.

There are studies, entire books on the subject. Do a search for the enzymes I mentioned, 'cadaverene' and 'putrescene' - see what "science" observes their purpose to be. Ask a farm girl or any large animal vet about the effluent channels that run down the legs of pigs to eject 'effluvia'.

As for The Great God Science, and its High Priest Dr. Mengele, er - Tony; start with RFK, Jr.'s excellent work, The Real Anthony Fauci. It's footnoted to high heaven.

But it doesn't take a 'study' (especially given what we've seen from the likes of 'The Lancet', et al, to debunk MaskIdiocy or submitting oneself to be a Zyklon-B guinea pig.) I point to an easy 'experiment' (Basic Real Science 101) with a $20 pulse oximeter. Put it on your finger. Take a blood oxygen content reading. Then put on a Face Diaper Rebreather, and breathe your own exhaust for a couple of minutes. Watch the reading drop. (if you had a blood CO2 indication, it would rise.)

That's about as direct "science" as you can get.

"Peer reviewed science" has LITERALLY been 'whored-out' by the eugenicists. See 'the Twitter Files' (even the tiny fraction already released.)

As for pork, and shellfish, the evidence is just plain Legion.
I would like to focus on the animal aspect and not Dr Mengela although they might be intricately intertwined. In my reading and in a little animal husbandry I have read on, the common qualities of "unclean" or "not allowed as food" animals seem to be the prevalence of carnivore type animals versus herbivore. Or another way to see it is as trash clean up and predators versus animals that eat plants. Another might be the combination of certain foods regardless of the cruelty.

As Steve mentioned, this is not a prohibition of eating meat and dairy together (as commonly understood in Judaism).

It is a prohibition against boiling a young goat in it's mother's milk. Cooking a baby goat in it's own mother's milk (which was meant to give strength, life, and nourishment to the kid) seems perverse.

This seems to parallel Proverbs 12:10

"A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel." (NKJV)

Even animals deserve a certain degree of consideration and respect. We are allowed to utilize them, and even eat them, but shouldn't act cruelly in doing so.

If you really have to boil your young goat in milk, do it with cow milk, or at least the milk of a different nanny goat.

I'll happily eat cheeseburgers
I love me a cheeseburger for sure. I like the idea of mixing maybe goat cheese with beef burger for the meal but I have never tried it. Now thinking further, I wonder about the human gut and the mixing of cow's meat with cow's milk. Might that be the start of substantial intestinal problems? As a people, us Americans are terribly unhealthy. Could it be the unholy violations of God's dietetic orders?

I would like to focus on the animal aspect and not Dr Mengela although they might be intricately intertwined. In my reading and in a little animal husbandry I have read on, the common qualities of "unclean" or "not allowed as food" animals seem to be the prevalence of carnivore type animals versus herbivore. Or another way to see it is as trash clean up and predators versus animals that eat plants. Another might be the combination of certain foods regardless of the cruelty.
Dr Mengela was the evil doctor of the 20th century. He has been supplanted by Dr. Fauci for the 21st. 😣

I love me a cheeseburger for sure. I like the idea of mixing maybe goat cheese with beef burger for the meal but I have never tried it. Now thinking further, I wonder about the human gut and the mixing of cow's meat with cow's milk. Might that be the start of substantial intestinal problems? As a people, us Americans are terribly unhealthy. Could it be the unholy violations of God's dietetic orders?
I don't think the poor health of Americans is largely due to ignoring the dietary laws given to Israel at Sinai.

I think it is a combination of many factors. Here are a few. They aren't necessarily in order

Sedentary lifestyle
High sugar intake (+high carbs in general)
Excessively processed foods, including high fructose corn syrup and trans fats
Over medication
Vax damage
Environmental toxins and pesticides
GMO foods
Nutritional deficiency (minerals, vitamin D, fiber, maybe protein)
Sexual immorality
Feminism
Depression due to not knowing God and overall sinful lifestyle

Last edited:
The Japanese are generally in better health than Americans and eat a variety of foods prohibited to Israel at Sinai.

Pork, shrimp, clams, oysters, eels, octopus, squid, and many more

That doesn't make the Japanese right or wrong, but they aren't the fat slobs that we Yanks tend to be.

Back