• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Stuff that is Abomination

Sedentary lifestyle
High sugar intake (+high carbs in general)
Excessively processed foods, including high fructose corn syrup and trans fats
Over medication
Vax damage
Environmental toxins and pesticides
GMO foods
Nutritional deficiency (minerals, vitamin D, fiber, maybe protein)
Sexual immorality
Feminism
Depression due to not knowing God and overall sinful lifestyle
This might come under toxins etc, but I'd also add to that list, infertility. Whether that is from using contraception (hormonal or barrier), or from vaccines or whatever.
Children keep you young. For a woman, the hormones released in pregnancy are massive, and they keep you looking younger much longer (I'm proof of that!). And breastfeeding is incredibly good for you, drastically decreasing the risk of breast cancer etc.
And for both women and men, just having a child around is very good for you emotionally and physically in terms of playing with them etc. And while there will always be exceptions to the rule, studies show time and time again just how important children are. Look at any study involving older people and what a difference it makes if they're involved with their grandchildren.

I don't think the poor health of Americans is largely due to ignoring the dietary laws given to Israel at Sinai.

I think it is a combination of many factors. Here are a few. They aren't necessarily in order

Sedentary lifestyle
High sugar intake (+high carbs in general)
Excessively processed foods, including high fructose corn syrup and trans fats
Over medication
Vax damage
GMO foods
Nutritional deficiency (minerals, vitamin D, fiber, maybe protein)
Sexual immorality
Feminism
Depression due to not knowing God and overall sinful lifestyle
You forgot Coke. :)

It's a good question and has no clear answers. Much has been said about pigs, and the fact that they are close biologically to humans and get many of the same diseases seems a sound enough biological reason for the prohibition. However, pigs are just one of a very long list of prohibited animals.

Some of it comes back to not eating carnivorous animals - but only some of it, and that is inconsistent.

Horses really don't make much sense. Why just ruminants? What is it about the gut of a horse, or a rabbit, that renders the flesh of these vegetarian animals unfit for human consumption? Or a fruit bat? I have no idea.

And fish are a very difficult one. Why is the distinction around scales? Sure it eliminates shellfish, which have known disease risks - often shellfish are prohibited from collection in a particular area for a period of time because of known disease problems. Eliminating them does remove a real health risk.

But most fish with scales are carnivores - basically all fish are carnivores. And fish that eat shellfish are fine. A major reason to not eat carnivores is that some toxins absorbed by a herbivore, like heavy metals, may be at a low level, but are then concentrated in the flesh of a carnivore that eats lots of those herbivores. So by this measure large carnivorous fish may in some cases be even more dangerous than shellfish.

Birds also. The elephant in the room is "can we eat chickens?". They're omnivores. This is a question that is best ignored, as to conclude the answer was "no" would have too many serious ramifications, especially for someone who has already eliminated pork from their diet and at least partially substituted it with chicken...

It would be great to understand the reasons behind it. But I don't know that there is a consistent biological reason - given the massive variety in the animals prohibited I struggle to see how the answer could possibly be biological. In some cases it may be solely a test of obedience to a random instruction.

Another instruction I find very difficult to understand is the prohibition on sowing multiple kinds of seed in a field. Mixed crops are a fundamental part of any regenerative farming strategy, and they mimic the natural environment that God himself designed. How do we reconcile God's design of mixed ecosystems with his prohibition on sowing mixed crops (at least "in the land" depending on your interpretation of where these laws apply)?

Btw; Rabbits
For centuries the statement that included rabbits with those that chew the cud was laughed at, because they didn’t have the same internal parts that cud-chewers have.
But somewhere in the 1960’s it was discovered that they actually do produce a cud that they re-chew.

Yet you won't produce any.
Paul says "study to show yourself approved." I listed tons of resources, and the evidence IS legion. And those enzymes are involved in the breakdown of dead flesh. Which is what pigs do.

Either do the work, or don't. This is not "too hard for you."

It's a good question and has no clear answers. Much has been said about pigs, and the fact that they are close biologically to humans and get many of the same diseases seems a sound enough biological reason for the prohibition. However, pigs are just one of a very long list of prohibited animals.

Some of it comes back to not eating carnivorous animals - but only some of it, and that is inconsistent.

Horses really don't make much sense. Why just ruminants? What is it about the gut of a horse, or a rabbit, that renders the flesh of these vegetarian animals unfit for human consumption? Or a fruit bat? I have no idea.

And fish are a very difficult one. Why is the distinction around scales? Sure it eliminates shellfish, which have known disease risks - often shellfish are prohibited from collection in a particular area for a period of time because of known disease problems. Eliminating them does remove a real health risk.

But most fish with scales are carnivores - basically all fish are carnivores. And fish that eat shellfish are fine. A major reason to not eat carnivores is that some toxins absorbed by a herbivore, like heavy metals, may be at a low level, but are then concentrated in the flesh of a carnivore that eats lots of those herbivores. So by this measure large carnivorous fish may in some cases be even more dangerous than shellfish.

Birds also. The elephant in the room is "can we eat chickens?". They're omnivores. This is a question that is best ignored, as to conclude the answer was "no" would have too many serious ramifications, especially for someone who has already eliminated pork from their diet and at least partially substituted it with chicken...

It would be great to understand the reasons behind it. But I don't know that there is a consistent biological reason - given the massive variety in the animals prohibited I struggle to see how the answer could possibly be biological. In some cases it may be solely a test of obedience to a random instruction.

Another instruction I find very difficult to understand is the prohibition on sowing multiple kinds of seed in a field. Mixed crops are a fundamental part of any regenerative farming strategy, and they mimic the natural environment that God himself designed. How do we reconcile God's design of mixed ecosystems with his prohibition on sowing mixed crops (at least "in the land" depending on your interpretation of where these laws apply)?
You have a good theory in that the reason we dont do a particular thing is "because I said so!" Ok I get it but we have learned so much and yet are still so dumb. I just like to connect the dots of modern understanding with ancient mores. My life is not impacted by not eating pork or horses so for me it is moot but for others like a pig farmer it may be eating or starving, follow God and die or do as you will and you will live. It could be a stark contrast, following God could be costly.

However, pigs are just one of a very long list of prohibited animals.

Pigs are in fact unique among prohibited land animals; they are the ONLY type which DOES have a split hoof but does not "chew the cud". (The sages make an interesting observation: that make pork particularly DECEPTIVE - you have to watch 'em to see they're not food.) They are also the ONLY type about which it is Written, "don't even touch their dead carcass."

The other clean animals ('food' - as opposed to NOT food) share in common that they 'chew the cud,' and thus have a rumen, multiple stomachs, and so on. It at least 'kinda' makes sense that multiple stomachs process things they eat to make up a better part of the food chain for us.

But again - that's not the real issue. Do we obey Him, or not? And there are not only blessings for obedience, but curses for rebellion. Including, arguably, plandemics and bio-weaponry now.

And fish are a very difficult one. Why is the distinction around scales?
Sea creatures, like clean animals, have a generalized 'RULE' we can apply. It's pretty repeatable...

Birds also. The elephant in the room...
...But birds do NOT. So, arguably there IS no 'general rule.' (Yes, I agree that carnivores and carrion birds are 'generally' not food. At minimum, however, chickens are not prohibited. (Except by Bill Gates, the WEF, and the World Fascist Regime. Reason enough for me to want to have some hens...)

PS> Perhaps off the main topic: Yes, 'mixing' is a bit enigmatic. The closest I can come up with is hybridization (I tried planting multiple kinds of squash in the greenhouse years ago. Got a Pablum as a result...) Don't know as much about grapes, but the same makes sense for a vineyard, I suspect.

Last edited:
And the Diet Coke is probably even worse than the regular 😊
'Diet' Coke (aspartame, 'Ass-Part-o-me') is pretty much poison. And relatively low temperatures, like in your body, the compound breaks down into methyl alcohol and formaldehyde. I first saw the data YEARS ago, from Aviation Medical Examiner files, where pilots were the first to complain of headaches and related symptoms. * It's not Scripturally prohibited, but neither is arsenic or hemlock. Don't eat those either, I suggest...

-----------------------------
* Ironically, it makes people FAT, too. But that's a less deadly side-effect than symptoms that mimic multiple sclerosis or ALS.

Pigs are in fact unique among prohibited land animals; they are the ONLY type which DOES have a split hoof but does not "chew the cud". (The sages make an interesting observation: that make pork particularly DECEPTIVE - you have to watch 'em to see they're not food.) They are also the ONLY type about which it is Written, "don't even touch their dead carcass."

The other clean animals ('food' - as opposed to NOT food) share in common that they 'chew the cud,' and thus have a rumen, multiple stomachs, and so on. It at least 'kinda' makes sense that multiple stomachs process things they eat to make up a better part of the food chain for us.

But again - that's not the real issue. Do we obey Him, or not? And there are not only blessings for obedience, but curses for rebellion. Including, arguably, plandemics and bio-weaponry now.

Sea creatures, like clean animals, have a generalized 'RULE' we can apply. It's pretty repeatable.

But birds do NOT. So, arguably there IS no 'general rule.' (Yes, I agree that carnivores and carrion birds are 'generally' not food. At minimum, however, chickens are not prohibited. (Except by Bill Gates, the WEF, and the World Fascist Regime. Reason enough for me to want to have some hens...)

PS> Perhaps off the main topic: Yes, 'mixing' is a bit enigmatic. The closest I can come up with is hybridization (I tried planting multiple kinds of squash in the greenhouse years ago. Got a Pablum as a result...) Don't know as much about grapes, but the same makes sense for a vineyard, I suspect.
It would seem then that hybrid anything (cross pollination) is essentially not a good idea?

It would seem then that hybrid anything (cross pollination) is essentially not a good idea?
That, too, is a 'tough one' - and certainly more difficult to avoid than eating pork (except maybe in a CCP stronghold...)

Given what is coming, I tend to buy only heirloom (non-hybrid) seeds for food, however. I do want them to 'breed true' over time.

I am reminded of the statistics regarding infant mortality from many years ago. The delivering OBGYNs or more practically just the regular Drs would be dr to everything including animals. They found out the hard way about cleanliness especially dealing with the dead and the living in roughly the same time frame. Many babies died because of inappropriate hygeine and resultant infections.

That, too, is a 'tough one' - and certainly more difficult to avoid than eating pork (except maybe in a CCP stronghold...)

Given what is coming, I tend to buy only heirloom (non-hybrid) seeds for food, however. I do want them to 'breed true' over time.
BTW, Non GMO and ORGANIC does NOT mean NonHybrid.

I don't think the poor health of Americans is largely due to ignoring the dietary laws given to Israel at Sinai.

I think it is a combination of many factors. Here are a few.
Agreed. Lots of ways to commit suicide...
...especially in the Day of the Zyklon-B Poison Poke.

They aren't necessarily in order
Sedentary lifestyle
including dropping a chemical nuke over Ohio.

...GMO foods [sic]
Only correction I'd have. They're not "food", either.

I would suggest that 'fruits', and other plant-things He gave us to eat, share a characteristic that GMO'd Frankenplants do NOT:

The carry their seed, and propagate 'according to their own kind'.

The aptly-named MonSatan "terminator gene" decidedly does NOT.

Why not eat horses?
They eat pretty much what cows eat.
No bad habits that I’m aware of.

Maybe we don’t absolutely have to have an answer that we can understand.
They don't have the cloven hoof and chew the cud.

They don't have the cloven hoof and chew the cud.
I know, the question is why were they created to be non food? They don’t seem to have health debilitating issues like the obvious (swine, shellfish) ones do.

I see you have already mentioned that. :cool:

Heirlooms are hybrids that have been genetically stabilized.

Back