• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical or not

1. Matt. 5:27-28 is absolutely talking about a married woman. Yeshua could have used multiple Greek words here and chose 'gune' (as in gynecology) specifically meaning 'married.'
Not so. The Greek word refers to "a woman of any age, whether a virgin, or married, or a widow." (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon of the New Testament; pg. 123). It is the context in which Jesus uses the word which indicates He is referring to a married woman/wife. Matt. 5:27 "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:" Adultery is predicated upon the status of the woman involved, not the man, and Jesus is teaching in regard to the law on adultery thus indicating the need to understand the word as "wife" and not just a "woman" in general. Cheers

Not so. The Greek word refers to "a woman of any age, whether a virgin, or married, or a widow." (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon of the New Testament; pg. 123). It is the context in which Jesus uses the word which indicates He is referring to a married woman/wife. Matt. 5:27 "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:" Adultery is predicated upon the status of the woman involved, not the man, and Jesus is teaching in regard to the law on adultery thus indicating the need to understand the word as "wife" and not just a "woman" in general. Cheers
. How do you explain mathew 19:9

Lusting or desiring a lady of pyshical attractiveness is that being egually yoked.

Holding everything up to a maginifying glass to see if it makes you closer to God and a stronger Christain Is the way you should do it. I understand what everyone says. But I am going to say in my opnion that it is wrong. Because saying when you see a lady that she is hot or ladies on here that man is super hot takes your mind from God and puts it on the pyshical therefore stopping your growth

Because saying when you see a lady that she is hot or ladies on here that man is super hot takes your mind from God and puts it on the pyshical therefore stopping your growth
Mate, everything takes your mind from God in some way. I don't think about Him while I'm taking a dump, while I'm chopping up veges for dinner, or while I'm cleaning vomit from a child's bed. Life is life. But let me tell you when I DO think about God. When I'm looking at my husband and thinking he looks insanely hot right now and I'm so very glad that God brought us together.

There's a concept that's pushed by the churches that looking at a man or a woman is a sin, is lust, and the way they try and stop you from doing it is to tell you that it stops you from growing and takes you backwards into sin. Absolute bollocks. Don't get drawn into that. It's needlessly complicated and just downright stupid. I can sniff a flower and think it smells nice and not think about God, and guess what, it doesn't affect my growth. I can look at a guy on TV and think he's a bit attractive, and it doesn't affect my growth. I can look at my husband and want to jump his bones and that doesn't take away my growth either.

Lusting or desiring a lady of pyshical attractiveness is that being egually yoked.

2 Corinthians 6:14 KJV
[14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

You’re taking a negative command and ripping it completely from the context and turning it into a positive command then trying to shoehorn it into a prohibition on natural attraction. This verse in context says nothing about male female relationships and it doesn’t even apply to marriage.

Keep grasping at straws and holding onto that Greco Roman mono only anti masculinity bias if you like but stop claiming it’s scriptural because it’s not.

Proverbs 31:30

Proverbs 31:31 NASB
[31] Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates.

And if you think she is hot you’re sinning??? Again you’re taking a positive statement about something completely unrelated to her physical appearance and forcing it to say something it doesn’t.

Holding everything up to a maginifying glass to see if it makes you closer to God and a stronger Christain Is the way you should do it.

Chapter and verse please? Bro you’re concept here may be a good rule of thumb but it’s certainly not a scripture command.

I understand what everyone says. But I am going to say in my opnion that it is wrong. Because saying when you see a lady that she is hot or ladies on here that man is super hot takes your mind from God and puts it on the pyshical therefore stopping your growth

100% disagree with you here. I can honestly say that I am thankful for the fact that Yah made women attractive. And “hot” is simply another way of describing that. Yah created the physical world and nothing in scripture even remotely hints at the idea you’re promoting here. @FollowingHim2 spelled it out nicely.

Mate, everything takes your mind from God in some way. I don't think about Him while I'm taking a dump, while I'm chopping up veges for dinner, or while I'm cleaning vomit from a child's bed. Life is life. But let me tell you when I DO think about God. When I'm looking at my husband and thinking he looks insanely hot right now and I'm so very glad that God brought us together.

There's a concept that's pushed by the churches that looking at a man or a woman is a sin, is lust, and the way they try and stop you from doing it is to tell you that it stops you from growing and takes you backwards into sin. Absolute bollocks. Don't get drawn into that. It's needlessly complicated and just downright stupid. I can sniff a flower and think it smells nice and not think about God, and guess what, it doesn't affect my growth. I can look at a guy on TV and think he's a bit attractive, and it doesn't affect my growth. I can look at my husband and want to jump his bones and that doesn't take away my growth either.

How do you explain mathew 19:9
Jesus is addressing the issue of divorce raised by the Pharisees in v:3. A man can only divorce the woman he has as a wife so the bible translators have correctly translated the Greek word as "wife" or "wives" in these verses. In the context, in v:9, Jesus is dealing with the outcome of illegitimate divorce ("except for sexual immorality") and it results in adultery for those; both the man and woman, marrying such women.
I'm not sure I understand your question but I hope that helps. This passage has been discussed extensively in another thread which someone might be able to direct you to and I'm sure will give you more insights. Shalom

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations— 21 “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” 22 (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? 23 These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.

Colossians 2:20-23 | ESV

The asceticism of “bouncing your eyes” off of a beautiful woman sounds so pious. It sounds spiritual to not look at women, but really it’s superstitious. If you take, the way the modern church teaches these things, to it’s logical conclusion, you really should join a monastery. If simply looking at a woman and finding her attractive is A. “Objectifying her” and B. Committing adultery, you should not be living anywhere within 30 miles of a woman... or just gouge out your eyes (please don’t do that). I wish the church would be honest about what it teaches and just start making women wear burkas, that would be more intellectually consistent.

The beauty of woman is such a blessing, it truly is a gift from God. Like the flowers of the field, He made each and every woman with her own unique beauty (inner and outer beauty). There is nothing wrong with looking at the beauty of the flowers of the field and giving God glory for it and it is the same with women. There is nothing wrong with picking a few for yourself... just don’t mess with someone else’s bouquet ;)

If you start a conversation with a lady because of her outward appearance only in my opnion we as men have failed

I agree and I disagree.

I walk up to a group of ladies, I'm assuming they're all single some are very pretty, beautiful, smoking hot, however you want to word it does not matter.

Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder, like I mentioned I see a group of beautiful ladies and some not so beautiful for me I'm going to pick what looks good to me and I'm going to start a conversation with her and I am going to learn what her inner beauty is and yes sometimes you can see the inner beauty shine forth and sometimes it is a treasure hidden and you have to look for it.

Remember Rebecca was very fair to look upon she was beautiful, Sarah was also but then again to some they could be butt ugly.

We definitely need to make sure we look for that inner beauty.

For the record I believe some ladies look for the inner beauty of a man but they also want a very handsome man or smoking hot, remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm I'm going to ward it a little different here and see if this makes sense also there's numerous scenarios to this topic.

I walk up to a group of ladies and obviously in this particular forum men are looking for first second third fourth wife, each man is going to focus on what he is looking for in a woman is she meek and quiet, is she loud and stubborn or loud and wanting all the attention, is she outgoing loves to have fun, or is she a homebody someone who likes to just stay home and she's content with that, lots and lots of scenarios.

I am looking at this from a different lense from everyone else. I am waiting until marraige and have and continue to minister God to this lost and dieing world-a mininster at heart. I have seen and talked to so many ladies/men that have been hurt by the other gender. In so many of those conversations they say that conversation started based upon looks. Many where waiting until marraige like me. But they did not solidly found there relationship or conversation in God. I can not based upon my life experiences in my past, the stories in the bible such david- looking a lady and thinking she is hot-in this case a married women resulted in a bad turn out for him. Solmonon the wises man ever had many wives. He fell away because he did not marry Godly ladies- what do you think caused him to do that. Samsung had his strength taken because of a beauty of a lady. I apprecaite everyones opnion but based on everything and discernment of the Holy Spirit. Going back to the original post that started this thread- is it biblical to say a lady is super hot I am staying with in my opnion saying no and going to the point of saying it opens to many avenues of problems. If a relationship is not grounded in God. It leaves to much room for bad to happen in my opnion.

I am staying with in my opnion saying no and going to the point of saying it opens to many avenues of problems.
You are correct: this is your opinion. It is not the consistent testimony of Scripture as clearly pointed out by many good brothers and sisters on here.

You may state it as opinion, but understand, you cannot teach that as 'righteous' unless you explain that it is 'self.'.

I don’t have time to fully climb back into this conversation, but some of you guys are in the ditch looking for the Christian equivalent of a Unicorn.
I’d be happy to talk personally with any of you, but right now I have a SYT on her way to pick me up.

Back