• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2017 Summer Family Retreat and Conference, June 30th-July 3rd, Tennessee Mountains

Hi Cubanito, do you know if your family will make retreat this year? It would be good to see you again.

Yes, we are hoping to.. This time will hopefully bring my older brother along. Looking forward to visiting again.

Well, it looks like i won't be able to make it out this year either.
Need an "unlike" button, here.... Boo! Really looking forward to meeting you in the flesh at some point. Hopefully someday....

Sweet!!

For those who are a long way away (@IshChayil etc), I've been twice from New Zealand, alone, leaving the family behind, and it was very well worth it. Obviously would have been even better if I could have taken Sarah, but given the complexity of that traveling alone is certainly an option also, you wouldn't be the first. Just something to consider.

For those who are a long way away (@IshChayil etc), I've been twice from New Zealand, alone, leaving the family behind, and it was very well worth it. Obviously would have been even better if I could have taken Sarah, but given the complexity of that traveling alone is certainly an option also, you wouldn't be the first. Just something to consider.
OK now you are tempting me. While I'd love to meet you guys face to face my real desire is for my wives to have fellowship and see and learn from others doing this or wanting to do this too. To be surrounded by people who don't think we are freaks.
For me that'd be a huge benefit to see them talking to other ladies who also espouse "the principle" just kidding. Had to work that in there from Big Love.

@FollowingHim suggested that maybe I should go without my wives (visa issue complexities for them).

So how weird will it be if just a husband goes?
How many other "husbands only" will be there without their wives?
How many families living in polygamy are usually in attendance?
Or rather what was the record number of families living in polygamy who attended?
I'm considering for the fellowship factor but also for the "gleaming wisdom" value.

There were single men at both retreats I went to. Admittedly I was one of them the first time. They can't get tourist visas? There were at least three practicing families at both of those retreats and maybe twice that number.

Basically there is no way you will feel unwelcome. I promise. Nathan and his family seem to be very good at hospitality and welcoming.

I asked the same question when I first wanted to go. I was basically told that everyone would point at me and giggle. Wait.. nope, that was High School.

I was told to come anyway and it'd be fine. Still haven't made it, but it's not because of the pointing and giggling. I've learned to accept that part.

There were single men at both retreats I went to. Admittedly I was one of them the first time. They can't get tourist visas? There were at least three practicing families at both of those retreats and maybe twice that number.

Basically there is no way you will feel unwelcome. I promise. Nathan and his family seem to be very good at hospitality and welcoming.
No way, USA visa is a major pain. One of my wives is a doctor who has been a missionary to tons of countries and she was rejected years ago for a US visa to attend a medical conference she was invited to attend. It's super hard to get a tourist visa to the states.

Thanks for the info about practicing families Zec.

Like Samuel said, he has gone to two retreats on his own. I can tell you that it was well worth him going. He never felt out of place, there were other solo men there too. He came back each time with so much information and so many stories that he struggled to tell me all of it. He learned so much on these retreats and I wish I could have gone too. The wisdom came not just from the structured speaking times, but from spending time in discussion with people in plural marriages. And not just about PM, but about anything and everything!

@IshChayil , it would be great to have you come, single or with wives! As the others have said, I think you would find it beneficial either way.

Wish we could have attended. The retreats are an awesome event and encourage anyone who can attend to attend. Hope to make the next one.

@Curtis - Sons of God, It would be great to see you all again. Please let me know if I can help in anyway.

We are very intensely looking forward to it!!!
:)

Back