• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bad Marriage Sayings

And did I mention I'm a better cook than my wife and regularly cook dinner?

Your
Mileage
May
Vary

Got it. Not insinuating that in doing these activities it gets me more sex, therefore it's a prescription for others. I'm just saying that patriarchy comes in different flavors. In my marriage, whether I mop the floor and scrub the bathroom tub, it wouldn't yield more or less intimacy than killing a moose with a pocket knife or building a condo out of toothpicks.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

That reminds me of an old Amish story.

A young Amish couple just got married on their way to their honeymoon and the horse acts up, the man says to the horse that's a 1, they go a little further the horse acts up again, the man says that's a 2, they're almost to their destination but the horse acts up a third time and the man says that's a 3 it gets off, walks up to the horse and shoots it, the new bride looks at him and says, what'd you do that for? now we don't have a horse. He looks at her and says that's a 1.

I vacuum, mop, sweep, dust and organize the cleaning schedule of my home that the whole house is expected to follow. I don't have a problem getting sex.

Not sure about others.

Don't be simplistic. The point isn't that if you make dinner or sweep the floor occasionally sex will dry up on you. We're talking about the situation where men are told they won't be denied sex if they help out more around the house.

For example...

Guy 1 is attractive and his wife wants sex with him. He makes the cleaning schedule and takes his own turn to set the standard of performance.

Guy 2 is unattractive and his wife doesn't feel like sex with him and denies him. She dangles the possibility of sex if he does the cleaning for her.

#1 is demonstrating leadership, #2 is being led. #2 didn't make her more interested in sex with him but less so because he demonstrated he could be easily manipulated.

In Paul's first pastoral epistle to Timothy (much of these epistles relate to leadership) he encourages the continuous development of the spiritual disciplines, noting that physical disciplines only profit for a while.

Whether you're a monogamist, aspiring polygynist, or a polygynist, and you're more concerned about anything other than your spiritual discipline first, you will find life to be difficult. The right kind of woman will admire you for this. If she doesn't, maybe she's not a good fit.

In Paul's first pastoral epistle to Timothy (much of these epistles relate to leadership) he encourages the continuous development of the spiritual disciplines, noting that physical disciplines only profit for a while.

Whether you're a monogamist, aspiring polygynist, or a polygynist, and you're more concerned about anything other than your spiritual discipline first, you will find life to be difficult. The right kind of woman will admire you for this. If she doesn't, maybe she's not a good fit.

What's that have to do with my comment?

What's that have to do with my comment?

Or to dial it in a little more....putting a frilly apron around your fat ass and doing the dishes won't make her feel more amorous. But leaving them all to her while you go to pump iron will. When she's gone soft feeling up your guns it won't matter to her that you spent 6 fewer hours a week 'emotionally bonding' and 'warming' her up.

Or to dial it in a little more....putting a frilly apron around your fat ass and doing the dishes won't make her feel more amorous. But leaving them all to her while you go to pump iron will. When she's gone soft feeling up your guns it won't matter to her that you spent 6 fewer hours a week 'emotionally bonding' and 'warming' her up.

It's a both and thing man. Paul is saying spiritual development profits in this life AND the next but physical only in this one. Don't neglect the spiritual for the physical. But that doesn't mean physical doesn't profit you or that it should be ignored, quite the opposite actually.

Women get hot for muscles, that is how God created them to operate. Just because someone puts effort into being in shape, doesn't mean they're neglecting the spiritual disciplines. Even more: taking care of this temple of the Holy Spirit by actively avoiding gluttony and sloth IS a spiritual discipline. An unattractive man won't be made sexually attractive by studying his bible more.

Well, I scrubbed the ceiling in the kitchen today, that Sarah cannot reach. And I'm about to take her to bed. She looks happy. Whatever.
You might not have needed a frilly apron for that, but maybe a bonnet?

I’m just going to say, when my hubby does tasks that I’m behind in or joins me in the kitchen to help with my housework or cooking- the man’s going to be thanked:p looks are okay, but my man’s actions are what gets me. He rarely has time to help around the house and doesn’t really need to because we have kids that share in the responsibility pretty well, but when he does- he’s that much more attractive to me.
I love working with him outside and on job sites, for some reason it just makes me feel closer and more bonded when we work together. Him being buff or fluffy has NO bearing on the attraction I feel for him. It’s the bonding.
Which, for me makes more sense that the man was told not to look to lust, because that’s what usually gets them, the looks of a woman. I think women are feelers.

Which, for me makes more sense that the man was told not to look to lust, because that’s what usually gets them, the looks of a woman. I think women are feelers.
That one verse, which is the ONLY verse in all of Scripture that talks about looking at a woman, is really only talking about looking at married or betrothed, or divorced women.

I do what needs to be done, but with both of my boys looking for opportunities to earn a couple of bucks here and there, means a lot less housework for me, and also less for my "sweet tea".

That one verse, which is the ONLY verse in all of Scripture that talks about looking at a woman, is really only talking about looking at married or betrothed, or divorced

It was a simple observation not to be meant as a twist of scripture. The observation being- some men go for looks for attraction whereas some women go for feelings for attraction.

I love working with him outside and on job sites, for some reason it just makes me feel closer and more bonded when we work together. Him being buff or fluffy has NO bearing on the attraction I feel for him. It’s the bonding.
That's exactly what I told Samuel last night! Working together to get a task done, with him doing parts that I couldn't, was a wonderful bonding experience.

That one verse, which is the ONLY verse in all of Scripture that talks about looking at a woman, is really only talking about looking at married or betrothed, or divorced women.
Exodus 20:17 is another. The issue of the maid servant specifically identified here in addition to the neighbor’s wife also opens the issue of a young woman born as a servant into his house as well as one bonded in. It becomes important because theres another passage that identifies a woman betrothed but unconsummated as a rhea ishshah (neighbors wife) also. Which means that theres a subtle overlap in terms that we have to be careful not to cross.

Really the only safe category to “look” “lust” after is the Patriarch’s daughter. This raises the question though of “Is she betrothed?” I can just imagine the conversation that would initiate.

Looker : Is your daughter betrothed?
Father : Why do you wanna know?
Looker : Well, I was kinda wanting to make sure it was ok to eyeball her for a while . . . . .

Just sayin.

Back