• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bad Marriage Sayings

Starting from scratch can be very hard.
Yup! That's what I understand, and that is part of what has held me back...fear of the unknown....yup fear. I can preach about it to others, but sometimes, I suppose I should listen to my own sermons.

And yet we’re not to forsake the gathering together unto ourselves. The assembly is important.
We have tried bible study with others. We seem to be viewed as "projects" by other "in the box" Christians who lost interest when we didn't see things their way.

He drew a circle that put me out,
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.

But love and I had the wit to win,
We drew a circle that took him in!

A prophet (or man) is without honor in his own country (town)

We have young men of character, but they are not good enough for said someone's daughter because they don't contract with the state for permission to "drive" because they do NOT drive by the legal definition.

Gotta sometimes shake dust even with people we still consider "friends" and "brothers " truth divides, and what one accepts as truth is just as divisive.

And yet we’re not to forsake the gathering together unto ourselves. The assembly is important.
I view gathering together much like streaming content vs. the three networks. I take in and engage when it's pertinent and edifying. Some of the other things, I avoid and don't stream. I'm pretty disciplined at keeping quiet when I disagree, but usually find a way to interject or add a thought in someone's mind when necessary. I tend to be anti-social but I do enjoy interacting with folks who at least agree with me more than 75% of the time at least once a week. I interact with the pagans the rest of the time.

It's kind of funny, but the way most of you view organized churches is now how I feel about party politics. Church folks will twist any scripture to fit a preconceived narrative or to curry favor with leadership. Likewise, members of any particular political party will twist anything around to justify their deification of their party leaders, including giving excuses for their banal behavior and twisting scripture to justify keeping those people in office.

I view gathering together much like streaming content vs. the three networks. I take in and engage when it's pertinent and edifying. Some of the other things, I avoid and don't stream. I'm pretty disciplined at keeping quiet when I disagree, but usually find a way to interject or add a thought in someone's mind when necessary. I tend to be anti-social but I do enjoy interacting with folks who at least agree with me more than 75% of the time at least once a week. I interact with the pagans the rest of the time.

It's kind of funny, but the way most of you view organized churches is now how I feel about party politics. Church folks will twist any scripture to fit a preconceived narrative or to curry favor with leadership. Likewise, members of any particular political party will twist anything around to justify their deification of their party leaders, including giving excuses for their banal behavior and twisting scripture to justify keeping those people in office.
I heard a preacher this weekend say that salt doesn't do any good when it is in the shaker. He intended that "shaker" to apply to the four walls of the church, but we could also apply that to our homes. Right now, it is the church that needs to be salted.

You spelled burned to the ground wrong.
Well that's true for some of them...I think right now, my focus is on pointing the arrow of truth in their direction, especially since they are directly responsible for breaking up some of these plural families, so I can see why you would believe that they need to be burnt. I'll just sit back and let God do any burning that needs to be done, and most assuredly, those left-leaning, "affirming" churches will be the first to burn.

Well that's true for some of them...I think right now, my focus is on pointing the arrow of truth in their direction, especially since they are directly responsible for breaking up some of these plural families, so I can see why you would believe that they need to be burnt. I'll just sit back and let God do any burning that needs to be done, and most assuredly, those left-leaning, "affirming" churches will be the first to burn.
I hear you, that was mostly in fun.

In all sincerity though, only Yah can decide whether the 50lC3 corps are overly compromised. Many believe this, but I am not here to argue it. Be led by Yah.

We are called to fellowship with other Christians. American 'church' is but fraudulent fellowship; but it is where the Christians are.

We have tried bible study with others. We seem to be viewed as "projects" by other "in the box" Christians who lost interest when we didn't see things their way.

I know the feeling. It is so stupid and petty. But church is treated as a social club. Step outside the bounds of normal, whatever that is, and you will quickly find yourself unwelcome.

Anyway, anyone got any more bad marriage sayings?

I'm seeing increasing indication in several places of the pernicious influence of the 'daughter of the king' idea. Not strictly a bad marriage saying but it affects it. The idea that the woman is a special princess, daughter of the most high king God and should be treated like it. Technically true she is a daughter of God (or hopefully true), but it gives cover for the idea she should be coddled, respected, reverenced, worshiped. An independent, strong, inspiring, impactful 'woman of God'.

This of course is at odds with a Biblical mindset, in which she should see herself as a lowly servant of Christ who has submitted her entire will to God, to His direction for her life and lives in subjection to God given authorities (father/husband/God) in her life.

I hear you, that was mostly in fun.

In all sincerity though, only Yah can decide whether the 50lC3 corps are overly compromised. Many believe this, but I am not here to argue it. Be led by Yah.
I should have included the Catholic Church in that list of churches that need to be burnt to the ground. I would love nothing more than to see our movement completely destroy the Catholic church, and I wouldn't be surprised if the RCC might one day perceive it as a genuine threat, since they are the ones directly responsible for propagating "monogamy only" heresy.

Parallel to daughter of the King is the idea that Yah is husband to the single woman.
While it does give Yah the position of father to the fatherless, it is only judge, or advocate, for the widow.

@rockfox, if you are finding Christians in the churches, you’ve got some really blessed churches in your area.
I haven’t found any churches that actually embrace many of the teachings of Christ. They prefer pew-warming, tithing sheep that are into Love. They run off anyone that is real.

@rockfox, if you are finding Christians in the churches, you’ve got some really blessed churches in your area.
I haven’t found any churches that actually embrace many of the teachings of Christ. They prefer pew-warming, tithing sheep that are into Love. They run off anyone that is real.
You are Torah Observant? How much difference is that, would you say, from SDA?

EDIT: Never mind: Found it: https://www.therefinersfire.org/seventh_day_adventists.htm

Last edited:

True, but you will still find a remnant among them. And some are stunted children yearning to grow not knowing what's really holding them back.

True. But while I have little hope of finding many true servants of God, I know not where to look otherwise. And you will still find a remnant among them. And some are stunted children yearning to grow not knowing what's really holding them back.

True. But while I have little hope of finding many true servants of God, I know not where to look otherwise. And you will still find a remnant among them. And some are stunted children yearning to grow not knowing what's really holding them back.
The pattern that the disciples used was to teach the truth to those who would hear and start a new fellowship when they got kicked out.
I realize that having children involved is an extremely complicating factor.

Back