• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Burden Unable to Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is indeed a HUGE misunderstanding about what the new covenant actually is. Its not what you claimed IF we're sticking to what Scripture says it is...

prophecy says:
Jeremiah 31: 31-33
"31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Ezekiel 36: 24-28
"24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God."

Hebrews chapter 8 rehearses the prophecy of Jeremiah and also states that Yah found fault with THEM (His people) in the original covenant, because there is no fault in His law (covenant) since the Law giver is perfect and faultless. The fault is that we broke the covenant by disobeying. Christ is the mediator of a better agreement (covenant) because Yah puts His Spirit in us which causes us to obey, and He put His laws in our hearts rather than on stone. This time we're more equipped to obey so we can uphold our end of the covenant.

Of course Christ is a better mediator! His blood is on the line and his blood is our redemption and his example is perfect and blameless! What excuse do we now have to walk any other way than the way he showed us? And why are we caught up in the inability of the flesh to obey when he said lean on him and his strength is made perfect in our weakness?? This is where we dig in and endure with TRUE FAITH! Do we have faith to walk in the impossible? All things are possible with YAH!

ALL PRAISE to the MOST HIGH YAH!
Look at this scripture:

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

“Against such things there is no law.”

You’re right - it’s written in our hearts. And the Holy Spirit is our teacher and draws us to all truth and righteousness. The Holy Spirit regenerates our hearts (Titus 3:5), so we can walk according to YHWH’s commandments out of love, and so we can help glorify his Son - Lord Jesus Christ. All things were made through the Son. All things were made for the Son:

Colossians 1:15-16

15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

The Son is the only one that has the “Seven Spirits of YHWH.” Book of Isaiah goes into detail about this. Book of Revelation confirms it is Jesus that has all seven spirits. This is why Lord Jesus and the Father are One. The Holy Spirit is there as the 3rd person, but points to the Son to be glorified and worshipped.

Last edited:
Look at this scripture:

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

“Against such things there is no law.”
I dont believe in a trinity, or separate "persons" in a "Godhead". He is One. Jesus is Him in the flesh. The Holy Spirit is His power and His breath operating as He sees fit.

There is no law against the fruits of the Spirit. You can comb thru the whole of Torah and won't find one. Those fruits are aligned with His law since His law teaches the difference between sin and righteousness. There is nothing sinful about good fruit. The law separates the holy from the profane, and in obedience we exemplify that difference.

So where is the fruit of the Spirit found in disobedience?

Why did the disciples keep the feasts/holy days of Yah after the resurrection?

After Jesus was resurrected, why did he tell the disciples to wait in Jerusalem to receive the Holy Spirit (Luke ch. 24)? And why would they even be in Jerusalem to celebrate Pentecost (a holy day commanded in the law), so that Yah could pour out His Spirit on Pentecost as it was prophesied in Joel? Why would anything after the resurrection be connected to anything in the law?

I dont believe in a trinity, or separate "persons" in a "Godhead". He is One. Jesus is Him in the flesh. The Holy Spirit is His power and His breath operating as He sees fit.

There is no law against the fruits of the Spirit. You can comb thru the whole of Torah and won't find one. Those fruits are aligned with His law since His law teaches the difference between sin and righteousness. There is nothing sinful about good fruit. The law separates the holy from the profane, and in obedience we exemplify that difference.

So where is the fruit of the Spirit found in disobedience?

Why did the disciples keep the feasts/holy days of Yah after the resurrection?

After Jesus was resurrected, why did he tell the disciples to wait in Jerusalem to receive the Holy Spirit (Luke ch. 24)? And why would they even be in Jerusalem to celebrate Pentecost (a holy day commanded in the law), so that Yah could pour out His Spirit on Pentecost as it was prophesied in Joel? Why would anything after the resurrection be connected to anything in the law?
The law is summed up by Jesus as following:

Love the LORD God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength; and love your neighbor like yourself. This sums up the law of the prophets.

The new gentile believers were not instructed to keep the feasts and holy days. Per scripture, Lord Jesus already came in his 2nd coming when Jerusalem fell. He also finished his 1000 year reign where Satan was locked up. We are living in Satan’s little season right now, and the most important thing is to have faith/reliance on Lord Jesus and be blessed to receive the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There’s many scriptures from Jesus and the apostles that his return would occur during “their” generation. Jesus even said in the book of revelation his return is very near, and even those that pierced him would see his coming the clouds of heaven. The emperor Nero, whose name matches 666, persecuted Christians for 3.5 years. From 64 AD to 68 AD. Which brought the fall of Jerusalem. Jesus said some disciples standing with him would not taste death until they see his return. Jesus told the high priest he would see him coming in the clouds of heaven with power and authority.

Our history has been mostly fabricated by the serpent. Dark ages were the golden ages. Type in 1915 San Francisco world fair to see what kind of architecture the old world was able to produce - a world with peace on the earth with Satan locked up. Or type in 1904 St. Louis world fair. Or 1893 Chicago world fair. Pairs world fair 1889. These buildings were found worldwide - and most of them were destroyed over a 150+ year period. The blame was on “fires,” “earthquakes,” wars, and world fairs. But I don’t see how our humanity could had built them. With horses and wagons.

Armageddon is over. The 1st resurrection is over. The golden age (1000 year reign) is over. We are living in Satan’s season before the Great White Throne of Judgement and New Heavens and New Earth.

Last edited:
The new gentile believers were not instructed to keep the feasts and holy days.
They didn't HAVE to be. Any more than an adult has to be told not to wet his pants.

The Instruction was to keep His Feasts ("HIS!" - not 'jewish,' or pagan, just His) and to do so "forever," and "throughout your generations," and "in ALL your dwelling places." (Yup, even after being exiled for rebellion.)

And the Real Yahushua said He didn't change "one yod or tiddle" of that. He 'changes not,' and is the same "yesterday, today, and tomorrow."

Why do call Him "Lord, lord," and NOT DO the THINGS He SAYS!??? (Luke 6:46)

They didn't HAVE to be. Any more than an adult has to be told not to wet his pants.

The Instruction was to keep His Feasts ("HIS!" - not 'jewish,' or pagan, just His) and to do so "forever," and "throughout your generations," and "in ALL your dwelling places." (Yup, even after being exiled for rebellion.)

And the Real Yahushua said He didn't change "one yod or tiddle" of that. He 'changes not,' and is the same "yesterday, today, and tomorrow."

The law is holy and good. The law is still there - not removed. But when did Lord Jesus say to keep his holy feasts for the gentile? Or when did the apostles instruct the new gentile believers to do the same? Here is what the council of Jewish believers came to the conclusion for under the instruction of the Holy Spirit:

Acts 15:7-21

7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

12The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14Simon a has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16“ ‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’ b
18things known from long ago. c
19“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Luke 11:46

Yes,” said Jesus, “what sorrow also awaits you experts in religious law! For you crush people with unbearable religious demands, and you never lift a finger to ease the burden.

Matthew 11:28

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation].

There were men who came down from Judea and were teaching Christians they must be circumcised according to the custom/law of Moses. This is what the problem was.

This is the question at hand. Do all believers need to be circumcised and observe the Law of Moses? This is in reference to the Law of Moses, not the oral tradition of the Pharisees. It included the matter of circumcision. These men even included "direct them to observe the Law of Moses". I hear this oft repeated that those who Love God must observe the Law of Moses and that includes circumcision. When I ask, I've gotten snide remarks about how I hate the law, or how I must love some skin on the tip of my cock more than God.

The yoke that their fathers nor they have been able to bear is the Law of Moses. This is attested to elsewhere in the NT as well. You are all familiar with the passages.

Here's the letter that the men ordained by God in the flesh sent to the gentiles instructing them on the matter of observing the Law of Moses and circumcision.

Men were laying a burden to observe all of the Torah and to command believers to be circumcised. The Ruach saw fit to lay no greater burden than this next passage.

I don't see any following portion where Gentiles are commanded to go on to receive the instruction from men that were unsettling people and preaching something different than the Apostles.

I keep hearing that the burden that was too heavy to bear was the traditions. But I've only heard that spoken of men. Where is that in scripture? Because here we see that the scriptures are saying the burden to heavy was the Law of Moses.

I've been trying to learn because my heart is to obey God. But there are so many inconsistencies with "Hebrew roots or Torah keeping" that I'm increasingly unsettled by the teachings that seem to contradict the vast majority of the NT. I'm finding very little to no logic. So I'm here asking for answers to some questions. Hopefully some of you are able to provide answers.
A couple things to consider, when Messiah told people to go and Sin no more. What is he referring to as sin? How would they have interpreted this? What was available to them for reference? The NT hadn't been written yet, the printing press wasn't even a thought. Word traveled at the speed of mouth and foot. The only thing they had was the reading of Torah during the Sabbath assembly, if anything had changed would he not have addressed this, but instead the disciples continue to tell the converts to go hear the word after his ressurection. Even Paul says come next Sabbath.

With this in mind, the list given to the gentiles who were new converts at the time. Are instructed not to take part in those specific things because partipaction in them would see them cut off from the assembly, thereby cut off from hearing the word. This is how I understand it.

Consider the disciples during their time spent with the Messiah. The Messiah kept all the Torah during his time here perfectly or he wouldn't be Messiah. In contrast one would think he would also correct and be sure those with him were doing the same. Preparing them for when he leaves.

Now consider Peter's Vision Acts 10:9-16 and his response to the voice. "I have never eaten anything that is uncommon or unclean." This is direct relation to the dietary laws. Peter admits to keeping this precept up until this vision, post ressurection. He was doing the word, and we are given the true meaning of the dream in this chapter and the next, which was not in regards to food but men. Nowhere are we told he changed his dietary habits from this vision.

We see this affirmed also with Paul when he takes a Nazarite vow, he stills abides by the Torah, and is not teaching against it.

So my question is if observation is no longer desired when did that start? Was it during his ministry? crucifixion? Death? Resurrection? Splitting of the veil? Destruction of the temple? The writing of the NT? Everyone refers to Paul but where did Messiah say it? One is not Saved by keeping the law, but when are we told to no longer observe it?

A couple things to consider, when Messiah told people to go and Sin no more. What is he referring to as sin? How would they have interpreted this? What was available to them for reference? The NT hadn't been written yet, the printing press wasn't even a thought. Word traveled at the speed of mouth and foot. The only thing they had was the reading of Torah during the Sabbath assembly, if anything had changed would he not have addressed this, but instead the disciples continue to tell the converts to go hear the word after his ressurection. Even Paul says come next Sabbath.

With this in mind, the list given to the gentiles who were new converts at the time. Are instructed not to take part in those specific things because partipaction in them would see them cut off from the assembly, thereby cut off from hearing the word. This is how I understand it.

Consider the disciples during their time spent with the Messiah. The Messiah kept all the Torah during his time here perfectly or he wouldn't be Messiah. In contrast one would think he would also correct and be sure those with him were doing the same. Preparing them for when he leaves.

Now consider Peter's Vision Acts 10:9-16 and his response to the voice. "I have never eaten anything that is uncommon or unclean." This is direct relation to the dietary laws. Peter admits to keeping this precept up until this vision, post ressurection. He was doing the word, and we are given the true meaning of the dream in this chapter and the next, which was not in regards to food but men. Nowhere are we told he changed his dietary habits from this vision.

We see this affirmed also with Paul when he takes a Nazarite vow, he stills abides by the Torah, and is not teaching against it.

So my question is if observation is no longer desired when did that start? Was it during his ministry? crucifixion? Death? Resurrection? Splitting of the veil? Destruction of the temple? The writing of the NT? Everyone refers to Paul but where did Messiah say it? One is not Saved by keeping the law, but when we're we told to no longer observe it?
How does Jesus say we will be judged? By how well we keep the feasts? Or how we love God and love our neighbors:

The Sheep and the Goats​

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdomprepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

So my question is if observation is no longer desired when did that start? Was it during his ministry? crucifixion? Death? Resurrection? Splitting of the veil? Destruction of the temple? The writing of the NT? Everyone refers to Paul but where did Messiah say it? One is not Saved by keeping the law, but when are we told to no longer observe it?
Here’s another parable for those with ears to hear:

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

But when did Lord Jesus say to keep his holy feasts for the gentile? Or when did the apostles instruct the new gentile believers to do the same?
Please read the post you quoted. Those questions were answered. (Paul answered in Acts 17:11, too!)

Here is what the council of Jewish believers came to the conclusion for under the instruction of the Holy Spirit:
They specified a set of "minimum necessary conditions" to get people who were starting to learn His Instruction "cleaned up" enough to go learn the rest. After all, Torah was taught, "in every synagogue, in every city, every Sabbath..." (Acts 15:21, right?)

Guess what they learned there?

So my question is if observation is no longer desired when did that start? Was it during his ministry? crucifixion? Death? Resurrection? Splitting of the veil? Destruction of the temple? The writing of the NT? Everyone refers to Paul but where did Messiah say it? One is not Saved by keeping the law, but when are we told to no longer obs
Si
And how do you love God? John 14

Jesus himself said whatever goes into your mouth is expelled out of the body. It’s what comes from your heart that makes you un-clean. Peter also denied Christ 3 times. He’s not perfect. He’s a sinner just like everyone else, and in need of a Savior.

We love God by believing and having faith in his Son. By coming to repentance of our old way, and accepting God’s way. Before I came to Jesus I thought consensual sex between two un-married couples was not sin. But God’s law showed me it was, and I repented. Those that love Jesus - keep his commandments. And we know from the council in acts we have much more freedom in Christ. Freedom from dietary laws among other things. We are saved by faith and grace through the Son. And we receive the seal of God - the Holy Spirit - as the guarantee we are his. Once we have the Holy Spirit - we are part of Christ’s church he spilled his “own blood” for. So let no one convince you of anything different.

Last edited:
Please read the post you quoted. Those questions were answered. (Paul answered in Acts 17:11, too!)

They specified a set of "minimum necessary conditions" to get people who were starting to learn His Instruction "cleaned up" enough to go learn the rest. After all, Torah was taught, "in every synagogue, in every city, every Sabbath..." (Acts 15:21, right?)

Guess what they learned there?
Acts 17:11 is referring to evidence of Jesus in the Old Testament - which there was much proof of.

Gentiles were being taught the righteousness of God. What is good. What is sin. But they were not getting physically circumcised, were they?

Romans 2:28-29

28For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.

^ Here it clearly says it’s not about obeying the law to the letter. But a regeneration of the heart through the Holy Spirit - for our faith in Christ. YHWH’s Holy law showed the Jews they needed a savior. YHWH giving Israelites their own human kings showed the folly of their ways. No human king will be perfect. That’s why we have Lord Jesus as King. God’s own Son who is perfect to lead us.

If you’re still trying to obtain righteousness by keeping the whole law - then James says this:

James 2:10-13 KJV
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Last edited:
For those who DO understand the importance of 'memorializing' (remembering, honoring) His "appointed times" -
tomorrow, by most reckonings, is the day of First Fruits, Shavuot, the 50th day of counting the Omer, and the final of the three Spring Feasts of YHVH. (some English renderings say 'pentecost'.)

So - Chag S'meach Shavuot!

This is ALSO (what an Amazing Coincidence! ;) ) the same day that He gave all of us who descended from the 'mixed multitude' at Mt. Sinai His Torah, and, in Acts 2, His Ruach HaKodesh ('Holy Spirit').

Almost like He thinks His Moedim still matter, for those with eyes to see.

For those who DO understand the importance of 'memorializing' (remembering, honoring) His "appointed times" -
tomorrow, by most reckonings, is the day of First Fruits, Shavuot, the 50th day of counting the Omer, and the final of the three Spring Feasts of YHVH. (some English renderings say 'pentecost'.)

This is ALSO (what an Amazing Coincidence! ;) ) the same day that He gave all of us who descended from the 'mixed multitude' at Mt. Sinai His Torah, and, in Acts 2, His Ruach HaKodesh ('Holy Spirit').

Colossians 2:16-17

16So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

If you wish to keep the festivals - that’s your right - but don’t tell others they have to keep them for salvation. Christ is the reality. All things were created for him and through him. He is God. If anyone has the Holy Spirit - they are saved per scripture. That’s God’s seal that we are his, and he’s not letting us fall:

John 10:29-30

P29 My Father gave my sheep to me. He is greater than all, and no person can steal my sheep out of my Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

Ephesians 1:13-14

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

For those who DO understand the importance of 'memorializing' (remembering, honoring) His "appointed ttomorrow, by most reckonings, is the day of First Fruits, Shavuot, the 50th day of counting the Omer, and the final of the three Spring Feasts of YHVH. (some English renderings say 'pentecost'.)

Bless you my brother! Thank Yah for opening my eyes and filling my heart with a desire to guard His commandments and appointed times and prepare for the coming of the King!

Edit** have mercy on us all that we may receive the Word of life and worship you in Spirit and in Truth.

Looking forward to Shavuot! APTTMHY!

Last edited:
If you wish to keep the festivals - that’s your right - but don’t tell others they have to keep them for salvation.
How many times must it be said-Nobody is making it about SALVATION!

Except for the accusers, of course.

Bless you my brother! Thank Yah for opening my eyes and filling my heart with a desire to guard His commandments and appointed times and prepare for the coming of the King!
Per Scripture the King already returned around the time Jerusalem fell:

Revelation 1:7
“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 16:28

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 26:64 (Jesus was replying to the High Priest)

“You have said it,” Jesus told him. “But I tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

James 5:8

"You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near."

There's plenty of more scripture that points to Jesus' 2nd coming already occurring around 70 AD. The Earth is Flat and Stationary. The Golden Age is past (1000 year reign), and we're now living in Satan's little Season right before the final "Great White Throne of Judgement" and "New Heavens and New Earth." The devil has deceived the whole world -- just as scripture writes.

How many times must it be said-Nobody is making it about SALVATION!

Except for the accusers, of course.
Below is the quote from Mark:

-- The Bible has to be taken into context.

Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

-- If you're doing the festivals out of love for God. That's great. But don't exalt yourself over someone else or condemn someone for not doing them:

Colossians 2:16-17

16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

Always remain humble in the LORD.

He is proving that the instruction never ended.
He never said anything about salvation.

But rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, be extremely cautious that you don’t slip into that ditch in inadvertently rebelling against Him when you disavow His instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back