• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Defluffing

rustysdove11

Real Person
Female
so, I’m not going to sugar coat this, I’ve let myself turn into a marshmallow. I don’t particularly want to die young so I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a weight loss squad (I like the word squad better then group, it sounds more weight lossy). I’m not sure how we’d want go about it, but I guess I’m just trying to see if anyone would be interested?

so, I’m not going to sugar coat this, I’ve let myself turn into a marshmallow. I don’t particularly want to die young so I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a weight loss squad (I like the word squad better then group, it sounds more weight lossy). I’m not sure how we’d want go about it, but I guess I’m just trying to see if anyone would be interested?
Hey. I don't get on here often, but the "defluffing", caught my eye. I am an online fitness coach helping men and women achieve their weight or health goals. Everything is done at home, no gym membership needed. I would be happy to encourage you and help you with your goals. If you are on FB or Instagram, look me up at: No hands fitness. Like and follow. Private message me here, FB or Instagram.

Blessings

I'm already losing weight, and happy to be part of a group thing where we encourage and support each other. I am unable to exercise really at the moment because I have a problem with my pelvis. But I am eating heaps better and that's making a difference. I'm using the Healthy Mummy programme right now which is working wonders. I love it because it gives me a menu plan with healthy options and I can swap them as I like, it's structure but flexible, which is exactly what I need for my lifestyle.

Patricia I have been on this journey for a while now due to health issues I have gained a lot of weight! I had a nutrition and fitness coach as well as went to the guy... Dang nab I can't loose I feel like everytime I decide to put forth the effort to loose weight I end up gaining even when I am doing all the right things. Does anyone else have this problem?
Well anyway I will pop in to encourage and hopefully be encouraged but if I commit I am afraid I will gain more ugh!

Were you gaining muscle which weighs more than fat? Sometimes you have to go off inches lost rather than the scales.
What sort of things were you eating? Were you intolerant to some foods or did they just not work well for your body?
I've found that I need to eat much less than I was, even if it's healthy food.

I'm already losing weight, and happy to be part of a group thing where we encourage and support each other. I am unable to exercise really at the moment because I have a problem with my pelvis. But I am eating heaps better and that's making a difference. I'm using the Healthy Mummy programme right now which is working wonders. I love it because it gives me a menu plan with healthy options and I can swap them as I like, it's structure but flexible, which is exactly what I need for my lifestyle.
Congratulations on the weight loss. Go on Pinterest to find exercises for sitting. You need to do some sort of muscle toning to keep them from going atrophy.

Patricia I have been on this journey for a while now due to health issues I have gained a lot of weight! I had a nutrition and fitness coach as well as went to the guy... Dang nab I can't loose I feel like everytime I decide to put forth the effort to loose weight I end up gaining even when I am doing all the right things. Does anyone else have this problem?
Well anyway I will pop in to encourage and hopefully be encouraged but if I commit I am afraid I will gain more ugh!
Private message me, if I could be if help.

I am always up for encouragement! I want to lose a little weight too. About 5 years ago I lost 70 pounds and I've gained about 15 back so far. I would like to be down a bit more than the 15. Maybe lose about 35 in total. I'm having a hard time making time for exercise right now. Homeschooling two kids, and we took in a person who needed a place to stay and they are very needy so my days are pretty full. Right now I'm just trying to eat healthier and not eat more than I need. Thank you for starting this group rustysdove. :)

Were you being weighted when you were sore? When your muscles are sore your body retains more water to act as a lubricant on the sore muscles. I've heard a several trainers from the workout I used to do say they always tell people not to weight themselves when they're sore. Sorry you had trouble losing, that is frustrating!

Were you being weighted when you were sore? When your muscles are sore your body retains more water to act as a lubricant on the sore muscles. I've heard a several trainers from the workout I used to do say they always tell people not to weight themselves when they're sore. Sorry you had trouble losing, that is frustrating!
Hey that is good to know. I have neuropathy so I deal with chronic pain lol maybe that is why I gained weight LOL!

MyFitnessPal app is really good. My trainer had me focusing on macro nutrients. My biggest issue is I don't eat enough calories a day.

I'm certainly up for a support group and encouragement. :)
My baby just turned one, and I'm still maybe 30 lb over wearing my old clothes.
I wore them after #6...so I'm sure it's possible, but motivation, stress, and time have not cooperated. Actually working out or even walking might help with stress, if I can get over the stuff I let get in the way, but hubby has some legal stuff moving forward again so not sure how it will all go.
What has worked for me fairly well in the past was getting in my exercise before breakfast, and then waiting an hour more before eating. After starting the day that well, the likelihood of sabotaging my efforts was decreased. I also gave myself one day a week to eat anything, and tried to eat fewer simple carbs like bread and potatoes and sweets during the rest of the week. I have read Eat-Stop-Eat and really loved how simple that was....but don't want to fast, even intermitantly, while nursing. When reading Eat-Stop-Eat i experienced a light went on moment, and it helped me see the extra weight as "batteries" that need to be tapped into and used, rather then just carried around or even "charged" by being too constantly fed. :D The blessings of abundance!

I like the saying "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" now to post in on the fridge and pantry! :p

Back