• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Defluffing

http://teamworkshealth.ca/matcha-in-weight-and-abdominal-fat-loss/

So this is a great article about matcha, I had no idea it was that effective! A couple of things though, DO NOT buy matcha from China, it has lead in it, you want to buy it from Japan. You also DO NOT want to take matcha while pregnant, It has adverse affects on the baby. It is however safe for nursing moms in moderation. Also, I know it seems expensive but it lasts months. I got mine clearanced for $10 about 3 months ago and I still have half the bag left (I drink it almost daily). Matcha has a lot more health benefits then just weight loss though, you should check it out!

I'm in! I'm down 70lbs since July but have more to go. It's really at the point of being tedious to get the rest off! I will say though, I fit in my daughters size small Victoria's Secret t shirt the other day and while I wouldn't wear it out in public just yet, it fits She's not amused. I am now stuck in a walking boot for the next seven weeks, possibly more so I need some food accountability buddies because most of my weight recently has come off through a lot of intense exercise. I keep making this joke that I am going to have one stronger leg and one tighter side of my butt by the time this is off.

Attachments

• IMG_6100.JPG
    IMG_6100.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
So I had an idea. A few years ago I was part of a walking group and one of the fun things we did was snap a picture of something cool we saw on our walk and share it in the group. Could be a beautiful skyline, a piece of city art, or just some pretty flowers. Just thought I would throw it out there as an idea for keeping the motivation going and having something fun to do. I personally won't be able to do it for awhile, we just got snow this week and more on the way lol but maybe some of you live in warmer areas. :)

I just wanted to stop in and let you know I have lost a total of 9 lbs. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and will see if I have lost anymore. I am praying I have not so sure I have. How is everyone else doing?
Well done! That's awesome!

Weighed myself this morning, I've lost 10kg! That's 22ish pounds I think? I'm half way to my goal weight, and exactly where I wanted to be before coming to America!

I would join in lol but I'm in state of gaining weight for about another 5 months.. lol With a rapid weight loss at the end. Before that I had been working on weightloss and fitness and was about 30 lbs down. Still working on the fitness aspect. Good luck to all of you!

I totally agree @FollowingHim2 the rapid weight loss is the best. With number 6 I weighed myself while in labor, and then after. I lost 19 lbs in less then 3 hours! :) of course it helped that the boy was over 10 lb himself. Lol

Congratulations @Foxlily!! Good for you too to keep getting exercise.

Well done! That's awesome!

Weighed myself this morning, I've lost 10kg! That's 22ish pounds I think? I'm half way to my goal weight, and exactly where I wanted to be before coming to America!
That is so awesome! Are you on a special diet? What are you doing different? I cut sugar out.... Well not completely LOL but way back and took the focus off weight loss and focused on eating better.

https://www.healthymummy.com/

It's basically a system that is a fantastic meal plan. It plans all your meals for the week and you can swap them around as needed. It means I'm eating much healthier foods, more veges, and I don't have to think through how many calories things are. You can input everything you've eaten for the day and it adds it up to see what your calorie intake is, and I did that at the beginning, but now I don't need to because I have a fair idea of how much I've had. I'm also not eating as many snacks as it says and that gives me more leeway with calories so I know I'll be within what I need to be for the day.
They sell smoothies too, but you don't have to use them. I have some in the cupboard because they're really good for days where I'm in a rush, or I haven't gotten to the supermarket, or I bought takeaways for the family and need something for me etc.
What I LOVE about this system is that it doesn't cut out any food groups. Right now I'm eating porridge with maple syrup, which should be a no no on most diets, but I'm losing weight! It means it's sustainable, and if I have to eat out I have the tools to know what to buy that is the best for my body, and I don't have to worry about leaving out food groups at all.
I do most meals for the whole family too, and the children love a large proportion of them. There's always one that doesn't, but that's the case with any food lol.

Oh goodness, I had lost 10 lbs and then went off my diet while in the hospital with Enoch, and I gained 6 lbs in those 3 days! (Insert face palm)

Hmm that kind of weight gain sound more like water weight than actual fat gain. Not moving around much and inflammation can do that.. Granted.. it is hospital food lol

Oh my gosh, the food was practically abuse! I ordered a turkey sandwich and they brought me bread with 1 piece of tomato and a leaf of lettuce, And it was down hill from there. Not to whine or anything, but if I’m going to gain 6lbs it would be nice to at least enjoy the process. Lol. But yeah, given that EVERYTHING was “fat free” which means it was pumped full of sugar and sodium, it’s probably a lot of swelling. My stomachs felt off since staying at the hospital, but that might just be the stress of everything.

My stomachs felt off since staying at the hospital, but that might just be the stress of everything.
Hospital food makes me feel the same way.. completely off in the stomach. Add stress and you've got a good bacteria die off in your digestive system. I'd recommend hitting up the probiotics heavily. I dunno if you like kefir, yogurt or kombucha but those are my go tos for improving my stomach health. Throw bone broth in there, you'll help heal chemical damage from their horrible processed food.

Glad you're out of the hospital! Take it easy!

Hello all, how are you all going? Sorry I haven't actually kept up with this thread at all, had to let some things slide recently.
On a positive note, I have managed to lose all the weight I gained in America! I had budgeted for gaining weight, put on less than I thought I would, and lost it quicker than I thought I would, all with little exercise (except for running between airports with all my luggage, that was a fun experience lol!).
I haven't been eating wonderfully healthy since I came back either, but I'm back to it today with plenty of vegetables and protein. I am going to work out how to make chicken fried steak and chicken fried pickles though, they're totally going to be on my meal plan for next week!

@Patricia C , how are you doing?
@rustysdove11 are you recovered from the hospital now? How is your stomach feeling? And an even bigger question, how is Enoch?

Chicken fried steak is good no matter what meat you start with....but we do beef lamb and like Elk too when we are gifted some. Yummm!
You did awesome @FollowingHim2 to only gain a pound!
High five!
I need to get hugely more active...and spring is now here. I will watch my diet close starting tomorrow, and see what I can do between today's birthday celebration and the next one in June.
I have only lost about 9 pounds in the 14 months since my littlest arrived. 10 to 20 to go!

Last edited:
My fluffing is going a little too well I think lol up a good 25 lbs with 3 months to go...

Back