• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Defluffing

After losing 35 lbs when I was very ill, in the past 2 years, I've gained it all back. Even though I eat extremely healthy and clean, trying different approaches, nothing budges--not up nor down, not even a pound! So I'm trying some intermittent fasting plus have started a "Clean Fat Loss" supplement from Barlow Herbal. I'm on Spring break so can afford to experiment since I don't have the load of daily responsibility of being in the classroom if something goes south.

Some stubborn weight loss issues and energy fatigue can be hormone related. I’m finally feeling well enough to really exercise, but now I’m dying cus I almost overdid it... I was trying to loose weight to be more attractive to my husband. After cutting sugar a bit, working on hormone balancing and better nutrition, exercise is very enjoyable and brings a burst of feel good energy. With only a 15 pound loss (since October) I’m beginning to feel well, and don’t care about the next 15 pounds I wanted to loose.

Some stubborn weight loss issues and energy fatigue can be hormone related. I’m finally feeling well enough to really exercise, but now I’m dying cus I almost overdid it... I was trying to loose weight to be more attractive to my husband. After cutting sugar a bit, working on hormone balancing and better nutrition, exercise is very enjoyable and brings a burst of feel good energy. With only a 15 pound loss (since October) I’m beginning to feel well, and don’t care about the next 15 pounds I wanted to loose.
I know what you mean.. lol started looking really good and some how ended up pregnant.. hehehehe

I understand this too. Once I start feeling like myself I can decide that the few extra pounds aren't that bad.
I know what you mean.. lol started looking really good and some how ended up pregnant.. hehehehe
And in between babies when I HAVE put out the effort to get back in shape....about when I really got my shape back....I'd start getting "fat" again.
Those fat lady clothes in the attic (maternity) saw a lot of revisits over the years.
Maybe I'm done with them....or maybe I'll get skinny enough for another revisit. Lol

About a week ago I saw 152 lbs for the first time in probably two years. Today I was under 150 and was able to put on a pair of pre last pregnancy jeans!
I'm waiting to wear them until there is no tummy sticking out above the waistband but that should only be a couple/few weeks.
Since this thread was started I'm probably down an honest 15 lbs maybe more.
I'm just eating less, eating later in the day, and have fasted until dinner time with hubby a few times. Oh yes, and thinking about happy things.....and I should add I'm still nursing a 14 month old.
I am probably halfway to being at the size 7 I was after baby six but maybe only ten actual pounds from that size if I get hiking and build muscle in my legs.

Since most people don't know my weight, (no super power weighing me eyes) I care more about size....while realizing they are related.
Just thought I'd share my progress....now that I've actually made some. :)

Last edited:
Ok ladies. I am gearing up here and ready to get serious! I probably still weigh somewhere around 150....but my old clothes are nowhere near fitting.
My goal isn't exactly weight loss, but rather my old annoying clothes (that I will like when they fit) fitting, but the weight is related to, and in the way of that.
I am shooting for Nov first as my goal date for a wearing dem jeans!
I suspect with this here accountability factor, that on that next family birthday I will be having something to celebrate. I wore those clothes when the birthday boy was 7 months old. Let's see if I can wear 'em on his 12th birthday!
If I don't post a picture on the first....somebody please ask me on the second what happened.
Thanks in advance!! :)

Ok ladies. I am gearing up here and ready to get serious! I probably still weigh somewhere around 150....but my old clothes are nowhere near fitting.
My goal isn't exactly weight loss, but rather my old annoying clothes (that I will like when they fit) fitting, but the weight is related to, and in the way of that.
I am shooting for Nov first as my goal date for a wearing dem jeans!
I suspect with this here accountability factor, that on that next family birthday I will be having something to celebrate. I wore those clothes when the birthday boy was 7 months old. Let's see if I can wear 'em on his 12th birthday!
If I don't post a picture on the first....somebody please ask me on the second what happened.
Thanks in advance!! :)
I'm helping my wonderful mother out by making horrid food, so it keeps her out of the kitchen ;)

oh you ladies know how to cheer me up lol Looking forward to hearing about your progress @Joleneakamama

Well, my instant weight loss program took 16 lbs off but I'm now down a total of 20lbs. While nursing a baby helps lose weight too lol I have constant munchies! EEEEKK! I would like to get back down to 150 lbs (still overweight but about where I was when I got pregnant which was 152#) by the end of September or maybe mid October but trying to not sacrifice milk production at the same time. lol Such a balancing act! Feed baby.. lose weight... So I've got 15lbs to lose before I reach my first goal. Then it'll be 5 lb goal increments from there until I get to the 135# range.. then I should be about right on my weight. 135 to 140 was my weight in high school. Probably should be more like 130 but.. hey I'll see when I get there!

I lost a lot of weight, then that caused some problems, so I decided to not lose any more until I dealt with some health issues. Unfortunately I couldn't quite get the balance of how to maintain my current weight, so I gained a whole lot again.
Back to it as of yesterday. I'm going to cook up single serve meals to go in the freezer for me for the nights when I've cooked up pies and chips for the family or we had to buy takeaways because I wasn't home in time to cook anything.
And I'm trying to drink more water too, though it's difficult in winter.
@Joleneakamama you bet I'm going to hold you accountable, I want a post or a picture on the 1st of November lovely lady!

@Joleneakamama you bet I'm going to hold you accountable, I want a post or a picture on the 1st of November lovely lady!
:D :) Thank you @FollowingHim2!

A couple days ago I got whatever everyone else was getting over. Thankfully, I seem to be kicking it faster, and not feeling as bad.
I hiked a bit yesterday....enough to huff and puff and sweat. Not fun with a scratchy throat getting dried out....but I slept great lastnight, and I'm not sore today, so that is encouraging.
We are taking the family out to where we went yesterday, tomorrow for a picnic and to play in the water.
One advantage to writing the work schedule is we can go places in nature on days others are less likely to be there. This week they are working Saturday, so I left Thursday open.
Trying to keep a balance in life is challenging when there is so much to do. Family time tomorrow means getting ready today! Better run!

MyFitnessPal app is really good.

Are you still using the app?

View attachment 704

So I was thinking of starting a journal like this... I wouldn’t reward myself with a manicure (I’ve never actually gotten one before, just not my thing I guess). But it would be fun to do something like take the kids to the zoo or go on a mommy date with my sisters or something? Idk

Did you end up creating that journal?

I'm in too. Slow start though. I tried on some clothes at the store, in a size that I've never worn before and said nope. I'm not wearing them. It may sound silly, but id almost rather be uncomfortable .... It's a constant reminder!

Anyone using fitbit or my fitness pal apps!?

I'm already losing weight, and happy to be part of a group thing where we encourage and support each other. I am unable to exercise really at the moment because I have a problem with my pelvis. But I am eating heaps better and that's making a difference. I'm using the Healthy Mummy programme right now which is working wonders. I love it because it gives me a menu plan with healthy options and I can swap them as I like, it's structure but flexible, which is exactly what I need for my lifestyle.

I have 2 of the THM books. I have tried reading them but just can't get myself into reading it. I have looked at a few recipes but haven't totally committed to it. My husband likes the recipes out of Forks Over Knives and Engine 2 Diet.
Are you still using THM? What do you think?

Patricia I have been on this journey for a while now due to health issues I have gained a lot of weight! I had a nutrition and fitness coach as well as went to the guy... Dang nab I can't loose I feel like everytime I decide to put forth the effort to loose weight I end up gaining even when I am doing all the right things. Does anyone else have this problem?
Well anyway I will pop in to encourage and hopefully be encouraged but if I commit I am afraid I will gain more ugh!

Yes I have this problem, I found out my thyroid is way out of whack. I am taking natural stuff for it, just started it on the 2nd of this month. I am thinking it will take a bit to notice a difference. But I am trying.

My defluffing is on pause and I am currently fluffing.. well until December when the newest baby comes :)

I need to loose 75 lbs. Hoping the stuff I am on for my thyroid will help. I got my labs back earlier this month and my thyroid levels are at 11, no bueno.
Edward bought me a bicycle, I have ridden it on the property. Can't wait to really go on a ride but I don't want to ride alone.

Back