• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Defluffing

I have 2 of the THM books. I have tried reading them but just can't get myself into reading it. I have looked at a few recipes but haven't totally committed to it. My husband likes the recipes out of Forks Over Knives and Engine 2 Diet.
Are you still using THM? What do you think?
Do you mean Trim Healthy Momma? I don't use their programme. I use The Healthy Mummy, which is different. They have some recipe books but you download them, and I find them annoying to read through like that so I don't use them, I just use the online programme.
I'm still using them, nearly all meals and snacks at the moment, with the odd shop bought gingernut added in :).

I have the internet.. lol While I would like to lose more weight I'm more concerned about getting my stomach muscles put back together.. lol so doing lots of pelvic floor exercises, ab stuff (NOT crunches or situps more bridges and targeted upper abs and obliques primarily), squats always the squats, different static holds, and stretching of course.. yes I'm only 3 weeks out but if you take it slow you can put yourself back together again faster. I'm holding weight but improving strength. I've been adding to what I do slowly. I picked up a jump rope a couple times this week.. lol I missed it so much.. have to take it easy on that one though lol it's my main cardio but pretty hard on the pelvic floor.
I read something where it takes like a year for your organs to actually move back into their original places.. That's just crazy! But I could see that since they all get pushed out of place slowly over most of a year.

I need to loose 75 lbs. Hoping the stuff I am on for my thyroid will help. I got my labs back earlier this month and my thyroid levels are at 11, no bueno.
Edward bought me a bicycle, I have ridden it on the property. Can't wait to really go on a ride but I don't want to ride alone.
Did they call your thyroid boarderline? or anything like that. Because my thyroid has been boarderline low all my life and I got the most help when I started taking natural thyroid supplements (that was like 15 years ago) now I don't really have to do much for it but it does help if I periodically take something. I was way overweight back then myself. Still have weight issues but the worst of that happened again when a tick decided I needed Lyme. :( Now I have to battle with that. I get it done though without major pain killers. I've ran into people who take opioids for it.. just crazy!

My defluffing is on pause and I am currently fluffing.. well until December when the newest baby comes
Love it!! So happy for you!!

Are you still using the app?
I've used the app 'Lose It!' But I'm on the fence about it. I'm willing to try a different one.. but it's hard right now because I have to balance eating enough to maintain milk production and lose weight so I have to do a little research. :) I go back to work Monday so my calorie burning is going to increase dramatically because I'm on my feet and moving all day (Including lifting and the occasional healthy panic jog).

I like the goal journal @rustysdove11 presented but like rustysdove I would have to figure out different things for the rewards..

I too have tried to look at the THM but just can't seem to get into it. My nutritionist has me on Chronometer...which is free since I am her patent of her. Really tracks a lot of thing even down to the micro and macro nutrients. It is a daily log but the version she had me on can be expensive so I am grateful she can provide it to her patents free. But I need to get more active.

Did they call your thyroid boarderline? or anything like that. Because my thyroid has been boarderline low all my life and I got the most help when I started taking natural thyroid supplements (that was like 15 years ago) now I don't really have to do much for it but it does help if I periodically take something. I was way overweight back then myself. Still have weight issues but the worst of that happened again when a tick decided I needed Lyme. :( Now I have to battle with that. I get it done though without major pain killers. I've ran into people who take opioids for it.. just crazy!

I really don't understand how the thyroid numbers work, I just know that mine is under active. My hair falls out, it is hard to loose weight and I get tired easily.
Praying the suggested items I am taking helps and I am trying to add some calisthenics to my day, but I am just so tired.

I really don't understand how the thyroid numbers work, I just know that mine is under active. My hair falls out, it is hard to loose weight and I get tired easily.
Praying the suggested items I am taking helps and I am trying to add some calisthenics to my day, but I am just so tired.
It's really really hard I remember that. I also remember I slept.. a LOT all night and a lot of the day. And until you build up a little support for your thyroid it will be unfortunately :( It isn't impossible that you need some adrenal support as well. But I'm not a doctor lol and everyone is different. I pray that what you're doing helps as well!

Back