• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from a newbie in Maryland

You do fit in here.

Here is where it finally all fits together - Christianity and polygamy. With Christianity being by far the most important, polygamy just being one little detail of it.

So focus on God first, and everything else will fall into place over time as you draw closer to Him.

Thank you for such a kind, thoughtful welcome. I believe that you're right and everything will fall into place as I focus on God first. Thank you for the encouragement that I needed today

Your boyfriend is not a Christian and has no interest in Jesus?
He comes from a Christian background but he identifies as agnostic.

It was a sad day when we sold that house, but it provided a comfortable living for my Nana in her later years. She lived to be 103.
Aww I had a Nana too, I wish she had lived to be 103

My Uncle lives in Lexington Park. At one time he was CO of NAS Patuxent River.
Your uncle is probably my neighbor haha

Welcome to BF! Hope to see you on ladies chat tonight. We talk about lots of different things, silly and serious. It's a wonderful loving group and only want to be able to support you in your journey to become closer to God.

Tootles for now!

You do fit in here.

I wholeheartedly agree with @FollowingHim. You do fit in here. FollowingHim makes the excellent point that you have been called to reach out to us and allow us to reach back to greet you with welcoming arms. The other great point was that our primary connection is that we're all Christian, with practicing and supporting Biblical polygamy being a strong second connection. Be prepared, though, to discover one of the widest ranges of approaches to Christianity that you could probably ever find -- because the polygamy is the glue that bonds us together despite the breadth of our doctrinal differences. As such, though -- and it is why I have been spending so much time here communicating with people (and why I consider the conferences/retreats to be golden) -- what is available to you here at Biblical Families is one of the best living examples of how each individual Christian is part of the Body of Christ. He is our Head, but we each have our interconnected part to play.

I also come from a background of secular polyamory (not to mention the "serial polygamy" of successive marriages). As a young man I embraced the Open Marriage concept -- until I watched one marriage after another go down in flames. The more 'modern' polyamory movement is apparently designed to prevent some of the pitfalls of Open Marriage, but it only does so by making commitment a much more superficial endeavor. Others here have already mentioned to you, @Chesapeake, that the polyamory community is only superficially open-minded. As part of my own search for someone to join my wife and me, I have spent (and, admittedly, probably wasted) a good deal of time over the past several years at OK Cupid and other dating sites where a large percentage of the people are there to make polyamory connections. Being someone who is looking for a polygamous relationship that is not only committed for the long haul but operates within the guidelines of Scripture very clearly presents me to almost all the polyamorists as A Problem. Many of them have some strong level of commitment to their primary partner, but they, almost to a person, avoid becoming committed to their additional sexual partners like the plague. So it puts anyone seeking Biblical polygamy between a rock and a hard place. Most of the Christians condemn us as immoral perverts, but the 'mainstream' polyamorists, in addition to being averse to additional commitment, just lump us in with all the Christians who have ever condemned them. In general, they aren't even open to creating friendships, much less considering the possibility of being able to experience expanded familial passion and bonding with Christians looking for permanence.

Having said all that, again, I welcome you here. Be prepared, though, for heartache as well as the joy of community. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already considered, but by pursuing learning about Biblical polygamy you are likely seriously risking dissolution of your relationship with your boyfriend. In addition, you've hit the nail on the head as far as how much easier it is to find polyamory circles than it is to find supporters of polygamy. For whatever reason, it is a typical pattern for participants in progressive lifestyles to shun those who aren't True Believers, so be prepared for your polyamory friends to shut you out as they get a whiff of what you may begin to consider as you learn more about Biblical polygamy -- and it can be daunting to contemplate being on the outside of a subculture one was previously immersed in. I will join the chorus, though, of all the others who have welcomed you here and who have encouraged you to participate in the weekly women's chat. We're all just human beings here -- so we have our own foibles -- but I trust you will discover that there are many very good people at Biblical Families.

You've come to the right place!

So good to have you joining us @Chesapeake! As I read down through both pages just now, many were sharing my exact sentiments. The one thought that kept coming to mind that I hadn't seen mentioned yet--that is until I reached the bottom of @Keith Martin's post--(rats--he beat me too it :)) is the thought and I echo his comment: " I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already considered, but by pursuing learning about Biblical polygamy you are likely seriously risking dissolution of your relationship with your boyfriend. I can see from your comments that you already feel distanced from the group from which you currently seek your fellowship and identity. You seek to "walk together" with someone who embraces both Christ and plural marriage. It seems clear that is your heart's desire. Two can not walk together unless they be agreed. Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed? It also seems clear that your spirit is sorely vexed by the dicotomy of life style you're currently living. It will definitely take courage to make the decision to end/walk away from a relationship that is meeting some sense of need, but definitely not meeting all your need AND not going to have the end result/long-term which you so much desire. Take heart! You may be a single young woman, BUT you are not alone! Your Papa, Abba Father, knows your heart's desire and promises you Psalm 37:4,5. HE has already directed you to this wonderful group of believers who embrace your vision. Rejoice in that! Draw near to Yeshua--scooch up close, and He will give you the strength and courage to make the next decisions.
Blessings to you Chesapeake! I'm looking forward to seeing you on the forum and engaging on threads that interest you. You're in for a feast and a real treat!!

Welcome and good to see more people my age joining! The polyamourous lifestyle of many people around me 3 years ago led me to questioning if there was a biblical version. If you are looking for God's version of a growing trend, I believe this is the right place.

Back