• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from a newbie in Maryland

Be prepared, though, for heartache as well as the joy of community. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already considered, but by pursuing learning about Biblical polygamy you are likely seriously risking dissolution of your relationship with your boyfriend.

I'm sorry I took so long to respond, your welcome was authentic and wonderful..it's just that this part of it is hard to face. You are right it is something I have considered and as I grow in faith our relationship straining. It feels like all I can do at this point is pray for guidance.

Be prepared, though, for heartache as well as the joy of community. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already considered, but by pursuing learning about Biblical polygamy you are likely seriously risking dissolution of your relationship with your boyfriend.

I'm sorry I took so long to respond, your welcome was authentic and wonderful..it's just that this part of it is hard to face. You are right it is something I have considered and as I grow in faith our relationship straining. It feels like all I can do at this point is pray for guidance.

Your boyfriend is not a Christian, correct? I think that if it were not Biblical polygamy it would be something else. If you are truly taking the Christian path and letting the Holy Spirit guide you, it is difficult to have an intimate relationship and be one with someone who looks at life completely different than you do.

I think this is what Jesus means in Luke 14:26. You have to put him first before everything and sometimes that is very hard.

Best wishes, and will keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you for your frankness, @Chesapeake, as well as for your response. You never need to apologize for any delay. I do realize that the part I wrote about being prepared for the possible deterioration of your current relationship wasn't likely welcome news. Life is full of these choices in which one aspect of life can be enhanced but the other necessarily or most likely deteriorates. In the end, you will decide which side of the scale has more advantages and fewer disadvantages than the other. At the same time, in this case, your boyfriend also has his own choices to make. If, for example, you end up leaning toward wanting to pursue Biblical polygamy and cease participation in secular polyamory, that doesn't automatically mean your relationship will dissolve, because he will then have to make his own choice about whether the combination of desiring to stay with you and how much he trusts you would compensate for not getting to play around with new people on a regular basis. He might recognize, to extend the example, that limiting himself to two women with whom he has lifetime commitments provides an opportunity to have far more rewarding (and fun!) sexual relationships due to the relaxation of walls of vulnerability much more inherent in committed relationships than one can ever experience no matter how many hundreds of partners one has in a much more superficial, noncommittal manner.

far more rewarding (and fun!) sexual relationships due to the relaxation of walls of vulnerability much more inherent in committed relationships than one can ever experience no matter how many hundreds of partners one has in a much more superficial, noncommittal manner.

That is an argument with a high likelihood of backfiring. I wouldn't go there.

He comes from a Christian background but he identifies as agnostic.
When I converse with women who are agnostic, about the Lord, I try to share with them how much God loves them, and that Jesus loves them, and wants to give them eternal life. When I share with men who are agnostic, about the Lord, I start with the Hydroplate Theory, because if a Global Flood occurred, then the Word of God is true, and we can take what it says, to the proverbial bank. My theory is that men and women think differently, and I want to get to the heart of the matter, but with men, often you cannot, until you get past the mental and cognitive roadblocks that they are likely to put up.

This relationship is over but I still pray for him and I appreciate this advice :)
Sorry to hear that. Do you still have any contact with anyone in that group? The seeds that you plant, may land on good soil.

I am still in touch with him but noone else there
What would be some of his arguments against a Creator? What might be some of His arguments against the Biblical record of Jesus?

Shalom and welcome to the group. This is a great place to learn and hopefully find friends. We live in a pural marriage for 2 years now and it has been a true blessing

It’s been awhile so I thought a general life update here might be nice.. I am still single and still searching. Following my breakup with my polyamorous ex boyfriend I had weight loss surgery and became a long distance truck driver so life has been a little busy. I’ve lost about 200lbs and have just been driving all over the country. I’m working towards geting totally debt free. I had to prioritize my health and focus on my weight loss and then I’ve just been putting my time and energy into educating myself about finances and really doing some soul searching. I’m not very good at being active on here but I am still interested in getting to know families in the community. I’d be happy to share my Instagram with anyone who would like to message me.. not sure if I’m allowed to say that but hopefully that’s ok and Happy Easter everyone :)

It’s been awhile so I thought a general life update here might be nice.. I am still single and still searching. Following my breakup with my polyamorous ex boyfriend I had weight loss surgery and became a long distance truck driver so life has been a little busy. I’ve lost about 200lbs and have just been driving all over the country. I’m working towards geting totally debt free. I had to prioritize my health and focus on my weight loss and then I’ve just been putting my time and energy into educating myself about finances and really doing some soul searching. I’m not very good at being active on here but I am still interested in getting to know families in the community. I’d be happy to share my Instagram with anyone who would like to message me.. not sure if I’m allowed to say that but hopefully that’s ok and Happy Easter everyone :)
It sounds like things are going well for you. Congratulations! You should definitely check out that ladies chat. It’s the best way to get to know people here.

It sounds like things are going well for you. Congratulations! You should definitely check out that ladies chat. It’s the best way to get to know people here.
Yea I think the ladies chat here is great I did join it once awhile ago. It’s just that a once a week chat on a schedule isn’t always going to work for me so I just wanted to make a post to let people know that I’d like getting to know other people interested in or already living this lifestyle even though I’m not super active here

Welcome to the wonderful world of living on a truck and major, MAJOR, kudos on becoming healthier!!!

Haha thanks! Living on the truck has made it a little bit more difficult to make healthy choices but where there’s a will there’s a way lol
For sure!
And sitting all day, or night, doesn’t help. So your success is all the more impressive.

Back