• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff January 19th-21st, 2024 - West Coast retreat, Phoenix

Added to Calendar: 01-19-24, 01-20-24, 01-21-24

Hey everyone-

We’re curious how many will be coming for the conference in Phoenix…? Do we have any kind of head count? We’ve never been before, so we don’t know what to expect.

We need to push some people who haven't responded yet - that'll come this week. But pretty sure we'll be over 30 adults.
I'm 99% sure we will make it.

Ughhhhhhh Jolene… Nowwwww you say you guys are going… 🤦‍♂️🙄

Ughhhhhhh Jolene… Nowwwww you say you guys are going… 🤦‍♂️🙄
It's only 2hrs and 2 minutes from here. :)
it was/is mostly seeing how everyone was feeling as we got closer.
Right now the baby isn't feeling well. Sick and/or teething. Long nights don't make for the happiest days.

Hey everyone-

We’re curious how many will be coming for the conference in Phoenix…? Do we have any kind of head count? We’ve never been before, so we don’t know what to expect.
We are planning on being there. Three adults, maybe more.....two of our sons were thinking about it.
I answered your chat message Kendra, but it's hard to find the way back to that page....so I answered you here too.

If you post more....private messaging opens up.

Is there nearby RV parking? We may be able to make it as we might be in the area.
It's Phoenix, there's RV parks everywhere - I don't see one within a mile, but there's numerous choices within 5 miles.
Do you have the retreat info, David? If not PM me or @julieb .

Well, I genuinely wish we could make it. But unless God intervenes in a major way. That’s not likely. Maybe we can swing by and say hi one day!

Just curious what do people normally do during offtime? Anyone overland/offroad? I see a couple parks in the area, want to do a little trail running while in the area.
Usually not much time... when we're not meeting, we're 'meeting.'... conversations in the lobby, in the conference room, in the halls, etc... friends reacquainting and others making new friends...

Looks like i'd be getting in around 2am on Saturday morning at the earliest, being it's Sabbath not really sure how to play this one. If I have to check in someone has to serve me...

I’ve never known anyone to have “free time”. These things always go so fast and there’s never enough time to talk to everyone you want to.
This exactly. There's no free time. It's over too fast.

Looks like i'd be getting in around 2am on Saturday morning at the earliest, being it's Sabbath not really sure how to play this one. If I have to check in someone has to serve me...
My Hubby and I believe that all days begin at sunrise and end at sunrise, so checking in (for us) at 2 am wouldn't be breaking the Sabbath command. When does the Sabbath begin for you?

Back