• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let's make some pro PATRIARCHY memes!!

I do insist that she lose herself in me but find it difficult to lose myself in God. Women know this intuitively. I don't. that's a tough concept.
I think this is because the enemy attacks women in different ways than he attacks us. He tells them that they are worthless. When we look at our sin and see it the way that God sees it, it helps us appreciate the sacrifice that Christ made for us on the cross.

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Evidently, it is in some way possible to leave a wife for the sake of the gospel. I am not speculating as to what "left" means in this case, that's a can of worms, and certainly not suggesting we do it, but this simply shows us the Gospel is more important than your marriage. So, if marriage was placed more important than the Gospel, it would be an idol. It is therefore possible for your marriage to be an idol, in certain circumstances, according to Jesus.

Did I change your mind? :)

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Evidently, it is in some way possible to leave a wife for the sake of the gospel. I am not speculating as to what "left" means in this case, that's a can of worms, and certainly not suggesting we do it, but this simply shows us the Gospel is more important than your marriage. So, if marriage was placed more important than the Gospel, it would be an idol. It is therefore possible for your marriage to be an idol, in certain circumstances, according to Jesus.

Interesting idea, but the exact reverse of my meme. 🤷‍♀️

You will note that the verse is addressed to men and husbands are specifically left out of the rather extensive list. It would appear that husbands don’t fit into this passage.

Notice he’s referring to men and the leaving of a husband for the sake of the gospel is not included in his statement?

You will note that the verse is addressed to men and husbands are specifically left out of the rather extensive list. It would appear that husbands don’t fit into this passage.
Ah, but @windblown's meme says you cannot idolise your husband "or marriage". I was responding to the "or marriage" part. I never said a thing about idolising husbands. :)
Seriously, I suspect that may be possible also but agree there is no direct scriptural statement to that effect.

Ah, but @windblown's meme says you cannot idolise your husband "or marriage". I was responding to the "or marriage" part. I never said a thing about idolising husbands. :)
Seriously, I suspect that may be possible also but agree there is no direct scriptural statement to that effect.
Then you’re being a little obtuse since it was pretty clear that she was speaking to women.

All earthly authority is derivative, and subject to the Authority of The Most High.

Here is one possible scenario. An unbelieving husband commands his wife to explicitly and verbally deny that Jesus/Yeshua is the Christ, and to say that He has not risen from the dead.

She can't do that. Doing so would be a type of idolatry.

I do agree with @windblown generally speaking. It's not normally possible.

Back