• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let's make some pro PATRIARCHY memes!!

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Evidently, it is in some way possible to leave a wife for the sake of the gospel. I am not speculating as to what "left" means in this case, that's a can of worms, and certainly not suggesting we do it, but this simply shows us the Gospel is more important than your marriage. So, if marriage was placed more important than the Gospel, it would be an idol. It is therefore possible for your marriage to be an idol, in certain circumstances, according to Jesus.

Did I change your mind? :)
Hard disagree.

Gospel is just happy news. Other people can find it from other sources.

It's only Jesus before husband, not gospel.

Back