• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let's make some pro polygyny memes

I know this is in jest, but I don't think "dating culture" is to be preferred. In addition, I think that is even more true with polygyny, as it is more complicated than monogyny.

Please don't ask me for better advice on finding additional wives. 😉. That's above my pay grade.
I think I would ask the guy who has 39 of them, but alas, he has departed from this life.

I think I'd recommend asking a guy who has two or three, and has been happily married to each of them for at least a decade. That's a pretty solid track record.
I would recommend that, once you have found the second and third wife.

Last edited:
How many teachers in the modern day church have taken the virginity of more than one woman, and didn't do what the Word commands them to do - which is to take them as your wives (unless her father denies the marriage). They are preaching monogamy only, however, if they obeyed the righteous commandment of God - they are polygynous.

I so agree! It's this hypocrisy:

A man has five baby mamas or five mistresses and for society this is acceptable.

The same man commits to those same women as his wives and for society this is an atrocity.

A man has five baby mamas or five mistresses and for society this is acceptable.

The same man commits to those same women as his wives and for society this is an atrocity.

And I've observed in secular culture that the same women who encourage experimentation and "bodily autonomy" will consider polygamists to be "perverts." Of course, there's a spiritual dimension to that but it's still ironic to me even on "their" terms.

This is the consequence of people turning their backs against the righteous instructions from our Heavenly Father; and instead choosing to go into rebellion against him by thinking our human ways our more righteous, Holy, and better than what the Creator of all existence says. As Paul wrote in Romans 3:31 - we are to uphold the law. All this sin and rebellion against our Heavenly Father is simply provoking him to anger - just as Israel and Judah did in the past. Just like Sodom and Gomorrah did. Just like they did during Noah’s time. It. Doesn’t. End. Well.

Interestingly enough, it appears this woman Misty, whom some are making a big deal out of the fact that she is much younger, was herself divorced. I must say that I withhold judgment on Arterburn's divorce, simply because I don't have enough knowledge, and I read somewhere that his second wife initiated the divorce. That still doesn't mean he is not being hypocritical when espousing the virtues of monogamy, but we all recognize that usually, one party in the divorce is in fact innocent, and there are nuances to the whole remarriage calculation, and I don't want to beat that dead horse any more.

Interestingly enough, it appears this woman Misty, whom some are making a big deal out of the fact that she is much younger, was herself divorced. I must say that I withhold judgment on Arterburn's divorce, simply because I don't have enough knowledge, and I read somewhere that his second wife initiated the divorce. That still doesn't mean he is not being hypocritical when espousing the virtues of monogamy, but we all recognize that usually, one party in the divorce is in fact innocent, and there are nuances to the whole remarriage calculation, and I don't want to beat that dead horse any more.
Agreed. From what I have heard, his second wife was adulterous. Also, I know nothing about Misty, so I shouldn't have memed her in a negative light.

It just bugs me when divorced and remarried men go around dishing out marriage advice, especially if they wrongly hold to the unbiblical doctrine of monogamy only.

I read his book "Every Man's Battle" many years ago, and personally didn't benefit from it, and think it is somewhat off track.

This is the consequence of people turning their backs against the righteous instructions from our Heavenly Father; and instead choosing to go into rebellion against him by thinking our human ways our more righteous, Holy, and better than what the Creator of all existence says. As Paul wrote in Romans 3:31 - we are to uphold the law. All this sin and rebellion against our Heavenly Father is simply provoking him to anger - just as Israel and Judah did in the past. Just like Sodom and Gomorrah did. Just like they did during Noah’s time. It. Doesn’t. End. Well.
Let's just call it what it is. These type of people are practicing ILLIGAMY not polygyny.

Back