• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Me? Obey Him?

thanks for the welcome. :) that is usually how i treat books too. now i'll have to find a copy to read again along with the discussion.

Love said:
Hi dory! Welcome! I'm glad you have already read the book...we look forward to your input in our discussions next month! With a book such as this, my vote is to pull out the gems that are supported by God's word and use them to bless our families and gracefully disregard any personal opinion that we do not agree with.
Thanks for sharing...we look forward to getting to know you!

Dory,
I have several extra copies...let me know if you would like one. We will be using the 2000 revised edition.

With love,
Heather

hey ladies,
Count me in the Bible Study .. Love, i also need a book. The Chaplain and i were at a Christian Bookstore tonight and I could not find it. I will gladly pay for the shipping. The only day of the week that is not good for me is Wednesday. The Chaplain leaves and comes home that day but if it falls on Wednesday i will join in when i can.
i am excited about getting to know yall better and making new friends.
Chaplains Rose

Great, CR! Thanks for letting me know. Please email me your mailing address: heather@biblicalfamilies.org...the books go out tomorrow!

Also, I was wanting to poll the crowd about a day and time...does Monday nights at 7:30 pm work for everyone? ...and if so, is Monday, January 11th a good start date for everyone? Let me know what you think...I would like to try to accomodate everyone's schedule so that no one gets left out!

Blessings,
Heather

Mondays are not good for me because that is always the day that EVERYTHING is due for class. Of course if I were really organized it wouldn't matter, and if we decide on Monday I will try to do better, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

SweetLissa

Greetings Love,

I think Monday evenings will work out for me, as it's the only day/evening that I'm not driving everyone all over the place! :roll: We're down to one family van for all of us to share, and I've been the human taxi cab! But we're thankful that we have a van at all. But whatever is best for the majority will be fine with me as well. I'll just do my best to make it work. :) Thanks again for stepping out in faith and organizing this study, can't wait for it to begin! :D

Warm Wishes,
F.S.

Hi girls, I just ordered my copy for 93 cents! I would also like to see a separate study for women on a book of the bible, maybe after this book we're starting. Any night is good for me except Friday. I look forward to it!
In Him, Kelly Deanne

Hi Deanne,
I am so glad you will be joining us! Unfortunately, when I ordered the book off of Amazon..the 93 cents one..it turned out to be the 1972 version despite the fact that I clicked on the 2000 version. This is why we are sending the book out for free. There are many revisions, including an extra chapter called "How to appeal a bad decision" in the revised edition. So check that copyright when it comes and if it is not the right one, email me and I will stick another one in the mail to ya!

Love,
Heather

I look forward to this book group! I don't get much adult interaction so I will take it when I can get it. Monday nights are ok, except that I don't get home until around 7:45-8:00 due to my daughter's dance class. I am hoping someone else in the house can take her though when we get started!

Lindsay

Heather,

I'm still looking for a copy but hopeful.... I may have to check the only christian book store in town.

It has been a long time since I read the book and no clue where my copy went, probably passed it along to someone. I do remember though that it was shortly after reading this book and putting things into practice (along with having read and implemented Stormie Omartian's Power of a Praying Wife) that James grew to a deeper relationship with God and so much youthful anger fled from him and we have not been the same since. He was a good man from day one, but he has become better and better and I know I am so very blessed to have him. Many of the positive changes in our relationship happened back in 1999 after reading this book and changing *myself*, which won him over too. God's word never returns void does it? :D

~Becca

Hey all! I am so, so excited to be starting this on Monday nights in January! I have already sent my info. to Heather for the book and am very, very thrilled to be in the first BF women's bible study! This last year has really been a challenge for me in my relationship with the Lord but I have found through my darkest moments that His word will never let me down. I am hoping 2010 will be a year that will make my relationship with Him even stronger. Thanks so much for doing this! Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!
=) Kacy
P.S... Also, maybe I missed this part, but, how will this bible study be held exactly? Are we going to meet in a chatroom at a certain time I assume? If so where? Would like more details if anyone has them. Thanks!

Hello ladies,
Becca, it is a hard book to find...let me know if you need one, I have an extra.
The study will be held in a Yahoo chat room...I will set it up and let everyone know the link and password to get in.
Please let me know if Tuesday nights works best for any of you guys. We have one lady who can't do Monday nights.

Blessings,
Heather

Tuesday would probably be betterfor me. I have Clinicals on Tuesday this semester at school so I have to be up really early and I have lots to do to get ready for them on Monday nights.

However, I am sure I can make time for whatever day is decided.

Monday or Tuesday nights work for me. I'm getting very excited about the study. I can't wait to fellowship with all the wonderful ladies here.

Heather,
Thanks for the heads up on the edition date. I'll keep my eyes open for my book to be delivered, then check. I'll let you know if I need one of your copies. This will be a great stimulus for bible study, and I'm really looking forward to the fellowship with all of you, too.

Becca,
That book, The Power of a Praying Wife, by Stormie O'Martian, helped me draw closer to the Lord and taught me to be a better wife. I enjoyed it so much, that I gave it away! Now, if anyone still has a copy, it would be great to see a quick summary of it again. It had thirty little chapters suggesting topics for specific prayer on behalf of your husband, along with scriptures showing why it was a good thing to pray for. The idea was to pray along the lines of a different quality for each day of the month, for example, integrity, or freedom from fear, or success in business. Anybody want to post that?

Also, Stormie wrote several similar books, including one for parents praying for their children. That would be an excellent summary to see again!

Well, I've got to get back to painting sets for our Christmas play with the kids. My son has three of his four lines memorized! :D Only twenty-four hours to go!

Merry Christmas, girls. May there be peace on earth and in our homes and hearts tonight.

--Kelly Deanne

Any night is good for me except for Thursday nights :)

Hi Ladies,
I would love to join the book club discussion. I am not new to Biblical Families, but I am a reader and have not posted in the past. As a way to introduce myself, my husband is Mark C, you may have seen his posts on the board. ;) I am available any evening monday thru thursday, so whatever time works out for the rest is fine with me. I have a 1972 copy of the book, I'll send an email to Heather if she has any of the newer edition still available.

Look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know folks.

Linda

Welcome Linda! What took you so long? :) I am glad you will be doing the book study with us.

Julieb

Greetings & Happy New Years Ladies! :D

Just wanted to check in with everyone & see how your Christmas celebrations went? I pray that you all had a Joyous & Christ-filled Christmas! :) I'm soooo looking forward to this study, and have to admit that I recieved my book yesterday and have already started reading it!!! Uh-oh - is that cheating? Sorry I couldn't wait! ;) Thanks so much Heather for your kindness in blessing us with this study and the giving of these books. Speaking of this Awesome study, how is this gonna be set up and when is it starting? Are we maybe reading a chapter or two at a time, and then joining in on discussion of the chapters somehow? I can always go back and start reading again, so we can all be on the same page in thought & discussion. I still have a few chapters to go, so I can stop and just wait till the study actually starts to re-start reading the book with you lovely sisters in Christ. Go forth into the New Year that He's blessing us with, going forth in His Might, Power & Love! :)

FS

Back