• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General One of our own gets called out

We, at this exact moment, are fellowshipping lovingly with our family as they plunk down copious amounts of bacon right under our noses. :p As I remember the retreats are no different.

We also just attended a wedding where the bride had 2 moms. Good food, music, dancing. We had a great time.

Interactions via text/internet seem to always be fraught with misunderstandings that probably don’t reflect real life.

I know I said I wasn't going to post in these thread anymore, but I had to respond to this one you sent.

Your response is exactly the reason why I have found common ground with your husband. Under his hardness he is a rational tolerant man when it comes to minuet differences in belief. But one who will not tolerate radical departures from it. I get that. I am the same.

And I agree about the misunderstandings when it come to relationships through the internet.

People often complain that topic X is not discussed enough here, so they won't come here. If they came and started topic X, it would be discussed. But because they don't start the topic, it isn't. This is circular reasoning.

There aren't enough women on the forum. The solution to this is that more women need to come on the forum. Only the women can implement that solution. We have already rearranged the entire forum to shift all "deeper" discussions into a "deeper discussions" section, to leave the whole first half of the forum open for more casual discussion of the sort women claim they want to have, and not just in the "ladies only" section. So I've done what I can to provide the facility, the women just need to use it.

Damn, I can't help myself.

What if, this place was a little more friendly towards the nuances of other people's beliefs, in Christ? Wonder how many women would participate? Wonder how many other people searching would feel at ease to join in,?

There aren't enough women on the forum.

My empirical behavior theory hat may be showing, but I have a question about measurable results: what is the means by which we will be able to accurately and collectively judge when "enough women" are on the forum?

My empirical behavior theory hat may be showing, but I have a question about measurable results: what is the means by which we will be able to accurately and collectively judge when "enough women" are on the forum?
Hmmm, on this forum, I think we'd need at least 2 women for every 1 man, in order to have enough. :D

The thing is, if for some reason you feel the need to vex your wife, there is no prohibition against marrying her worst enemy.

Myself, I cannot imagine living in a home that has that level of animosity, but it is not ruled out.
(Desperate times require desperate measures? Idk)

I'd say that the chaotic house is its own punishment...

The thing is, if for some reason you feel the need to vex your wife, there is no prohibition against marrying her worst enemy.

Myself, I cannot imagine living in a home that has that level of animosity, but it is not ruled out.
(Desperate times require desperate measures? Idk)
Excuse my French, but the idiot who would do such a thing deserves the misery he would bring on himself that would far outstrip the misery he'd bring on between his wives.

The point is that it is not prohibited, as long as it isn’t the wife’s sister. THAT situation the wife is protected from, but ONLY from that one. Any other possibility that would irritate her, she has no decree protecting her from.

The point is that it is not prohibited, as long as it isn’t the wife’s sister. THAT situation the wife is protected from, but ONLY from that one. Any other possibility that would irritate her, she has no decree protecting her from.
Right. It seems crazy, but that situation would cause great damage not just in the man's immediate family, but in the whole extended family of the sisters. They'd be taking sides. The sister moat tormented could divorce/leave, but the offending husband/former husband and her sister would never be completely out of her life, her parents would still be his inlaws, etc...

Epic daytime TV sort of drama...

Thanks, @PeteR, for driving home the point in your video that the problem lies in marrying a sister for the purpose of vexing her. No prohibition exists against marrying sisters if one's dedication is to creating peace.

Alright, I picked apart the first 14 pages of Wilber’s book. It’s awful. Sorry about the length. I may do a more concise and condensed version later. The most egregious things he gets wrong are that he claims Adam didn’t name Eve in direct contradiction of Genesis 3:20. He claims that sin entered the world through Adam and Eve also in direct contradiction to scripture which says through one man sin entered the world. He says that a man’s first loyalty is to his wife and he butchers the Fall and expulsion from the Garden to claim that God is warning sinful husbands not to dominate their wives.

And I failed. I buried the important stuff in a two hour live stream and everyone missed and Wilber is just ignoring it.

Looking forward to watching. Don't mind Wilber. He uses cancel culture and ignores critics as well as uses tacticts of defamation, logical fallacies, and pandering to his fan base.

Key is to answer him/expose him and your audience is warned against his horrible book and position....

And, BTW, I've released more videos in this series, but did not post them here because they are less about rebutting Wilber and just focused on aspects of polygyny, Scripture, etc...

Actually filmed one listing advantages to poly this morning, but it will be a week or two before it is released and added to the playlist...

Authority, Headship, and Family Structure; Responding to David Wilber and JK McKee: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrMBrRFLh5cyFx0SuIrmSCSQX8xbiiYd

And I failed. I buried the important stuff in a two hour live stream and everyone missed and Wilber is just ignoring it.
Do another video that just hits the important points. Or maybe one that is built from small clips of it.

Back