• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Our Creativity!

julieb

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
I thought it was a great idea of @Tina Galloway to suggest we make a separate threat for posting all the creative things we ladies do. Please feel free to post paintings, drawings, pics of quilts or anything else you sewed along with anything else you feel is a creative aspect of your life. I can't wait to see!

I will post another quilt, it's the last one I completed. It's a twisted log cabin. Some of my favorite colors.

But I love love love the tatting and loom. Something I've never seen done. It looks so difficult! But so beautiful.

Attachments

• tmp-cam-3491160917282785413.jpg
    tmp-cam-3491160917282785413.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
I built this 4'x6' loom, I am weaving a wall hanging. It will be a family tree with hooks for small family photos.View attachment 774 View attachment 775
Wow! @Patricia C -- that's a gigantic frame and to think you built it yourself! I'm intrigued by the various yarns you're using. What kind? Do you have a mini sketch that you're following or just developing it as you go? Hope we get to see the finished project. :)

I will post another quilt, it's the last one I completed. It's a twisted log cabin. Some of my favorite colors.

But I love love love the tatting and loom. Something I've never seen done. It looks so difficult! But so beautiful.
@BeingHeld --I've never heard of a "Twisted Log Cabin". I've seen several versions of the Log Cabin but never this one. I'd love to see it up close. Nice work!

I'm also working on finishing a quilt top my sister sent me. It was sewn by our grandmother and I think it has some old sugar sacks being used. It's over 100 years old.
Amazing and stunning! To think you're handling your grandmother's work AND fabric that dates back to a century! You are blessed beyond measure!!

@rejoicing handmaiden. It is called snuggle bunny-the pattern was designed around little bunny rabbits. But I modified it for my use.

Those are Disney princesses in each square. My stepson's mother passed away a few years ago and they named the baby after her. Her favorite Disney characters were the princesses, so a a dedication to her namesake I decided it would be fitting. Plus..that little baby is a princess!

@MaryandJim , and @BeingHeld I love quilts it is a talent I never developed. You both do beautiful work!
@Foxlily tatting is a lost art! So beautiful thank you for preserving the art. I hope you pass the skill on
@rejoicinghandmaid thank you. I am mixing textures so some of it is homespun yarn, I am also using fabric scraps. I have several different size looms this is the first of this size. I made it so I can make rugs or blankets. In the center is a support I am using it as a second loom size. Full frame 4x6 half frame is 3x4. You can really make just about any larger size on this though.

These slippers are crocheted on the bottom and knit on the top. I like to put latex rug backing on the bottom. It prevents slipping, and greatly increases the life span of the slippers. I wear mine over socks ondoors....and sometimes wear them outside to grab clothes off the line when I don't want to take time to put on shoes. These fit my one year old. Big ones aren't quite as cute, but are just as nice. They can be made to fit precisely using a tracing of the foot as a pattern, or made with a little room to grow for little people.

Attachments

• 20190226_124022.jpg
    20190226_124022.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
@BeingHeld...that quilt is beautiful. I have several quilt tops someone gave to practice my free motion quilting on...but I decided to just practice on my finished quilts...not such a good idea sometimes. I also have about 15 projects lined up. Work just gets in the way of my crafting!

Back