• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Our Creativity!

My sister was married this weekend, and since she was the last of us and no one chose to wear our mother’s gown, I was given the go-ahead (by our dad) to make it into keepsake handkerchief and a small handbag. We gifted them to our mom as a surprise before the wedding, and she was thrilled! Each sister wrapped her handkerchief around her bouquet, so we’ve now all walked down the isle with her dress, which was really special to her.

Attachments

• CF320D3E-5E48-4223-9B09-ADDC5CF06672.jpeg
    CF320D3E-5E48-4223-9B09-ADDC5CF06672.jpeg
    533.9 KB · Views: 29
My sister was married this weekend, and since she was the last of us and no one chose to wear our mother’s gown, I was given the go-ahead (by our dad) to make it into keepsake handkerchief and a small handbag. We gifted them to our mom as a surprise before the wedding, and she was thrilled! Each sister wrapped her handkerchief around her bouquet, so we’ve now all walked down the isle with her dress, which was really special to her.
That is such a neat idea!
Beautiful work too! :)

What a beautiful idea. I am sure your mom was touched.

To pass some time while resting I've pulled my tatting out some.. thought I'd shareIMG_20190811_074259538.jpgIMG_20190808_150228796.jpg

Oh if only I could find time to do more of my crafts. I miss quilting and crocheting, but work, the farm and the grandbabies are keeping me busy.
I know your frustration! lol I just don't have the time generally either but special circumstances :) I like knitting too but tatting is my frilly veritably useless thing lol other than prettiness. I don't make doilies though because they just take WAY too long. I can crochet a doily way faster than tat one.

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I do hope you're recovering well and getting some strength back. :)
I am recovering well.. hard to keep me in bed honestly. This helps keep me in a lower state of energy.. lol

This is why I really like tatting.. the little motifs you can make. The maple leaf I found online. The flowers I free formed.

IMG_20190812_163806970.jpg

Oh if only I could find time to do more of my crafts. I miss quilting and crocheting, but work, the farm and the grandbabies are keeping me busy.

That's how I feel too. Not enough time with school, chores and little ones. I've been spending more time out in the yard and have made a flower garden and am really enjoying it though. I'm hoping next year we'll have a nice big garden and it will help bring some pollinators in. :)

So beautiful!!

Do any of you sell your crafts?

I used to sell mine on Etsy..but I have been too busy with work to do much crafting anymore.
Did you like using Etsy? Or just a useful tool? And how do you get through the noise and get noticed?

Back