• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Peace in world

I feel we need to start praying more for peace and deescalation in world.
I love to pray for peace.
So why are people arguing? Let us pray for peace. We all know we might go through war to get there, God will take us by the road He has in mind, and He will give us strength to walk that road. But the destination we pray for is still peace. Why would anyone argue against praying that we would reach that destination, that just because people might have different opinions on what the road there may look like? Is the destination not the one thing that all should be in agreement upon?

I feel we need to start praying more for peace and deescalation in world.
Peace will come. I think the only prayer we as believers should be expected to all agree on is The Lord's prayer. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done."
This leaves open the possibility that peace will come through war, and acknowledges that deescalation might not be his will.
He will work His purposes. We can pray that He guide us in manifesting His kingdom and that we will not be a hindrance to others.

We aren't under attack. So it's peace time.

And God is Love.
We're not under the physical type of war you were thinking yet, but Christianity is definitely at war. The same war God rages with Satan. The same war with the groves, and the Sodomites by the Temple, and the false priests finding their way into Israel and into the hearts of the people. Peace comes when righteousness does. (When people aren't murdering and committing adultery, etc.) If we want peace we need to pray for the peoples hearts to be softened, to turn towards the only true and living God, and for repentance, even for ourselves because I'm sure none of us are good enough yet either.
Where there is sin there will always be war and despair.
Where there is a great turning of the heart and repentance (even if the people still are not all the way perfect yet) God shows mercy. (I hope I'm remembering this right but there was a time in the bible where Israel was going to be attacked by another nation, but because they let all of their slaves go, the Lord deterred the war)

We're not under the physical type of war you were thinking yet, but Christianity is definitely at war. The same war God rages with Satan. The same war with the groves, and the Sodomites by the Temple, and the false priests finding their way into Israel and into the hearts of the people. Peace comes when righteousness does. (When people aren't murdering and committing adultery, etc.) If we want peace we need to pray for the peoples hearts to be softened, to turn towards the only true and living God, and for repentance, even for ourselves because I'm sure none of us are good enough yet either.
Where there is sin there will always be war and despair.
Where there is a great turning of the heart and repentance (even if the people still are not all the way perfect yet) God shows mercy. (I hope I'm remembering this right but there was a time in the bible where Israel was going to be attacked by another nation, but because they let all of their slaves go, the Lord deterred the war)
I think there is merit to your perspective, but I would suggest we're more at war than most folks suppose. Many people are aware of the concentration camps set up by the Nazis during WW2, but fewer are aware of the prototype of such employed by the British against the Afrikaans people during the Boer war. They, too, would load families on train cars and take them to camps. Their policy was different, however. They did not use poison gas and whatnot. They killed their victims through "benign neglect". Having the "scorched earth" policy, they burned the homes and farms of the Boers while they were fighting, loaded up their families and dumped them in camps, and neglected to provide for their needs such as food, water, hygiene, medicine, blankets.

Let's say I wanted to "fire as many shots as possible" at the USA, or even at the American people, or any people, before they started firing back, I could envision sabotaging as much infrastructure as I could, light as many fires as possible, destroy as much food production capacity as feasible, drive as much inflation as I could, etc. Why? Because: plausible deniability. Because: it'd be stupid to have a direct confrontation with the USA. Because: if you can defeat and/or kill an enemy before they even realize they are at war, that is the ultimate success.

Beware those who kill through "benign neglect". Do not suppose that every war is declared before it is joined. A system collapse would be devastating whether we realize it is intentional and targeted or not.

I am all for peace, but what is Yah’s prescription for it?

If my people, which are called by my name, shall pray for peace, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Or

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Peace will come. I think the only prayer we as believers should be expected to all agree on is The Lord's prayer. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done."
This leaves open the possibility that peace will come through war, and acknowledges that deescalation might not be his will.
He will work His purposes. We can pray that He guide us in manifesting His kingdom and that we will not be a hindrance to others.
This is your answer: Maybe war is inevitable. And it can't be better. Are you joking me?

If WW3 comes it will only be proper for Lord to punish us Christians for weak praying life. Like Lord can't change world history.

David asked and got his posteriority as kings of Israel. Solomon got wisdom. I'm certain many of remember when Lord did fulfill our prayers.

He can stop incoming WW3. It's still isn't lost.

Last edited:
He can stop incoming WW3. It's still isn't lost.
He has declared the end from the beginning....and also said that all Israel was going to know Ezekiel was a true prophet.

God and Magog have not happened yet.

Why would I pray for a different outcome then he has declared?

Maybe war is inevitable.

Of course it is.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

- Matthew 24:6-7

He has declared the end from the beginning....and also said that all Israel was going to know Ezekiel was a true prophet.

God and Magog have not happened yet.

Why would I pray for a different outcome then he has declared?

Of course it is.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

- Matthew 24:6-7
And maybe this one isn't Magog and Gog.

This forum also lacks vitality. There is no much sense of inevitability, of lacking in action, of creation.

We work together with Lord. He calls us sons and daughter. Our opinions and votes matter to Him. Greatly. This is reason we aren't slaves. Slaves work for, not with.

Those are not the only options. Unless you have some divine authority over me of which I am not aware, you can't forbid me anything, and I need your permission for nothing
Natural law doesn't leave you much options.

Point is to be peacemaker and restore human relationships. Certainly isn't to join fray and create ruckus.

That may be your point.

I am not sure where you get your certainty from, but it doesn't translate to a mandate on me
From concept of natural law. From concept of right. From understanding how social relationships are designed by Lord. From understanding enough political theory and economics.

All deal will limits of human actions. Do not steal is limit on allowable actions. There is no need to tell you what to do.

Yet you seem so keen to try. I see matters differently than you, and perhaps we're different parts of the Body, but the virtue-signaling in Christendom is oft a veneer for weakness. I am not a warmonger, and I strive for the Biblical love we all yearn to see at work in the world. However, I'll not hide my inaction behind platitudes that do nothing to defend the defenseless from the downright monsters in our world.

Sometimes one must carry a trowel and a sword at the same time.

Point is to be peacemaker and restore human relationships. Certainly isn't to join fray and create ruckus.

If someone attacks my friends or neighbors I'll go join the fray and ruckus the **** out of them.

I own a mirror and I have to look at it and look at my children.

Natural law doesn't leave you much options.

Correct. It's my nature not to sit on my ass when I can do something about a problem.

Back