• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Peace in world

When Nazi Germany attacked the Soviet Union in 1941 the Western Allies should have stayed out of it and let the two dictatorships destroy one another. Helping the USSR was a horrible mistake, one which the world is paying for today.

When Nazi Germany attacked the Soviet Union in 1941 the Western Allies should have stayed out of it and let the two dictatorships destroy one another. Helping the USSR was a horrible mistake, one which the world is paying for today.
Wait. Now I'm really confused...what about 'good Samaritans?'

Shhhh, be vewy vewy quiet! I'm trolling Memefan!

View attachment 6635
How is that trolling me?

It's praise Lord time is your enemies do mutual destruction? What is problem with that?

And if one of them wins, economic calculation means that their economy will self destruct in due time. Another win for doing nothing.

All I have to do in be scary enough to avoid invansion.

It's a sad day when France has had to take up the mantle that should have belonged to America and lead the charge against tyranny, but I salute them. I'd be very curious to know how many people said "we need de-escalation, not war" right before entering into WW2. Thanks be to God nobody listened to them, because if anyone had, Hitler and Hirohito would have divided the world between the two of them and every Human Being alive today would live in bondage.
Ruling elite will put you as cannon meat in frontline as blood sacrifice to their god.

They already hate us, why are you giving them opportunity to sacrifice us?

This is reason why I consider Christians politically most stupid people on this planet. So obssesed with rightneous they don't even notice how they are supporting method of their execution.

It's like that joke about 3 persons sent to guilloite. First two guys (don't remember their occupation) got lucky. Guilloite didn't work, so they are forgiven. Time for last one, engineer. Sorry executioner, let me first fix machine. Idiot.

And throughout that conflict, what were the Christians on all sides praying for?

Peace.

And peace was ultimately achieved at the end. There were many different opinions about what actions should be taken during the war, and we could re-litigate whether the right decisions were made for all eternity. But what was universal was the desire for peace, and the relief when that peace finally arrived. In fact, the only thing that was uncontroversial was that everybody ultimately wanted peace. They had radically different opinions of what that peace should look like, but they all looked forward to peace.

And throughout the world it is the anniversary of the end of WW2 and/or WW1 that is celebrated, not the start, as VE day / Victory day, and Armistice day / Remembrance day / Veterans day. It is not war that is celebrated, but peace.

If only you understand concept of natural law.

From Christian perspective it's attempt to use reason to figure out Lord's law.

It also includes you staying out of conflicts which aren't your business.
How many times in the New Testament does Christ refer to "Natural Law?" Frankly, Paul tells us many times that Christ came to supplant "Natural Law" in favor of "Spiritual Law."

As for "staying out of conflicts which aren't your business," this is the most counter-Christian thing I've ever heard. If Christ "stayed out of conflicts that weren't His business" He'd have never stepped in to stop an adulteress from being stoned. If Elijah stayed out of conflicts that weren't his business he'd have never given a widow a command to collect vessels and sell the oils from them to save her children from being sold as slaves. If David had stayed out of conflicts that weren't his business he'd have walked away saying "man, I hope somebody does something about that Goliath guy." The very notion that there exists a conflict that isn't our business goes against Christ's commandment that all on Earth are to be regarded as neighbors and brothers. The argument you have presented is an attempt to mask cold and cynical apathy to the suffering of others as some form of "Christian virtue," which it most assuredly is not.
Not only that, but the aggressor in question has openly and repeatedly declared that we are his next target. Learn some Russian and watch their TV channels. Putin's own State Duma declares this on an almost daily basis. Even in the absence of any concern for one's brethren (an absence which seems to be the sad state of many Americans who profess, albeit unconvincingly, to be "Christians"), basic self-preservation teaches "shoot the bear before it eats this guy and I won't have to face it when it comes looking for me after getting bigger from its meal."

To those who laughably pretend to be American "patriots" while making excuses for inaction in Ukraine, while masking their desire to give up and let Russia keep what they have gained - including the subsequent enslavement of more than 14 million people who are regarded as second-class under Russian Law for the "crime" of being born Ukrainian (and don't try to pretend this isn't the case because there are 86 terabytes of documented proof that it is so) - as "peace," I say this. If the French in the 1770's had the mindset you have, the country you call yourself a "patriot" of, wouldn't exist. The rag-tag Colonial militia didn't beat the British Empire without being constantly armed and aided by more powerful nations abroad. If the French in the 1770's had said "we shouldn't escalate by arming that loud-mouthed Washington fellow who keeps begging for weapons; we should stop arming him so the conflict will end," there'd be no America. If the French in the 1770's had said "this is between Britain and the colonists, it's not our business," not one individual on this forum would exist. When you say "pray for peace," what you mean is "pray the victims quietly accept subjugation so I won't have to be bothered with their plea for aid." "Peace" has never once in Human history been achieved by making concessions to a predator. There has not been one documented instance in the entire chronicles of Human history when peace has been achieved through any means other than the destruction, by force, of an aggressor.
Anyone whose attitude to this conflict is anything other than condemnation of the invader and a firm resolve to support the resistor as long as is needed, and to fast and pray daily for their swift and total victory... is neither a Christian nor an American patriot, and there are no two sides of that story. Any who wish to reply may do so, but I've said my final word on this subject and I'll go a step further by saying I'm the only one on this site who speaks on this subject from BOTH first-hand experience AND more than a decade of research.

May God open the eyes of those who choose to stay blind and call their blindness "piety" and their apathy "patriotism."

Anyone whose attitude to this conflict
What conflict? This discussion is not about one conflict.

Your obsession with the political situation around one specific war is causing you to misunderstand and misrepresent the points being made by others, and blinding you to the timeless nature of peace in Christian theology.

How many times in the New Testament does Christ refer to "Natural Law?" Frankly, Paul tells us many times that Christ came to supplant "Natural Law" in favor of "Spiritual Law."

As for "staying out of conflicts which aren't your business," this is the most counter-Christian thing I've ever heard. If Christ "stayed out of conflicts that weren't His business" He'd have never stepped in to stop an adulteress from being stoned. If Elijah stayed out of conflicts that weren't his business he'd have never given a widow a command to collect vessels and sell the oils from them to save her children from being sold as slaves. If David had stayed out of conflicts that weren't his business he'd have walked away saying "man, I hope somebody does something about that Goliath guy." The very notion that there exists a conflict that isn't our business goes against Christ's commandment that all on Earth are to be regarded as neighbors and brothers. The argument you have presented is an attempt to mask cold and cynical apathy to the suffering of others as some form of "Christian virtue," which it most assuredly is not.
Not only that, but the aggressor in question has openly and repeatedly declared that we are his next target. Learn some Russian and watch their TV channels. Putin's own State Duma declares this on an almost daily basis. Even in the absence of any concern for one's brethren (an absence which seems to be the sad state of many Americans who profess, albeit unconvincingly, to be "Christians"), basic self-preservation teaches "shoot the bear before it eats this guy and I won't have to face it when it comes looking for me after getting bigger from its meal."

To those who laughably pretend to be American "patriots" while making excuses for inaction in Ukraine, while masking their desire to give up and let Russia keep what they have gained - including the subsequent enslavement of more than 14 million people who are regarded as second-class under Russian Law for the "crime" of being born Ukrainian (and don't try to pretend this isn't the case because there are 86 terabytes of documented proof that it is so) - as "peace," I say this. If the French in the 1770's had the mindset you have, the country you call yourself a "patriot" of, wouldn't exist. The rag-tag Colonial militia didn't beat the British Empire without being constantly armed and aided by more powerful nations abroad. If the French in the 1770's had said "we shouldn't escalate by arming that loud-mouthed Washington fellow who keeps begging for weapons; we should stop arming him so the conflict will end," there'd be no America. If the French in the 1770's had said "this is between Britain and the colonists, it's not our business," not one individual on this forum would exist. When you say "pray for peace," what you mean is "pray the victims quietly accept subjugation so I won't have to be bothered with their plea for aid." "Peace" has never once in Human history been achieved by making concessions to a predator. There has not been one documented instance in the entire chronicles of Human history when peace has been achieved through any means other than the destruction, by force, of an aggressor.
Anyone whose attitude to this conflict is anything other than condemnation of the invader and a firm resolve to support the resistor as long as is needed, and to fast and pray daily for their swift and total victory... is neither a Christian nor an American patriot, and there are no two sides of that story. Any who wish to reply may do so, but I've said my final word on this subject and I'll go a step further by saying I'm the only one on this site who speaks on this subject from BOTH first-hand experience AND more than a decade of research.

May God open the eyes of those who choose to stay blind and call their blindness "piety" and their apathy "patriotism."
I don't ever remeber Paul using concept of natural law. You don't need scripture do figure out that polygyny and not stealing are bad. Using your own reason to figure out that is using natural law.

Regarding adultress, it was group who bringed "adultress" who were on sin borderline. Stoning for adultery requires two witnesses. Where were those guys? And where was husband? He could divorce her easily. And by the way, Old Testament cointains ritual which enables man to ask Lord was his wife faithful. Why not just bring her to Temple for ritual? I suspect whole thing was charade, just like that part with "Give Emperor Emperor's and God God's."

And yes, staying out of conflict which are none of your business is correct. Are you Lord Himself or have you received His commision? Is so prove it! And if disagree with somebody, who called you be judge or provide "help". Oh, I just noticed. Any time you disagree, I will be judge in that case and claim you wrong due to what I emote. Is just what you trying to do now 😉.

Frankly, Paul tells us many times that Christ came to supplant "Natural Law" in favor of "Spiritual Law."
Frankly, Paul says nothing of the sort. But it sounds like you have no understanding of what the relatively modern (Founding era) term even means.

But neither the "Law of Gravity," nor the Second Law of Thermodynamics, nor even "you reap what you sow," was 'supplanted' by what Yahushua did.

And 'shalom' certainly remains one of His greatest blessings.

And throughout that conflict, what were the Christians on all sides praying for?

Victory.

WAR PRAYER' FOR REICH; Catholic Bishops at Fulda Ask Blessing and Victory​

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle...
David prayed for victory over his enemies (which turned out to be the enemies of Yah!) too - and was a "man after Yah's own heart." Yet, he had too much blood on his hands to be allowed to build the temple of YHVH. And he also prayed for peace. And he LISTENED to His Master.

There is a lesson here. He is, after all, promised an everlasting Kingdom. But it is one of shalom.

Because a prayer for "victory" is a prayer for "peace on the terms I believe are best and not on terms I disagree with". It's still a prayer for peace.

You are also quoting prayers from military sources. Military sources are obviously more likely to focus on victory in their prayers - the common man is more likely to focus on peace, but will still structure their prayer for peace based on their understanding of what that peace should justifiably look like, which will be based upon their own understanding of the political reality. So will also be often framed as a prayer for victory. But that does not change the fact that it is still, fundamentally, a prayer for peace.

The purpose of victory is to achieve peace.

And yes, staying out of conflict which are none of your business is correct.

Some conflicts I stay out of. Like if Russia and China ever go to war? I'll grab my popcorn.

popcorn2.gif

But if I see the proverbial robbers attacking a man on the side of the road then I will get involved. Absolutely.

However, if I find out the man being attacked is you then I will respect your wishes and advise the robbers to carry on.

Back