• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Peace in world

If someone attacks my friends or neighbors I'll go join the fray and ruckus the **** out of them.

I own a mirror and I have to look at it and look at my children.

Correct. It's my nature not to sit on my ass when I can do something about a problem.
If only you understand concept of natural law.

From Christian perspective it's attempt to use reason to figure out Lord's law.

It also includes you staying out of conflicts which aren't your business. This sentence also applies to you, @Shadowjak's Dancer.

If only you understand concept of natural law.

From Christian perspective it's attempt to use reason to figure out Lord's law.

It also includes you staying out of conflicts which aren't your business. This sentence also applies to you, @Shadowjak's Dancer.
You've no idea what I do and do not understand, nor what conflicts are and are not my business, nor, apparently, what applies to me.

It also includes you staying out of conflicts which aren't your business.

Other people didn't mind their own business when I needed help. They helped me and they helped me get to where I can help others. What kind of a selfish, self-centered waste would I be if I benefit from other people helping me when I need it only to do nothing when others need help?

And what kind of Christian are you who says such a thing?

Luke 10:25-37

The Parable of the Good Samaritan​

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Other people didn't mind their own business when I needed help. They helped me and they helped me get to where I can help others. What kind of a selfish, self-centered waste would I be if I benefit from other people helping me when I need it only to do nothing when others need help?

And what kind of Christian are you who says such a thing?
Are you trying to be peacemaker or increase death toll?

And good samaritarian isn't good analogy. There is no conflict in story.

We aren't talking about helping friends when they are moving, are short of cash and other non-violent interactions.

All conflicts can be solved with violence. Should you use such solution? Peaceful person avoids violence unless it's on receiving end.

I'm sorry but like hell there isn't any conflict in that parable!

You really don't understand the parable, do you? There's a lot more to this parable and you're clearly missing it.

And by the way, you've repeated your message of "stay out of it" on more than a few topics.

I have noticed.

Married couple in Mongolia enters into physical fight. Should you become their policeman and judge?

Nope.
And if I were a policeman in Mongolia? Or a judge? Perhaps you're talking to someone who has worn a badge, or who does, or who will...

I am not interested in getting into endless hypotheticals with you

Are you trying to be peacemaker or increase death toll?

We aren't talking about helping friends when they are moving, are short of cash and other non-violent interactions.

All conflicts can be solved with violence. Should you use such solution? Peaceful person avoids violence unless it's on receiving end.
You sound addicted to a different kind of Christian ideal. Even Yeshua took a whip to folks in the Temple. My people were commanded to make war on Amalek. If that doesn't fit in with your religious ideal, I couldn't care less.

I'm sorry but like hell there isn't any conflict in that parable!

You really don't understand the parable, do you? There's a lot more to this parable and you're clearly missing it.

And by the way, you've repeated your message of "stay out of it" on more than a few topics.

I have noticed.
Cite where exactly conflict is.

And I doubt we use same definition on conflict.

And yes, way more people should stay out of conflict. Failure to heed is generating problems everywhere in world. Think about it.

Should person develop better skills or learn to defend his interests? Why, just call more powerful in fray. End result is even more centralization.

Do you even wonder why US can't stay out of any conflict in world? They couldn't stick fingers out and now any foreign power must bribe US politicians (Same as Herods method to stay king). Which means Americans have to be propagandadized into supporting war all over world (payed by US taxpayers).

Even Yeshua took a whip to folks in the Temple.
Usage of force on his property. Not on others.
My people were commanded to make war on Amalek.
Punishment for their innumerous sins. And order given by Lord Himself, not you volunteering.

If that doesn't fit in with your religious ideal, I couldn't care less.
You should care about real world consequences of your ideals.

Usage of force on his property. Not on others.

Punishment for their innumerous sins. And order given by Lord Himself, not you volunteering.

You should care about real world consequences of your ideals.
I do care about the real world consequences of my ideals.

That being said, there are two sides to that coin.

That being said, I've no interest in further discourse with you. Your false-dichotomy approach ignores much nuance to the various real-world situations we will encounter in this life.

A pig has the outward appearance of a kosher animal, and only its non-ruminant innards betray the truth. One must not waste their pearls with such.

I will do my best to deal with the real world in righteousness as each situation specifically demands rather than deciding beforehand what my response ought to be.

I do care about the real world consequences of my ideals.

That being said, there are two sides to that coin.

That being said, I've no interest in further discourse with you. Your false-dichotomy approach ignores much nuance to the various real-world situations we will encounter in this life.

A pig has the outward appearance of a kosher animal, and only its non-ruminant innards betray the truth. One must not waste their pearls with such.

I will do my best to deal with the real world in righteousness as each situation specifically demands rather than deciding beforehand what my response ought to be.
What false dictonomy?

What false dictonomy?
I'm unsure as to a false dictonomy, but a false dichotomy is a wrong assumption that there is only a choice between two options. When going to get ice cream, for example, not knowing there are flavors other than chocolate and vanilla. Or, for a more topical example, seeing only a binary of "violence is never the option" types versus "warmonger" types with no recognition that there are times to sell one's tunic and buy a sword, but that doesn't mean we are to spread our faith at the point of it as the Muslims are wont to do.

Cite where exactly conflict is.

I've created a separate post for this subject and invite you to discuss it with me and with anyone else who cares to join in. ;)

I'm unsure as to a false dictonomy, but a false dichotomy is a wrong assumption that there is only a choice between two options. When going to get ice cream, for example, not knowing there are flavors other than chocolate and vanilla. Or, for a more topical example, seeing only a binary of "violence is never the option" types versus "warmonger" types with no recognition that there are times to sell one's tunic and buy a sword, but that doesn't mean we are to spread our faith at the point of it as the Muslims are wont to do.
I never said violence isn't option.

I said people are jumping too much into conflicts and and implying violence is used too often.

Currently there is talk of sending European troops in Ukraine. France is leading way.

I don't thing we need more death and war in world. Remember, both are Christ's enemies.
It's a sad day when France has had to take up the mantle that should have belonged to America and lead the charge against tyranny, but I salute them. I'd be very curious to know how many people said "we need de-escalation, not war" right before entering into WW2. Thanks be to God nobody listened to them, because if anyone had, Hitler and Hirohito would have divided the world between the two of them and every Human Being alive today would live in bondage.

When de-escalation equals slavery and the annihilation of an entire race (or more) as it most assuredly does in this case and Russia has openly declared as much, most notably in the person of Kremlin-mouthpiece Ivan Solovyov, quite literally every single night since February of 2022, to cast those who stand against evil as "enemies of Christ" is at best hypocritical and at worst Satanic. In either case the attempt to take a proposal to surrender to evil by looking the other way and disdaining the only ones who have the courage to stand, and dress it up in the garb of "we need peace" and then attempt to mask its revolting nature by attaching Christ's name to it (and I don't envy the author of such a proposal when he or she stands before Christ and hears "you're covered in blood but it's not Mine, it's that of My children who were left to die in the name of your false 'peace'") is the most literal fulfillment of Isaiah 5:20 that I've ever heard. The argument you have put forth is like saying "I'd love to send the police to stop this serial killer from slaughtering children, but I don't want to escalate the situation."

If war must come (and having lived in China for seven years and on the border of Russia for two I can attest without question that forces more evil than you are capable of wrapping your brain around have made clear that it must), then I say let it be in my time so that my children will not have to deal with it twenty or thirty years hence, and I have little regard for anyone who'd rather kick the can down the road for the next generation to deal with, in the name of a false peace that destroys many (let a reader of Daniel understand). The time to pray for peace is past. The only prayers left to the righteous and discerning at this point are for victory, by the hand of God or of His servants in uniform, either one.

Last edited:
Peace is timeless.

I am shocked how so many people allow temporary political situations, however personally distressing, to override such a fundamental Biblical principle. I have already outlined the centrality of peace to the Bible on the first page of this discussion - even quoting David himself, the most successful warrior king in scripture, saying that even he is ultimately for peace and bewailing the fact that he is surrounded by warmongers.

I feel as Paul must have felt, when he penned his admonition to the Galatians: "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:" - different topic, but I in turn marvel that you are so quickly removed from the peace of God by the news of "wars and rumours of wars" - which we are specifically commanded NOT to be troubled by.

And how quickly, when an attitude of peace is lost, that translates into attacking each other over politics - when we are repeatedly commanded to exhibit love for one another. People are to know that we are His disciples by the love we exhibit for each other - but anyone reading many of the discussions here would struggle to see any such love (even if it exists, it is often hidden under a massive amount of vitriol). How are we any different from the world?

I am deeply disappointed by so many of you, and am compelled to rebuke you. This attitude does not come from Christ. Even David would be disgusted.

Shalom

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

I (again) tend to think that part of the problem is that many do not understand the concept of 'peace'.

It is NOT merely 'absence of war,' but it IS one of the most central and basic 'blessings' promised in Scripture for obedience to YHVH. (See Deuteronomy 28:1-13 - et al.) [As Samuel noted so well above.]

It is, perhaps most clearly, the state of existence where ALL of the 'fighting age' men of the entire land could take a journey to the place where Yahuah "put His Name" three times in a year, and NOT WORRY that their wives, homes, animals, and land would be safe while they were doing as Instructed.

Last edited:
Back