• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Peeling The Onion- My Story

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Awhile back, I was forced to dig into my own heart and look at the issues I had in regards to my husband’s desire for another wife. I spent many sleepless nights deep in thought and prayer. Over the course of months/ years, I have been writing down the layers I have had to work through. It’s rough and raw.. but

This is my story. The raw journey of my experience peeling the onion layers of my heart as a first wife- watching my husband’s monogamous marriage to me change into a quest for plural marriage.

https://whenwebecamethree.wixsite.com/home/post/pealing-the-onion-intro

I hope you come along for the ride and can glean from some of the things God has taught me. May you learn from my mistakes and grow in grace.

Until next time, friends. <3

2C270744-BA12-48D0-B632-3CC7AAABC8C3.jpeg

I am so looking forward to reading....and wish I had time now.

I think in sharing your journey you will help many others find peace in a different reality.

:)

Awhile back, I was forced to dig into my own heart and look at the issues I had in regards to my husband’s desire for another wife. I spent many sleepless nights deep in thought and prayer. Over the course of months/ years, I have been writing down the layers I have had to work through. It’s rough and raw.. but

I hope you come along for the ride and can glean from some of the things God has taught me. May you learn from my mistakes and grow in grace.

View attachment 3459
Just finished, WOHY. Very nice.

Where’s the rest?! 😜 looking forward to reading more!

Where’s the rest?! 😜 looking forward to reading more!
Oh there are a lot more layers already written... apparently God has had lots to teach me. 🙃 I’ll publish another in a day or two.

A great beginning, looking forward to reading more!

View attachment 3459
Thank you, definitely looking forward to more ❤️

Layer Two - Curiosity Killed the Wife
I was forced to re-evaluate everything I thought I knew about marriage, God, the man I married and even myself.

Until Next time <3

Until Next time <3
I feel like i'm waiting on a new book to come out every time lol thank you ❤️

Also I know exactly what you mean about the Polygamist reality shows. If anything it makes Polygamy look less appealing, I can never understand how so many people find it appealing from watching those shows. So often it looks like pure chaos and seems to have the worst families representing it.

I feel like i'm waiting on a new book to come out every time lol thank you ❤️

Also I know exactly what you mean about the Polygamist reality shows. If anything it makes Polygamy look less appealing, I can never understand how so many people find it appealing from watching those shows. So often it looks like pure chaos and seems to have the worst families representing it.
How many television shows since The Cosby Show have made any marriage look appealing?

Next question: how many television shows since The Cosby Show have made any husband look like anything but a nincompoop?

After contemplating the answer to the second question, how difficult is it to see why men increasingly avoid marriage and decreasingly prepare themselves to be husbands that wives will approve of?

Until Next time <3
Excellent writing, @WifeOfHisYouth -- and I approve of the manner in which you're teasing us along!

Friday.. Friday the next layer will drop.

Keith is in a game of his own. This introvert doesn’t have that many words- even if my life depended on it.

I'm grateful for the non-Keith version. Some of us couldn't read two Keith's and still get anything else done. ;)
[I hereby withdraw my Earth-encircling arm-twisting device that has been coercing anyone into reading anything I write! As I've written enough times to now be boring, if one experiences what I write as too long or too taxing, just know that it wasn't written for one. ;) ]

Last edited:
Layer Three- My Flaws
God knew exactly what I needed to face to reveal a deeper understanding of the ugliness in my heart and showcase the beauty of His love.

The idea of plural marriage never crossed my mind. I never even thought about it being something that was still practiced- until one day, when a preview streamed across the tv promoting a family living in polygamy. My initial reaction was that of disgust but something about it was intriguing. It drew me in. Kind of like when you drive past a car wreck, you can’t help but look. I began to watch the series and wasn’t impressed with the family dynamic. The man seemed to flop around like a wet fish and the wives weren’t happy. Yes, I understood it was tv- some drama is needed or who would watch it. However, it did not display an appealing family dynamic.

This resonates for me. Christie liked to watch "Big Love" when we had HBO. It was a fictional drama but I'm very literal so I couldn't get past the irrational parts of the story to get into the overall story. There was way too much unnecessary drama in it.

Start with having three houses all with a common backyard in a city. Like no one will notice this? No one will notice the same man at all three homes? No one will notice the three families acting as one when they go shopping, take kids to school, or stuff like that?

And then the fights between the wives were ridiculous and petty. Why did any of them get into this if they hate it so much?

I never watched anything else on TV about poly after that unless it was a pure documentary and then most of those are wrong on too many things. Like they go in with assumptions about the life and look for proof to support their assumptions. Instead of just looking at it honestly and finding out that there are just as many differences between poly families as there are between monogamous families.

Back