• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Peeling The Onion- My Story

Layer Six - The Unraveling

Wow! Thank you @WifeOfHisYouth. Reading those words touched my heart so very deeply.

Layer Seven - The Other Woman
I was afraid she didn’t want to share with me, as much as I didn’t want to share with her.

Layer Seven - The Other Woman

Once again, thank you! These are awesome insights into a real woman's struggles and the battles in her heart which she goes through. I understand my wife so much better for having read your story @WifeOfHisYouth. Shalom

While I very much appreciate the insights, it’s the vulnerability and story of someone who has been a victor, someone who can encourage other women in their struggles that makes me value these more. These kinds of posts in my mind help women far over and above anything else. Keep up the great work!

While I very much appreciate the insights, it’s the vulnerability and story of someone who has been a victor, someone who can encourage other women in their struggles that makes me value these more. These kinds of posts in my mind help women far over and above anything else. Keep up the great work!
Thank you for the kind words. It’s always a bit unnerving to put some of your deepest struggles out before the world. I don’t feel like a victor yet, I still am a mess in progress. But I am thankful for God’s Grace and am determined to work through my own gunk and y’all can read about it 😂

I am thankful for God’s Grace and am determined to work through my own gunk
That right there is the definition of victory. We never “get there”, it’s not about “being on top” it’s about standing back up every time and working through the hard stuff in life no matter what.

Layer Eight - Trust Fall
I can either embark on this journey with him or remain paralyzed in fear

Layer Eight - Trust Fall

Another great chapter in the story of your journey which blesses my heart to have read. Excellent!

Layer Nine - Knee Deep
I needed to get knee deep in the mud of my heart, with God, to figure out the root cause of my issues.

Layer Nine - Knee Deep

”The annoying thing about weeds - you can pull them all, then before you know it, when you aren't paying attention, a whole new set springs forth. You are left on your knees pulling the new batch you didn't know were buried beneath the surface. Such is the same in our hearts.”

Yes and so true for us all.

Layer Nine - Knee Deep

Things do get easier. A quote my folks loved was...

That which you persist in doing becomes easier, not that the nature of the task is changed, but that your ability to do it is increased.

So here's to frequent weeding in that emotional soil! :)

Layer Ten - The Deep End
...the God of the Universe gave me the role as a wife, not my husband’s keeper.
Join me for another layer of my journey.

Until next time, friends <3

You're going down the path to success that I have seen so many times now. Putting aside the details the thing is that when you take care of the faith, the marriage, family, and house you already have and when you make those things work well then the plural you want to add to your family will happen on its own.

And even if it never happens then you will have still accomplished so much more than so many other people ever even imagine!

Layer Ten - The Deep End

Thank you for continuing to share your journey. We appreciate it 👍

Love it!

Layer Ten - The Deep End

Thanks @WifeOfHisYouth. Another excellent article for anyone and everyone to read. You have insights and challenges that would benefit so many who were considering marriage, and not just polygyny. Shalom

Layer Eleven - Introvert Meets Extrovert
A little bit at a time, I understand more and more why plural marriage was brought into my life- to shake me at the core- and it’s beautiful.

Layer Eleven - Introvert Meets Extrovert

Thank you once again for sharing from the heart. This series of posts has blessed many of us.

Back