• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer for various things

@Lisa McMillan, I just finished the 2 pages on this thread. I don't know how long you've been on the forum, but I've been super busy so haven't noticed you before. Please know that I will be praying for you and holding you up. It's scary enough losing your job w/o notice. You couldn't have planned ahead much, other than simply saving back on a weekly basis for a rainy day. Being single also makes you feel very vulnerable, and even more so now that you have no income. God has not forgotten you! He knows exactly where you are and who you are. Keep your eyes on Him. Don't look at the storm raging around you. Walk with Him. Stay face-to-face. Know that He bottles every tear you cry. Your tears are precious to our Lord. He can see what you can't. TRUST Him more than you've ever trusted! He's not going to fail you now. He knows your heart, your need for love and companionship, your desire for a Godly covering. PM me if you want. I'll be glad to talk and try to encourage you. Blessings to you my sister. Look forward with anticipation as a new chapter is starting in your life.
Thank you very much for your words I most definitely needed them as everything is going wrong. I will PM you thank you for the offer. I too usually am busy with my job and life so I have not been on here much except if I see I get notifications on my yahoo email. But I pray blessings upon you as well for all your needs too. Thank you for taking time to pray and your kind words.

Any leads?
I have went on one interview with insurance co. but I didn't get that. I had one phone interview with web designing co that said they get back with me this week maybe. My company assigned a HR person to help us find jobs hopefully before the two months is over. The HR person I was assigned to called me today and I told her what job I think I am qualified to do and I picked a job at my company's insurance co. doing Customer service. So she said she would call the manager there and see if the job is still available and if so she said I can go meet the manager and hopefully be placed in that position. If not I have one other position I choose was scheduling patients at our company home care facility. I also have some job interview with a elder care company on Monday 8-12-19. Another company emailed me to send my resume in reply to the application I filled out with them. I have filled out 30 something applications since 8-2-19 online on indeed and my company job website. Thank you for asking. I hope my company place me in one of the jobs I picked so I can start right away and hopefully keep the same pay scale.

Last edited:
I have went on one interview with insurance co. but I didn't get that. I had one phone interview with web designing co that said they get back with me this week maybe. My company assigned a HR person to help us find jobs hopefully before the two months is over. The HR person I was assigned to called me today and I told her what job I think I am qualified to do and I picked a job at my company's insurance co. doing Customer service. So she said she would call the manager there and see if the job is still available and if so she said I can go meet the manager and hopefully be placed in that position. If not I have one other position I choose was scheduling patients at our company home care facility. I also have some job interview with a elder care company on Monday 8-12-19. Another company emailed me to send my resume in reply to the application I filled out with them. I have filled out 30 something applications since 8-2-19 online on indeed and my company job website. Thank you for asking. I hope my company place me in one of the jobs I picked so I can start right away and hopefully keep the same pay scale.
I also applied for unemployment just in case. I don't want to lose my apartment and car. Thank you very much for praying for me.

Last edited:
I also applied for unemployment just in case. I don't want to lose my apartment and car. Thank you very much for praying for me.
Also my neighbor said she is praying for me and my Department to find jobs . She let me come over her apartment and she helped me look for jobs. She also sent a email to her friends to pray for me and she prayed with me before I left her apartment Monday.

Thank you everyone for praying with me. I have been very busy trying to find work so I have not had time to post. I am scared of loosing my apartment and car. Thank you for your support and I pray God bless you all and help you in your needs as well in Yeshua name

8-9-19

Shalom to everyone.

I pray all is going well with all of you guys.

I wanted to take some time out and let you know I did not hear back from the HR dept at my job I work for. She said she would call me back today to tell me if the my company's insurance co. job for customer service was still available or not. I did contact her, but she did not reply.

I also filled out 2 more applications with my company's insurance co and sent them to HR person for her to see that if the one I picked for customer service was taken then she could hopefully see if the other 2 are open.

Some other people in my dept also contacted HR, but got no reply.

We all in my dept are pretty worried about finding jobs being that we are nonclinical and there are very few nonclinical jobs for us all to be placed in. My co. also laid off other people in the company besides our dept that need HR to help them find jobs too. I don't know who the people are they laid off as they would not tell us what depts were laid off. ---

As stated before I did not get the two jobs I applied for customer service at an insurance co and this web designing co even though I have experience in doing customer service they sent emails stating I was not picked to be hired. ---

As stated before I have a interview for elder care co on Monday 8-12-19 at 3pm. It does not pay enough to pay the bills, but it is better than nothing at all. I have done elder care part time in 2010, this position is full time.

I filled out more applications on Indeed too.

I am getting very discouraged and scared as time moves on.

Thank you for your prayers and support.

As I said before I very much appreciate everyone taking time out of your busy schedules and lives , problems and things you have to do to support and pray with me through these challenging situations. I pray God bless all of you and may your needs be met in whatever areas you need help from God with in Yeshua's holy name.

Last edited:
8-9-19

Please pray for my coworker who is in the hospital. She has some lung problems. A while back her lung collapsed and the doctors told her they do not know why her lung collapsed as she does not smoke and eats healthy. She is in the hospital for surgery and does not know when they will release her. She also has to find another job too as we all do in my dept. She said that she was able to get an interview for another job at our co. they had to reschedule her to come next wk. She said she is in a lot of pain. Once they release her from the hospital she will have to be on sick leave from work for 2 to 3 wks. She has 2 kids and is unmarried. She does at least have parents and a sister that love and care for her and her kids so she has support. Please also pray for her relationship with God too. Please also pray for her that God will bring her a godly husband too. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Back