• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer Group

What if you included them in that prayer time when they do interrupt you? Invite them to give a prayer too and when they're done, and leave you can resume? Or pray silently or whatever works for you. Just an idea :)
I pray with the children all the time. I need to have my own time where I can really be in my spirit, if that makes sense. I can't do that when interrupted or when I'm thinking about others praying. Good idea though :).

Hi , I haven't been on the Forum's with everyone in over a Year.
I was Blessed with much help with some on here as i went thru some extremely difficult times over the last yr.
I think this is a Terrific idea. I pray alot as well . As for many many Blessings that i receive each day as well.
I would love to join this prayer group !

I was Blessed with much help with some on here as i went thru some extremely difficult times over the last yr.
I think this is a Terrific idea. I pray alot as well . As for many many Blessings that i receive each day as well.
Hi Flutterbug, I'm glad you're going to join in :D.

Yay!! Good to see you back!

My husband and I pray together and on our drive to work (hour commute each way) i read the Bible. We have read all the way through and just started around the first of the month. As for my own individual prayer time, I pray at work (cashier at a deli/bakery at the hospital) for many people who come in, my coworkers, friends who ask for prayer and family, but they are quick and I have many distractions. So I really don't "listen" or get into the deeper things.

I am in on this accountability challenge. Thank you and may we all listen for His still small voice. Edward and I bought prayer journals but I haven't written anything in it. I will start tomorrow.

Shabbat Shalom sisters.

Day 1: I managed my prayer time today, though it was noisy outside the bedroom door with a drama going on about a broken bookshelf and books, so that distracted me a bit and made it difficult. I wish I could just switch off and not hear them. Hopefully that's something I can work on during this time.
I also managed to read 3 chapters about Solomon today before Peter woke up. I've never quite understood why he let go of following God and chose to worship idols with his wives, but reading today I realised it was about love. He just loved his wives more than he loved God, that's what steered him wrong. Maybe this can be our failures too, when we put family and chores ahead of God. Yes, there are things that we need to do, but we also need to make a conscious effort to spend time with God every day, even if it's only 10 minutes.

Well, my 1st day didn't go very well. I think I just had too many interruptions.. some times kids don't seem to grasp I need 10-15 min especially the little ones.. sigh. I got it done but not feeling a sense of peace. May have to arrange when i do it to a quieter time..

Yesterday and today I was able to pray and read for awhile. Definitely not taking enough time for prayer. Hopefully I’ll get in a better rhythm as school starts.

My prayer time didn't happen until 11.30pm last night. But it did happen! Of course, that meant I didn't get enough sleep, and I was woken up at 6.30am by a vomiting child (yes, that's still going on, but at least this time it was all went in the container!). So, it's a tired day today.

On Saturday I had a headache that was bad enough for me to take paracetamol (I avoid medicines if I can), and I had to wait for that to kick in before I could pray.
Yesterday I had a crazy busy day, sick kids, lots of kitchen prep work for my defluffing endeavour, and by the time the children went to bed and I had time to pray I had a terrible headache coming on. It was worse than the day before so I had to take more paracetamol and wait before I could even think to talk to YHWH.
This morning I was thinking I might try to find some time to pray this morning and I already feel a headache coming on. It's like pressure in my head. I'm not going to have time this morning, I'll have to wait until the little ones are in bed this afternoon, and I can imagine my headache will come out full force then.
I rarely get headaches, and it wasn't until this morning that I realised what it was. There's a history here to understand. I wrote a book. I loved it, everyone who read it loved it, and I was intending on editing and publishing it. Instead, I got a message from YHWH, that told me flat out that it was from Satan. Some of the themes going through the book weren't okay. As upsetting as that was for me, following YHWH and obeying Him was far more important than anything else, so I deleted my book. I had it saved in lots of different forms and edits, in lots of different places. As I went through and deleted them I had a headache come on. Deleting the last version of my book I could hardly see, my brain hurt so bad and the pressure was immense. I had to go straight to bed, and I just lay there and prayed, knowing the reason for this was Satan, knowing it was an attack on me for following YHWH.
Sometimes following God physically hurts.
I will keep praying. I like that I'm doing what God wants, and making Satan mad. I will keep taking medicine if I have to. And when I pray today, I know what I will be praying for.

My prayer time didn't happen until 11.30pm last night. But it did happen! Of course, that meant I didn't get enough sleep, and I was woken up at 6.30am by a vomiting child (yes, that's still going on, but at least this time it was all went in the container!). So, it's a tired day today.

On Saturday I had a headache that was bad enough for me to take paracetamol (I avoid medicines if I can), and I had to wait for that to kick in before I could pray.
Yesterday I had a crazy busy day, sick kids, lots of kitchen prep work for my defluffing endeavour, and by the time the children went to bed and I had time to pray I had a terrible headache coming on. It was worse than the day before so I had to take more paracetamol and wait before I could even think to talk to YHWH.
This morning I was thinking I might try to find some time to pray this morning and I already feel a headache coming on. It's like pressure in my head. I'm not going to have time this morning, I'll have to wait until the little ones are in bed this afternoon, and I can imagine my headache will come out full force then.
I rarely get headaches, and it wasn't until this morning that I realised what it was. There's a history here to understand. I wrote a book. I loved it, everyone who read it loved it, and I was intending on editing and publishing it. Instead, I got a message from YHWH, that told me flat out that it was from Satan. Some of the themes going through the book weren't okay. As upsetting as that was for me, following YHWH and obeying Him was far more important than anything else, so I deleted my book. I had it saved in lots of different forms and edits, in lots of different places. As I went through and deleted them I had a headache come on. Deleting the last version of my book I could hardly see, my brain hurt so bad and the pressure was immense. I had to go straight to bed, and I just lay there and prayed, knowing the reason for this was Satan, knowing it was an attack on me for following YHWH.
Sometimes following God physically hurts.
I will keep praying. I like that I'm doing what God wants, and making Satan mad. I will keep taking medicine if I have to. And when I pray today, I know what I will be praying for.

Will be praying for health for your family and a hedge against spiritual attacks! ♥️

Prayer time was great today! I waited until the 2 little ones were in bed, and told the older ones I didn't want to be disturbed. This time I didn't just pray, I listened, and YHWH showed up in a major way. I love it when that happens!
I had a bit of a headache, but I prayed it away without resorting to meds. So, Satan tried to distract me in other ways, to which I told him to bugger off.
I read where God wanted me to read in the bible, in psalms. I asked a question, asked for the answer in the bible, and what do you know?... he gives me a twisted around and opposite answer to what I was expecting that's taking me a bit to figure out. One can't say He's ever boring ;).

Back