• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer Group

I have prayed everyday..though some not as long as I would have liked..at least it is a start!
So far I've managed weto as well.. trying to stay focused when doing so.

I think my favorite prayer time memories are when I would sleep out in the backyard (did that for many years) and I would pray at the end of the day lying there looking up at the stars. I would watch for shooting stars, and usually see a few in spite of the light pollution there in the middle of the metro Phoenix mess.
Sometimes I'd fall asleep before I said my amen which sometimes felt a little disrespectful to the majesty that created all things. There have been so many prayers answered and so many times I have felt protected and inspired that my number one priority in prayer is giving thanks. The song of my heart is often great is Thy faithfulness, and I only hope to trust more completely the longer I live.

Thank you for reminding me of the many blessings that prayer time brings to mind.

6 days in a row so far. Aiming for 7 today. I'm not really keeping track of how long I'm praying for, just until it comes to a natural close or I need to deal with children. I think I'm managing about 15-20 minutes most days though, so that's good.

My mind wanders a lot when I pray as well, and I think that's completely normal. When I notice it wandering I just bring it back to God.
The trick is to not allow the distraction to become a distraction. Don't get all upset with yourself about the fact that your thoughts have strayed, or spend ages thinking about it. God's not mad at you, He loves you :D.

I didn't read the bible yesterday, but I have every other day. Ranging anywhere from 1 chapter to 3 chapters, depending on what I have time for. I get interrupted a lot when reading. The children are learning that prayer time is important and to leave me alone during that time, but not bible reading time yet.

Well, ladies, I am a late comer, and I am in as of Thursday, 29 Aug 19. So encouraging to hear the testimonies, and Kiwi, thank you for being so vulnerable and getting this going. This kind of stuff is what makes our Beloved smile and fight for us. I am honored to be joining you!

Sigh, missed my first time now.. Got home later and was exhausted basically ate and passed out..

I missed yesterday too. It was a busy day out of the house. Talked with some family and just couldn’t find the words for the frustration I felt....I did ‘blurb’ pray, but did not seek Him on those issues.
Today is a new day!

Last edited:
It's okay if you miss the occasional day, that's going to happen sometimes. Just don't beat yourself up about, jump straight back in when you can.
Talked with some family and just couldn’t find the words for the frustration I felt....I did ‘blurb’ pray, but did not seek Him on those issues.
This is how I feel sometimes too. There are times that I wish that I prayed in tongues, it feels like it would be really helpful.

Lovely time yesterday and today. Found myself praying for leaders and families. Hab 3:18-19 (Amplified) especially spoke to me:

Yet I will [choose to] rejoice in the Lord;
I will [choose to] shout in exultation in the [victorious] God of my salvation!
The Lord God is my strength [my source of courage, my invincible army];
He has made my feet [steady and sure] like hinds’ feet
And makes me walk [forward with spiritual confidence] on my high places [of challenge and responsibility].

To the Chief Musician on my stringed instruments.

When you look at the context, (like COMPLETE DISASTER), you see that rejoicing IN YAH, not the ambient circumstances is the only thing that a smart prophet can do...

Thank you @FollowingHim2 for inviting me to this post. I would love to join this. And I hope your family is feeling better. I found this old devotional with scripture and a place to write on the side. This journel contains my old prayers and fasting dating at 2009. One of the prayers was that my husband would fully come to God and that was during my fasting and he did a year later. I have begun to re-read the same messages/devotional along with one Psalm at 9:30 every night. It reminds me and shows me how far my family has come and how much God has blessed my family through the years. My husband and I have this wonderful routine where he prays over the family at 9:00, I get them ready and tuck them in with my hugs and kisses. At 9:30, I can pray or read the Word until I get tired. My prayers are in the morning when my little ones are still asleep. I read Psalm 91 when I can. I pray over Israel first then my family.

It's interesting how you can randomly open to some page in the Bible and then try to figure out how verses in 1 Kings are going to apply to you.. some times they do some times they don't... but it's always something when they do..

It's interesting how you can randomly open to some page in the Bible and then try to figure out how verses in 1 Kings are going to apply to you.. some times they do some times they don't... but it's always something when they do..
I love that, how God uses the whole bible, even random bits that seem irrelevant somehow have meaning in your life.

Back