• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer Group

Day 10 for me today! I don't get headaches any more which is good, but I'm feeling a little separated from God these last few days. Normally I 'feel' Him when I pray, but I've been really tired lately and so end up starting to fall asleep and unable to concentrate well. I tried to have an early night last night to help this, but was woken up at 4.30 am with two children vomiting (we thought we were over that, turns out we weren't...). I'm still really tired, more than I should be even with that one wake up, so I wonder if I'm fighting a bug as well, or if it's another attack now the headaches have stopped. Fun times :/
I haven't been managing to read the bible every day, but that will come with time I'm sure.

How are you all going? Still praying daily? Noticing any differences in how you pray or anything?

I have been reading my devotional but haven't picked up my Bible these last 2 days. I am embarrassed to say that I have this OCD with my house being clean and I ATTEMPT to have my house clean by 9:00pm. Because of that, I only want to read my devotional and climb into bed. Between trying to keep up with it, homeschooling, taking care of family, I am completely exhausted. Thank goodness that my husband commands me to quit at nine or I would probably overdue myself and lose my mind. I am starting to be obsessed with a spotless home and wondering if the enemy has a hand in it.

Still praying, but still sick. I think I have a viral cold. I'm still having trouble concentrating and not getting distracted but I feel loved by Him and am not stressed by it, just thankful for what He's given us.

I am starting to be obsessed with a spotless home and wondering if the enemy has a hand in it.

I'll be praying God shows you where it coming from and if it is the enemy to be released from it. :)

Still praying, but still sick. I think I have a viral cold. I'm still having trouble concentrating and not getting distracted but I feel loved by Him and am not stressed by it, just thankful for what He's given us.

I'll be praying God shows you where it coming from and if it is the enemy to be released from it. :)
Thank you! And to you and all the ladies here, may God heal all of you and your families that are sick or having health problems. We women need to be strong for our families.

So far I'm doing pretty well. It can get hard during the work week just because I'm so tired just makes it hard to stay focused during prayer even if I have a list in front of me lol

The children and I are all sick. If they're not vomiting then they have a cold, and some have both. School is either not happening or being kept to a minimum, and there's a lot of movies being watched. I'm so tired.
But, through all this, I'm still finding the time to pray every day. Yesterday during the time that I usually pray I ended up falling asleep in the chair with my 4 year old, then I transferred to bed and had a proper nap, so prayer didn't happen then but it was what my body needed. I still prayed, though it ended up being in a very sleepy state just before bed. It wasn't the best quality, but I have certain things that I'm praying for on a daily basis, and at the very least those things were covered.

I'm having lots of pretty awful nightmares at the moment, and they seem very real. Then when I wake up there's lots of images and references to that. For example, last night I dreamed that there was a fire coming towards our house. We had 5 minutes to grab everything we could and go. It felt very real and I literally went through all the horror and emotions of realising that we were about to lose absolutely everything (I wasn't upset about losing 'stuff', it was things that were important to me, like my mother's recipe book and the children's baby books). Then as we had driven away I realised we'd left two of the children behind. I was running back when I woke up. It was only a dream, but then this morning there were several reports of houses that burned down in the night and a video I saw and ads about smoke alarms etc, and just random people mentioning in a discussion about insurance companies on Facebook how they'd lost everything in a fire. It's weird. Two days ago it was a similar thing about tarantulas. I'm not quite sure what to make of it all, and right now my brain is not in the best place to figure it out. Is it a spiritual attack, trying to bring all my fears out?

I'm so glad to read you're all praying every day, and even if you miss a day getting right back into it. It's nice to be doing this with others, and I'm so glad that we're working together to be closer to YHWH. Every day just a little bit more, onwards and upwards.

The children and I are all sick. If they're not vomiting then they have a cold, and some have both. School is either not happening or being kept to a minimum, and there's a lot of movies being watched. I'm so tired.
But, through all this, I'm still finding the time to pray every day. Yesterday during the time that I usually pray I ended up falling asleep in the chair with my 4 year old, then I transferred to bed and had a proper nap, so prayer didn't happen then but it was what my body needed. I still prayed, though it ended up being in a very sleepy state just before bed. It wasn't the best quality, but I have certain things that I'm praying for on a daily basis, and at the very least those things were covered.

I'm having lots of pretty awful nightmares at the moment, and they seem very real. Then when I wake up there's lots of images and references to that. For example, last night I dreamed that there was a fire coming towards our house. We had 5 minutes to grab everything we could and go. It felt very real and I literally went through all the horror and emotions of realising that we were about to lose absolutely everything (I wasn't upset about losing 'stuff', it was things that were important to me, like my mother's recipe book and the children's baby books). Then as we had driven away I realised we'd left two of the children behind. I was running back when I woke up. It was only a dream, but then this morning there were several reports of houses that burned down in the night and a video I saw and ads about smoke alarms etc, and just random people mentioning in a discussion about insurance companies on Facebook how they'd lost everything in a fire. It's weird. Two days ago it was a similar thing about tarantulas. I'm not quite sure what to make of it all, and right now my brain is not in the best place to figure it out. Is it a spiritual attack, trying to bring all my fears out?

I'm so glad to read you're all praying every day, and even if you miss a day getting right back into it. It's nice to be doing this with others, and I'm so glad that we're working together to be closer to YHWH. Every day just a little bit more, onwards and upwards.
Wow!! You are definitely going through a tough time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hang in there, Momma. You have good women here to pray and have your back through all this. I had the worst nightmare ever last week and it truly messed me up for a couple of days. My Husband passed away in his sleep in my dream. I woke in the dream to find that he was no longer breathing. I then actually woke up in tears around 1:00am, went to the bathroom to calm myself down. I went back to bed and eventually went back to sleep only to go back into my nightmare of performing the funeral, looking for a job, and wondering how I was going to cope without him. It was awful. I woke up in the morning and I loved on him as much as I could. More like I was very clingy. After I told him my dream, he let me hold him as much as I needed all through the day, each time bawling my eyes out.

I went back to bed and eventually went back to sleep only to go back into my nightmare of performing the funeral, looking for a job, and wondering how I was going to cope without him. It was awful.
This is exactly what keeps happening to me! I get up and go to the toilet, let the dog out, have some water etc, then when I go back to bed it's like I never woke up and I'm in virtually the same place in the dream. I've never had that happen to me before, though I have gone back to bed after a disturbing dream from God and had the dream repeat itself exactly, down to the very last detail, lol. That's God telling me to pay attention ;).

This is exactly what keeps happening to me! I get up and go to the toilet, let the dog out, have some water etc, then when I go back to bed it's like I never woke up and I'm in virtually the same place in the dream. I've never had that happen to me before, though I have gone back to bed after a disturbing dream from God and had the dream repeat itself exactly, down to the very last detail, lol. That's God telling me to pay attention ;).
It's crazy, right?? This doesn't ever happen to me neither. Yes, it does seem God is telling you to pay attention. :)

Wow ladies that's crazy, the last couple of nights I haven't been sleeping well either. Last night I had nightmares too. I would wake up wide awake and be like "phew surely it's almost time to get up" and then it's only 12:30. Fall asleep again and dream unsettling dreams and wake up and be like "Okay it's got to be time to get up" and then only like an hour has past. I'm still trying to get over the cold and don't have the energy I'm used to, but am thankful to be feeling better. Will pray for your family's health FH2! :)

Edit- have been praying but still feel like I'm slugging along with it with distractions and not knowing what to say, but keeping on anyway. :)

Edit- have been praying but still feel like I'm slugging along with it with distractions and not knowing what to say, but keeping on anyway.
Feels like that for me sometimes too. I wonder if that will change over time, like maybe we need to push through this stage, or if it will just be the norm sometimes.

Looks like some of us are needing some prayer about dreams then. I fully wasn't prepared for these attacks from the enemy just for choosing to pray every day. I should have been, and the fact that I wasn't shows how much I've dropped the ball in focusing on Him.

Thanks all for the prayers regarding our health. No vomiting this afternoon, just grumpy children and lots of coughing.

Back