• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

Sadly, that debate may have lost Trump the election. Because it will give the Democrats the excuse they need to change candidates. Although the polls are clearly showing a Trump victory at present, they are close enough that a better Democrat candidate could swing them back in the other direction. This is how you win a battle but lose the war. I hope I'm wrong though, I am an eternal pessimist after all. :)
What better Democrat candidate? I am almost always wrong about politics but it will be very hard to find a suitable candidate at this point. Biden was the nominee because they didn’t have anyone better.

Kamala Harris was their best option and she’s a disaster. She comes across as congenitally insincere and unserious. She has terrible likability, is polling worse than Biden and has burnt bridge after bridge.

Gavin Newsom is the governor of a failing state that has wildly embraced the trans ideology, plus he doesn’t bring any electoral advantage. The Democrat base is going to react badly to a straight, white male savior and he damaged himself further with the base by trying to move towards the center at the start of the “campaign”.

Gretchen Whitmer is probably the best option, mostly because she shores up Wisconsin, but she has baggage too and there’s no indication that she has broad electoral appeal. Remember that Trump is an incumbent. She is untested on the national level and isn’t wildly popular even in her state.

Buttigieg has only been elected mayor of a small city and I don’t think America is ready for a married gay president with an adopted child. I think there would be an “ick” factor there that wouldn’t show up in polls.

Michelle Obama would be a terrible campaigner. She’s said some absolutely ridiculous things and she recently lost her mother. I don’t think she would do it and if she did it would fire up the Trump base as much as it did the Democrats. On top of that I think many voters would balk at putting a woman with no credentials in as commander in chief. And this is going to sound ridiculous but how does she dress? She can’t pull off a pant suit. It would be very hard for her to look presidential and I’m not even kidding.

RFK would have a shot but Worm Head writes itself and the base hates him.

Joe Manchin would be dangerous but again, the base despises him.

I just don’t know who they pick. Most Americans look at the primary process as a test. Anyone skipping it has to have outside credibility and I just don’t know who that is.

I hope you're right @The Revolting Man. Everything you say makes logical sense. However, you're not the sort of person who would be voting for any of them. I can't help suspecting that the sort of people who might vote for them may think differently to the people in the conservative bubble we are in, and the result may be surprising.

If they did choose RFK they'd almost certainly win, polling shows that clearly (he wins in a two-way race against either Trump or Biden, he only loses in a three-way race). But they're not that desperate, they'd prefer to lose than give RFK a victory.

What better Democrat candidate? I am almost always wrong about politics but it will be very hard to find a suitable candidate at this point.
The way to understand how to handicap is to pick the Most Evil. Because that's the way to bet.

Which, admittedly, makes it hard to select between the Gruesome Nuisance and the Witch from Michigan, both of whom have shown they have the chops for Genuine Tyranny when it can kill lots of people. As in the Next Plandemic. But don't count Big Mike out. An unknown who has no record and has been a lie from the get-go is almost as malleable as a senile puppet, as long as you keep him mostly out-of-sight.

This will get ugly. And is intended to.

And, remember...it's not about getting actual votes. It's about being able to lie about the results and punish anyone who doesn't accept the Narrative.

PS> Hitlery may indeed be the Most Evil of all. But, they may be a bit reluctant to go with another obvious mental case after Thursday. 'Plausible Deniability' has worn thin there.

What happened with forum?

There is too little new posts today. Did we drive away @Deesee25?
Forum waxes and wanes.

Major threads died down due to debate grinding to a halt, exploding and everyone wanted to chill, or thread being locked.

Just start a new thread titled "Sex Definitely Does NOT Equal Marriage" and like during a full moon, @The Revolting Man will be unleashed.

Start a new thread with an interesting question and everything might start up again.

By the way, my impression is that conservatives in US are having winning streak. Yesterday, US Supreme Court has decided 2 key decisions in pro-conservative direction.

One of them is repeal of Chevron deference.

Forum waxes and wanes.

Major threads died down due to debate grinding to a halt, exploding and everyone wanted to chill, or thread being locked.

Just start a new thread titled "Sex Definitely Does NOT Equal Marriage" and like during a full moon, @The Revolting Man will be unleashed.

Start a new thread with an interesting question and everything might start up again.
That is absolutely not true. You have to say my name three times in a mirror….

"They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore!"

- Kinky Friedman (November 1, 1944 – June 27, 2024)

Back