• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer Retreat and Family Conference, August 17-20, 2023, Dandridge, TN

Added to Calendar: 08-17-23, 08-18-23, 08-19-23, 08-20-23

I also feel this was an extra special time, with God's presence directing the discussions and prayer time, as well as fellowship. Things are 'quickening'. Over 85 present with children. (BF children are awesome, btw.)

For those talking about other retreats, they are coming, firm announcements in next few weeks, but here's a preview:
St Louis area (possibly): Oct/Nov already.
North/Central Florida (definitely): first 2 weeks of December.
West Coast (it's time again): Las Vegas, mid-Jan, or possibly late March. Las Vegas because airfare is cheaper for most, then to any city in US.

These will be smaller then the summer retreat usually - consider them 'regional', though anyone is welcome at any retreat.
Re: Texas, we've been there this year - Houston in January, but I'm sure we'll make it back there before too long. Talk to @andrew about the possibility of a regional day or weekend.

For @MeganC and anyone else who would like to help with the funds for future retreats, you can give anytime: Cash app (or www.cash.me): $BiblicalFamilies. Zelle: donate@biblicalfamilies.org. PM me if you prefer to mail a check. There may be more options for supporting BF soon. Thank you, we have a lot of work to do in the future - and the in-person fellowship is the most important thing we do.

It was a wonderful retreat! A BIG thank you to all the adults and teenagers who helped with child care, child entertainment, and child comforting! The families so appreciate your time and effort. A special thanks to our niece, Isabell, who tirelessly helped me with food pick up, food unload, room prep, childcare and a hundred other small things.

Thank you to all the wonderful ladies who helped in the kitchen and made the meals actually happen! I was very blessed with your time and skills. Thank you!

It was so lovely to meet new ladies and pick up with old timers; it was a blessing to hear what God was doing in your lives.

It was a wonderful retreat! A BIG thank you to all the adults and teenagers who helped with child care, child entertainment, and child comforting! The families so appreciate your time and effort. A special thanks to our niece, Isabell, who tirelessly helped me with food pick up, food unload, room prep, childcare and a hundred other small things.

Thank you to all the wonderful ladies who helped in the kitchen and made the meals actually happen! I was very blessed with your time and skills. Thank you!

It was so lovely to meet new ladies and pick up with old timers; it was a blessing to hear what God was doing in your lives.
The food was amazing again Julie!

Talk to @andrew about the possibility of a regional day or weekend.

Nothing definite yet, but I like the rhythm of 'big national retreat' in the summer and 'smaller regional retreat' in the winter, so I'll be putting something together for Texas and friends in the Jan/Feb zone. Stay tuned!

Nothing definite yet, but I like the rhythm of 'big national retreat' in the summer and 'smaller regional retreat' in the winter, so I'll be putting something together for Texas and friends in the Jan/Feb zone. Stay tuned!
Thanks @andrew

It was possibly the best retreat yet. There were a ton of new people, staggering amounts of children and major advancements in the lives of some of our longer standing members.

If you have never made a retreat then you should do everything possible to do so. They are life changing.

Also, we can now give @Transformator Reformator a real person tag!
Absolutely was beyond worth the effort to get there! My family left so full and grateful to meet and fellowship with ya'll! Looking forward to next time!

We had a great time, amazing how it's possible to be so mentally and spiritually refreshed while simultaneously being completely physically exhausted.

We had a GREAT time, and we learned a lot at this retreat it was quite relieving for us. I especially loved the prayer for one another time. I love that WE can SHARE our REAL life challenges for those of us who this will be our FIRST and not be looked down on.

That weekend we definitely... Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

And we were able to... James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It was GREAT, WONDERFUL, however you want to put it, to see a soft side of @The Revolting Man. I really was and still am touched.

I love you my Brothers and Sisters.

May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering.

The meeting I thought was going to be the day we got home from the retreat was postponed for today. Please be in prayer that God’s will be done, that He puts the words I need to speak into my mouth, and gives me the peace to remain cool under pressure. And that her heart would be ready to hear.

Went as well as could be expected, better than I thought it would have. Giving her a week to process, think, read the book and consider things before I contact her again. Catie will be in contact but my gut says it's best to give some extra time and space.

I also feel this was an extra special time, with God's presence directing the discussions and prayer time, as well as fellowship. Things are 'quickening'. Over 85 present with children. (BF children are awesome, btw.)

For those talking about other retreats, they are coming, firm announcements in next few weeks, but here's a preview:
St Louis area (possibly): Oct/Nov already.
North/Central Florida (definitely): first 2 weeks of December.
West Coast (it's time again): Las Vegas, mid-Jan, or possibly late March. Las Vegas because airfare is cheaper for most, then to any city in US.

These will be smaller then the summer retreat usually - consider them 'regional', though anyone is welcome at any retreat.
Re: Texas, we've been there this year - Houston in January, but I'm sure we'll make it back there before too long. Talk to @andrew about the possibility of a regional day or weekend.

For @MeganC and anyone else who would like to help with the funds for future retreats, you can give anytime: Cash app (or www.cash.me): $BiblicalFamilies. Zelle: donate@biblicalfamilies.org. PM me if you prefer to mail a check. There may be more options for supporting BF soon. Thank you, we have a lot of work to do in the future - and the in-person fellowship is the most important thing we do.
Curious on the St Louis dates. Hope to make that one.

Don't forget GabPay!

Back