• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

T-shirts

These are all very good ideas, great ones by Cecil, even without bumbleberry looking over your shoulder and influencing you.

cue the bumbleberry post in 3,2,1....

Sir BumbleBerry the Chubby, the Quilted Pussycat, and the Wandering Mind are holding an impromptu BF Lite Retreat over Denny's Apple Cobbler a la Mode !!

Sir BumbleBerry saw what I was starting, and beat a hasty retreat, mumbling, "Dude, you're off your ROCKER!"

Paul not the apostle said:
I am with you brother, and I get it ===> not on the Sabbath. You ARE good.

Although the last person to suggest a pamphlet on this forum was run off on a rail.

You attribute too much deep thought. Sabbath mornings, I'm too busy singing and worshipping God to worry about such things! It's my own "date" with my "husband", you see. ;)

Sadly, the last pamphleteer didn't have a BumbleBerry sidekick keeping the heavy things light. I'll try to remember that.

Women's Tshirts

I am not good at these women's ones...

"Every man is an available man."

I said, "He is the right man for me."
And so did she. Now we are three.

Women's

I was here first,
but I don't have greed.
I will share him with you,
if that's what you need.

I am the second,
but that's ok.
As long as he doesn't
put his first wife away.

"Single and Looking?
Grab a Hem! Isaiah 4:1"

that right there is a keeper :D
possibly replace the word "and" with the pink female symbol?

see if anyone recognizes the roots of this one:

Every sister a needed and wanted sister.

"Single and Looking? Grab MY hem! Isaiah 4:1"

Actually, I just looked it up. In no version did I see it saying anything about a hem. Just "lay hold of one man".

Can anyone enlighten me? And if the translators watered it down, does the underlying Hebrew actually say tzitzit? The fringed knot thingy?

Can anyone enlighten me? And if the translators watered it down, does the underlying Hebrew actually say tzitzit? The fringed knot thingy?

Could well be, Cecil, although most of the translations we are used to seeing on this one (KJV, NASB, and so on) say "skirt", "robe", "garment", or "hem" instead. The word used, however, is Strong's h3671 (כנף kanaph) which IS usually rendered elsewhere as "wings", "edge", or "corner" -- just like the tzitzit reference you know of (and others, such as the stories of Yeshua and the woman, based on "healing in His wings").

The verse, BTW, is probably Zech. 8:23 --

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days [it shall come to pass], that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt [wings, kanaph] of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard [that] God [is] with you."

-- and in 'Hebrew roots' circles is often seen as one of the last days two house [two sticks, two sisters, two tribes, 'lost' tribes, and so on] prophecies about when people begin to seek again what they have lost and return to follow Him.

It's probably directly more of a two house than a 'two wife' reference, as I think about it. And while those of us who see the "bigger picture" recognize the connection, it's probably more of a tough sell to the "milk eating" Bible student than some other prophecies might be. ;)

Thx, Mark:

But I'm talking about, specifically Is 4:1, before I go make a T-shirt out of it. "Single and looking? Grab a hem. Isa 4:1"

"And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, ..."

NOTHING ABOUT HEMS. Or am I missing something?

"And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, ..."

NOTHING ABOUT HEMS. Or am I missing something?

Correct, Cecil. Nothing about hems. (Or, for that matter, taking hold of anything but husbands. :) )

The 'hem' reference is elsewhere.

Gotcha. Thanks.

ahem

well, actually, no hem
hmmmm, dadgum
its embarusin when the memory is wrong :oops:

Here's one for you, Paul:

"I'm with the two hotties"

Is that bad to post on a Bible-based site? Oh, well.

Re: Women's

I was here first,
but I don't have greed.
I will share him with you,
if that's what you need.

I am the second,
but that's ok.
As long as he doesn't
put his first wife away.

I guess I never made it through this whole thread since I've missed this before. Anyhoo, those are hilarious and I like DeeAnn's latest one. Our hubby could wear that one too. ;)

Back