• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

T-shirts

to set this up;
i have a full beard and a braid down my back
each woman would wear the same tee-shirt when out together:

I am with the hairy guy and his wife.

sweetlissa said:
I had thought that having retreat tshirts would be fun. However a shirt like that would not be an ice breaker for explaining to my folks. Just the opposite. It would create more ice than I know what to do with.

Took me over a year to come up with an answer to this one, Lissa, as you posted it in June '09, but ...

You SKATE! Real fast!

sweetlissa said:
Grammar is a pet peeve of mine. You would want to say

"Didn't your mommies teach you to share?"

or
"Didn't your mommy teach you to share?"

"Didn't your mommy's teach you to share?" Uses mommy's as a singular possessive, neither of which applies. Please don't make any shirts without good editing!

SweetLissa

What is wrong with a singular possessive someone can only have one biological mom?

's singular possessive
s' plural possessive
s plural non-possessive

Or does the way it ends change if there is a Y at the end of the word?

Here is my suggestion

Just put Deuteronomy 21:15 and Exodus 21:10 on a shirt.

And then maybe a question like "got wives?"

Or ask me why I am putting this on a shirt?

Or ask me what this means?

Anyway the main focus should be showing that the Bible justifies polygyny.

At least that would be my suggestion.

I apologize if someone already put something, similar, it was 8 pages so far on this thread and I did not scroll all the way through.

As a first wife that would like a sisterwife I have often told hubby I should make him a T shirt that simply says "still available" it might start a conversation or two and he could take it from there.

I like a lot of the ideas presented but particularly the one that identifies polygyny as more of a good thing.

I agree that the original suggestions are way too wordy but I like the last two especially.
Personally I would wear one that has the Biblical Families.org logo on it. It could easily stimulate conversation. One would want to be prepared no matter what t shirt you choose.
Julie

DTT
There is nothing wrong with singular possessive. It is where and how it is used.

SweetLissa

The ladies T'shirts are emblazoned with some variation of "I'd rather be Snark Hunting" or "Eat, Sleep, Hunt Snarks", or "Snark Hunters do it in the dark ..."

His T-shirt is emblazoned with a big round target symbol, the bull's eye of which says, simply, "Snark". :)

Like Cecil's logo of man symbol with two women symbols, however would rather have the women symbols unintwined cuz i love my sisterwife, just not in that way :lol:

maybe a tshirt with polygamy liberates women or something like that. the one thing i hear all the time is that polygamy is degrading to women.

Polygyny,
putting the fun back in fundamentalism.

blugrniz4u wrote:
Like Cecil's logo of man symbol with two women symbols, however would rather have the women symbols unintwined cuz i love my sisterwife, just not in that way :lol:
Take a look at the header image I created for my blog: http://polygyny.us

It has three female symbols, not two, and they are not intertwined with each other.

PS- I have a dozen or so variations of it stashed away in a folder on my computer...

And I can just imagine the reaction of my Pastor should I wear a T-shirt with that logo on it to church! :lol:

281222284v1_480x480_Front_Color-AshGrey_padToSquare-true.jpg

<like> <like> <like> <like> :lol:

If I could get the BF logo, I thought about printing some t-shirt tranfers (iron ons) for the front and back. The one on the back could have the BF logo and the one on front with Biblical Marriage it instead of Biblical Families.

steve said:
Paul not the apostle said:
"Single and Looking?
Grab a Hem! Isaiah 4:1"

that right there is a keeper :D
possibly replace the word "and" with the pink female symbol?

I liked it so much, I just had to do it.

Slogan015.JPG

Joleneakamama said:
As a first wife that would like a sisterwife I have often told hubby I should make him a T shirt that simply says "still available" it might start a conversation or two and he could take it from there.
I like a lot of the ideas presented but particularly the one that identifies polygyny as more of a good thing.
Slogan016.JPG

Slogan017.JPG

Back