• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Lamb, Passover, and Yeshua

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Before I address the topic I want to explain what lead up to this post. I turned my garage into a weight room and invited a few men from the congregations I attend and neighborhood to work out with me. Accountability helps bring out the best in us all. Plus it's the perfect opportunity for evangalism and Iron sharpening Iron. There's one young man that now attends both congregations I attend, my small groups, and works out with me everyday. I love this guy, he's a sponge. I get frustrated with him because he's a sponge without discernment and absorbs ever thing everyone tells him about Elohim. This has caused me to have to point out why many church practices are the traditions of man. We have been preparing for Passover and I asked him to explain the significance and history of passover. His response was that the Hebrews made a sin offering of a lamb and painted their door post with its blood so God's angel would And passover them. I told him that the Lamb was not a sin offering and the blood of the Lamb was to mark the houses of those who belong to Elohim. He then said I was always taught that Jesus was the Passover lamb and that ment a sin offering.

Exodus 12:1-7

1Now Adonai spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,
2“This month will mark the beginning of months for you; it is to be the first month of the year for you.
3Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month, each man is to take a lamb for his family one lamb for the household.
4But if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor are to take one according to the number of the people. According to each person eating, you are to make your count for the lamb.
5Your lamb is to be without blemish, a year old male. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats.
6You must watch over it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel is to slaughter it at twilight.
7They are to take the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the crossbeam of the houses where they will eat it.

Painting blood onto their door frames signified their Faith in Elohim's warning and marked them out (set apart) from the pagan Egyptians; when the Angel of Death passed through Egypt he would pass over the doors marked with blood without killing the firstborn males who lived within those houses.

So if it's not clear Yeshua as the Passover Lamb is not a sin offering. His blood is what sets us apart on the day of judgement from those who deny Him.

I hope you all have a great passover.

Great points @Kevin thank you

Ours went well. Although it took longer to cook than I expected. So we ate an hour after sunset instead of at sunset. It’s a learning curve...

We learnt also to prepare fore about 5 more than say they are coming but to expect 3 of those not to come. We had made plans for 17 freinds and family to show up. 4 cancelled last moment but we had 22 people at our house for Passover. Every year is a learning curve. The Father blesses us new understanding through His scripture and the discernment of Rauch which leads to different Midrashes being presented. We constantly trim the fat from our diet so when we're eat its the lean, healthy word of Elohim.
Great points @Kevin thank you

Ours went well. Although it took longer to cook than I expected. So we ate an hour after sunset instead of at sunset. It’s a learning curve...

Just remember details are important but not as important as the Spirit in which you approach those details. To quote Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, architect, (1886-1969) "God is in the details.".

I just had this argument with my father, who had a masters in something churchy. This myth runs deep in the church. Good post. We had a great Passover although torrential rains made the slaughtering and roasting difficult.
Did the animal fight you this year like it did last year Zec?

We learnt also to prepare fore about 5 more than say they are coming but to expect 3 of those not to come. We had made plans for 17 freinds and family to show up. 4 cancelled last moment but we had 22 people at our house for Passover. Every year is a learning curve. The Father blesses us new understanding through His scripture and the discernment of Rauch which leads to different Midrashes being presented. We constantly trim the fat from our diet so when we're eat its the lean, healthy word of Elohim.

Just remember details are important but not as important as the Spirit in which you approach those details. To quote Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, architect, (1886-1969) "God is in the details.".
Kev your Kehal didn't have a seder?

Kev your Kehal didn't have a seder?
No everyone this year was scattered to the winds, different statesor countries. This is the first year we did not have a citywide Seder so, it appeared to me, that everyone wanted to do their own thing.

If this is true, what is the meaning of this passage?

Hebrews 10:12 KJV
[12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
It's in the context of the Chapter not in the single verse seperated out.

HEBREWS 10:1-15

The Torah has a shadow of the good things to come—not the form itself of the realities. For this reason it can never, by means of the same sacrifices they offer constantly year after year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers—cleansed once and for all—would no longer have consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices is a reminder of sins year after year— 4 for it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 So when Messiah comes into the world, He says,

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
but a body You prepared for Me.
6 In whole burnt offerings and sin offerings
You did not delight.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I come to do Your will, O God
(in the scroll of the book it is written of Me).’”

8 After saying above, “Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them” (those which are offered according to Torah), 9 then He said, “Behold, I come to do Your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second. 10 By His will we have been made holy through the offering of the body of Messiah Yeshua once for all.

11 Indeed, every kohen stands day by day serving and offering the same sacrifices again and again, which can never take away sins. 12 But on the other hand, when this One offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God— 13 waiting from then on, until His enemies are made a footstool for His feet. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those being made holy. 15 The Ruach ha-Kodesh also testifies to us—for after saying,

This is not speaking of Yeshua as the Passover Lamb but of as Yeshua as our High Priest of the Melchizedek making the a lasting sin sacrifice. It's showing it is not about the works (making sacrifices) but the one making the sacrifice. Only one with nothing to atone for can make atonement for others.

It's why Elohim stoped Abrhams hand and why Isaac could not be that sacrifice.

Scripture talks about the many roles and the many ways Yeshua fulfilled prophecy. We've made a tradition of trying to wrap all those roles with a pretty bow and over simplify it by saying He was our Passover lamb and that's why. Of Milk and Meat, brother, of Milk and Meat.

Did anyone use goats rather then sheep?

I remember trying to slaughter a yearling goat once with my dad, not for passover just for meat, but we had no gun and lived in the city. I remember the friendly critter was not friendly...like he knew something was up. And I remember it being a mess as he wasn't restrained properly when a knife was used.

Goats and sheep have such different natures. I think a sheep would be much easier looking back remembering that goat.

It's why Elohim stoped Abrhams hand and why Isaac could not be that sacrifice.

Scripture talks about the many roles and the many ways Yeshua fulfilled prophecy. We've made a tradition of trying to wrap all those roles with a pretty bow and over simplify it by saying He was our Passover lamb and that's why. Of Milk and Meat, brother, of Milk and Meat.
So you are seperating the types and shadows and speaking specifically of who Yeshua is as our passover Lamb? You are not saying that Yeshua isn’t also the sacrifice once and for all offered for our sins? Am I seeing that correctly?

So you are seperating the types and shadows and speaking specifically of who Yeshua is as our passover Lamb? You are not saying that Yeshua isn’t also the sacrifice once and for all offered for our sins? Am I seeing that correctly?
Yes, it's only when see the seperation of His roles that we connect the ones who foreshadowed Him and see the different ways He completes Messianic Prophecy that we can fully appreciate everything He has done for us. It also helps to clarify and understand scripture.

I have a problem with Jesus being the Passover lamb anyway. The Passover wasn't about the forgiveness of sins. That was the day of atonement. Besides, Jesus wasn't crucified on the Passover. I know that there are things here that I don't understand but it just doesn't make sense at this point.

I have a problem with Jesus being the Passover lamb anyway. The Passover wasn't about the forgiveness of sins. That was the day of atonement. Besides, Jesus wasn't crucified on the Passover. I know that there are things here that I don't understand but it just doesn't make sense at this point.

Yeah I'm wondering about that also. It doesn't make sense for him to eat the Passover feast one evening and then be the Passover lamb the following evening. The theory about two separate Passover events does not make sense to me either and the "support" for that perspective seems to be paper thin at best when compared to scripture...

Can anyone point me to the scripture that specifies the Messiah is the Passover lamb?

Disclaimer: Radical Beliefs that contradict a lot of traditions about to stated. This is the understanding of the poster as shown by Rauch HaKodesh not scripture verbatim.

Correct Passover isn't about atonement of sin. Its about being set free from bondage. The choice to serve and obey the only Master worth serving.

Exodus 21:4-6

"If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free. But if the servant declares, I love my master and my wife and children: I do not want to go free then his master is to bring him before the judges. And he shall take him to the door or doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he shall serve his master for life.…"

Why the door or door post? (Short examples why, I can go into more detail just ask me)

Exodus 12:7

7 They are to take the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the crossbeam of the houses where they will eat it.

John 10:1

“Amen, amen I tell you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. But he who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice. The shepherd calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

First yes Yeshua is our Shepard but in the previous verse is a shadow of what we are to be for Him as well. Despite what Roman Catholicism teaches St. Peter is not the Gate keeper, Yeshua is.

John 14:1-7

“Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me. In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to Myself, so that where I am you may also be. And you know the way to where I am going.”

Thomas said to Him, “Master, we don’t know where You are going. How can we know the way?”

Yeshua said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life! No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you have come to know Me, you will know My Father also. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him."

Who is the shepherd of the sheep?

1 Peter 2:4-5

As you come to Him, a living stone rejected by men but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house—a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Messiah Yeshua.

We are His life long slaves by choice. We are His Priest, His Shepherds. Most shepherds didn't own the flock they tended. They tended them for their Master.

The Passover lamb ensured life to those who were in the House whos door way was covered by its blood. He is that Door Keeper that opens the way to The Father's House. If we are spiritual houses for Him and we are to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to Elohim our doorpost and crossbeams must be painted with the blood Yeshua HaMassiach, He is ever present at the door, the doorkeeper. That's How Yeshua is our Passover Lamb and much more.

Can anyone point me to the scripture that specifies the Messiah is the Passover lamb?
1 Corinthians 5:7
Get rid of the old hametz, so you may be a new batch, just as you are unleavened—for Messiah, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed.

Back