• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Lamb, Passover, and Yeshua

Most don’t factor in that the Passover is irrevocably tied to the full moon - which happens on the night of the 14/15th, not the 13th/14th.

Also keep in mind they are not counting off a calendar but from the day following the new moon when the barley first starts to show ripening = the first day of Nisan.

And what boggles my mind, is that all of this is supposed to be reckoned from a man made calander instead of the time stated in the Bible about reckoning times and seasons from the new moon, including the weekly Sabbath.

[7.9] "The passover which was carried out of the city, or became unclean?" "The owner must burn it off-hand." "Its masters became unclean or died?" "Let its appearance change, and let it be burned on the sixteenth."[47] Rabbi Jochanan, the son of Beruka, said, "even it must be burned off-hand, because it has no one to eat it."

[7.10] "Bones and tendons and what is left over?" They must be burned on the sixteenth. "If the sixteenth happened on a Sabbath?" "They must be burned on the seventeenth, because they cannot abrogate either the laws of the Sabbath or the holiday."

[9.8] "The passover-offering which was mixed up with other sacrifices?" "All must be pastured till they be blemished and they must be sold, and the offerer must bring the price of the best of this kind and the price of the best of that kind, and the loss he must make up from his private means." "The passover-offering which was mixed up with first-borns?" Rabbi Simon said, "if there be companies of priests they may eat it."

From Jubilees XLIX. Remember the commandment which the Lord commanded thee concerning the passover, that thou shouldst celebrate it in its season on the fourteenth of the first month, that thou shouldst kill it before it is evening, and that they should eat it by night on the evening [note: Cf. Exod. xii. 6.] of the fifteenth from the time of the setting of the sun.

10. Let the children of Israel come and observe the passover on the day of its fixed time, on the fourteenth day of the first month, between the evenings, [the ending evening of the 14th and beginning evening of the 15th]from the third part of the day to the third part of the night, for two portions of the day are given to the light, and a third part to the evening. [note: The Jews divided the night into three parts, or watches (6-10 p.m., 10 P.M.-2 a.m., 2-6 a.m.). The corresponding parts of the day would be 6-10 a.m., 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Our text says the last of these was "given" to the evening.] 11. That is that which the Lord commanded thee that thou shouldst observe it between the evenings. 12. And it is not permissible to slay it during any period of the light, but during the period bordering on the evening, [note: This is an interpretation of the Biblical phrase "between the two evenings" (Exod. xii. 6; cf. R.V. marg.). This was interpreted by the Sadducees and Samaritans to mean between sunset and complete darkness (and may possibly have that meaning here), but by the Pharisees it was understood to refer to the earlier afternoon (3-6).] and let them eat it at the time of the evening until the third part of the night, [note: i. e. any time between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. The Rabbis limited the eating to midnight.] and whatever is leftover of all its flesh from the third part of the night and onwards, let them burn it with fire.

The bold above is my commentary

An example of when the Firstfruits burnt offering (the fat and blood) was supposed to be given from the Temple Scroll and comparison of the crucifixion and how Christ was a firstfruits sacrifice.

0D703362-2BDD-4B7A-B1A2-E69C590CD6B6.png

Before I address the topic I want to explain what lead up to this post. I turned my garage into a weight room and invited a few men from the congregations I attend and neighborhood to work out with me. Accountability helps bring out the best in us all. Plus it's the perfect opportunity for evangalism and Iron sharpening Iron. There's one young man that now attends both congregations I attend, my small groups, and works out with me everyday. I love this guy, he's a sponge. I get frustrated with him because he's a sponge without discernment and absorbs ever thing everyone tells him about Elohim. This has caused me to have to point out why many church practices are the traditions of man. We have been preparing for Passover and I asked him to explain the significance and history of passover. His response was that the Hebrews made a sin offering of a lamb and painted their door post with its blood so God's angel would And passover them. I told him that the Lamb was not a sin offering and the blood of the Lamb was to mark the houses of those who belong to Elohim. He then said I was always taught that Jesus was the Passover lamb and that ment a sin offering.

Exodus 12:1-7

1Now Adonai spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,
2“This month will mark the beginning of months for you; it is to be the first month of the year for you.
3Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month, each man is to take a lamb for his family one lamb for the household.
4But if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor are to take one according to the number of the people. According to each person eating, you are to make your count for the lamb.
5Your lamb is to be without blemish, a year old male. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats.
6You must watch over it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel is to slaughter it at twilight.
7They are to take the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the crossbeam of the houses where they will eat it.

Painting blood onto their door frames signified their Faith in Elohim's warning and marked them out (set apart) from the pagan Egyptians; when the Angel of Death passed through Egypt he would pass over the doors marked with blood without killing the firstborn males who lived within those houses.

So if it's not clear Yeshua as the Passover Lamb is not a sin offering. His blood is what sets us apart on the day of judgement from those who deny Him.

I hope you all have a great passover.
I would like to challenge your belief that Yahusha is not the sin sacrifice and therefore the lamb isn't a sin sacrifice. Passover is a memorial. It memorialize Israel leaving Egypt, you leaving spiritual Egypt and the sacrifice of the spotless lamb. The sacrifices had to be spotless. All of them. He took the sins if the world. The priests where to put their hands on the head of the sacrifice to transfer sin. No more can we sacrifice the Messiah. Once and for all he died for the sins of the world. Even if the lamb isn't a sacrifice for sin, it's a memorial that we are actually commanded to not sacrifice it outside the land, deut 16:5-6 . The blood cleanses us. Atonement. Cover. The lamb is a sacrifice. Maybe not for sin, but still a sacrifice. Moses told pharaoh, let us go so we may go and sacrifice to Yahuah. Passover was coming up in days. Watch out for Christian doctrine.

I would like to challenge your belief that Yahusha is not the sin sacrifice and therefore the lamb isn't a sin sacrifice. Passover is a memorial. It memorialize Israel leaving Egypt, you leaving spiritual Egypt and the sacrifice of the spotless lamb. The sacrifices had to be spotless. All of them. He took the sins if the world. The priests where to put their hands on the head of the sacrifice to transfer sin. No more can we sacrifice the Messiah. Once and for all he died for the sins of the world. Even if the lamb isn't a sacrifice for sin, it's a memorial that we are actually commanded to not sacrifice it outside the land, deut 16:5-6 . The blood cleanses us. Atonement. Cover. The lamb is a sacrifice. Maybe not for sin, but still a sacrifice. Moses told pharaoh, let us go so we may go and sacrifice to Yahuah. Passover was coming up in days. Watch out for Christian doctrine.
The part that gets forgotten is that the people’s sins weren’t forgiven on Passover. That happened on the Day of Atonement. The cycle of the Feasts hasn’t been completed yet.

The lamb is a shadow picture of the sacrifice. The blood cleaned us. Yeshua righteousness got us out of Egypt. And will get us out this Egypt. It all ties in together. Your right though, atonement is judgment day right? The final decision in if one is righteous or not?

The lamb is a shadow picture of the sacrifice. The blood cleaned us. Yeshua righteousness got us out of Egypt. And will get us out this Egypt. It all ties in together. Your right though, atonement is judgment day right? The final decision in if one is righteous or not?
I don’t think so, Day of Atonement seems to be the opposite of judgement day. I’m really not sure though. I don’t understand why the Crucifixion happened on Passover or what the prophetic purpose of Atonement is.

The day of atonement, you fast and if you don't, your cut off. I see it as judgment day. Prophetic purpose of atonement? I think I understand your question. We don't see in 13 dimensions. There is a lot going on around us we can't see. In Yahuah world, everything is open. No time. He can see it all at once. The shadows I call them of Messiah and Yahuah work are prophetic and history repeats itself. He is constantly reminding us of his work and his faithfulness. Hope that makes sense.
crucifixion happened on Passover cause he is our Passover lamb. The lamb that was slain from the foundations of the earth. See that!!! What does that mean? Yah new what would transpire before it happened.

I don’t think so, Day of Atonement seems to be the opposite of judgement day. I’m really not sure though. I don’t understand why the Crucifixion happened on Passover or what the prophetic purpose of Atonement is.
Numbers 28 :19-22 , 7 lambs and 1 goat for sin offering . , This concerning Passover

Back