• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Video conference get-togethers?

Would you be likely to participate in, by video conference:

• Informal get-to-know-each-other scheduled chats

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • A 15-minute scriptural talk followed by open discussion

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • A 60-minute detailed scriptural talk followed by open discussion

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Prayer meetings

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • A "church service" style event: worship + message

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • A full Saturday or Sunday of fellowship, teaching & worship: mini online retreat

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • I would not be interested in any of this.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Interested but video anything is probably not going to happen. Since school is canceled the net is completely saturated. This is the first time since Monday I've been able to get Biblical Families to even load. About the only time I can stream video is at 3am Central time.

Interested but video anything is probably not going to happen. Since school is canceled the net is completely saturated. This is the first time since Monday I've been able to get Biblical Families to even load. About the only time I can stream video is at 3am Central time.
That is a real concern. However, we're not seeing serious slowdowns over here, at this stage. I suspect it is your last-hop carrier (cellphone company or ISP) that is overloaded locally. I expect some people will be able to connect, others won't, and local factors will be most important in that.

That is a real concern. However, we're not seeing serious slowdowns over here, at this stage. I suspect it is your last-hop carrier (cellphone company or ISP) that is overloaded locally. I expect some people will be able to connect, others won't, and local factors will be most important in that.

You are probably right; I was speaking just of my local conditions. I don't know how the greater internet is doing, although I heard Youtube and Netflix have reduced video quality to cope with the loads.

No problems for me. Speeds are completely normal.

Option 2 would probably work best for us.
Please let us know more about how to participate. :)

Please add me too. I don't know which time would be best for me, I'll be waiting for a repairman to show up.

We did just have a fantastic discussion with up to 16 locations at a time (I didn't try and count how many people total). I am satisfied the technical connection works well. Will be running another shortly for those who didn't make it to the first one.

I am comfortable that this is an excellent format to use for more organised talks and discussions. If anyone has a topic they'd like to present for discussion, get in touch with myself or @nathan and we can look at pulling something together. Possibly a short series of scheduled talks or something like that, on different topics.

That was pretty cool, I had expected unexpected company so I had to duck out, but I'd be down for it again sometime.
I was wondering if it was my breath.....

Back