• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why don't single ladies.....

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Team up with women they like and present themselves as a ready made sister wife duo? It seems like the men would be lining up to bang down the door and so much of the drama could be hashed out before hand and the women would have a lot of buy in up front. It would be really hard to hate your sister wife after all. You'd never hear, "Why did you have to choose her!"

Hmmm. Sounds like you would be setting yourself for 2 against 1 possibly.

You set the bar so low.

Isaia 4:1

Team up with women they like and present themselves as a ready made sister wife duo? It seems like the men would be lining up to bang down the door and so much of the drama could be hashed out before hand and the women would have a lot of buy in up front. It would be really hard to hate your sister wife after all. You'd never hear, "Why did you have to choose her!"

I would think sisters if they had a good relationship would be good candidates... they already know what it’s like to live together...

I think the Is 4:1 thing is a special case. The man has something that the women were desperate to get, a way out of their shame.

For a woman to sell herself as part of a duo instead of expecting and insisting that all the attention be focused on herself runs clean contrary to how women be like. Women at the mo don't have any compelling external motivation to force them to consider such an unconventional thing. And for there to be an internal compulsion basically requires the man be some kind of millionaire. Exceptions to this I would expect to be few and far between.

I think the Is 4:1 thing is a special case. The man has something that the women were desperate to get, a way out of their shame.

The ESV uses reproach in Is. 4:1 and in Luke 1:25.

"After these days his wife Elizabeth conceived, and for five months she kept herself hidden, saying, 'Thus the Lord has done for me in the days when he looked on me, to take away my reproach among people.'" (Luke 1:24-25, ESV)

So I thought that the 7 women in Is 4:1 were looking for the same thing. I'm interested to hear if this is a valid connection.

Edit: Sorry I'm at work and so trying to keep it quick. But the thought was the 7 women in Is 4:1 would be wanting to marry the 1 man and have his babies in order to remove their reproach. So in the context of 2 or more single friends approaching a man and presenting themselves as a ready made sisterwives team would be similar to Is. 4:1.

Last edited:

For a woman to sell herself as part of a duo instead of expecting and insisting that all the attention be focused on herself runs clean contrary to how women be like. Women at the mo don't have any compelling external motivation to force them to consider such an unconventional thing. And for there to be an internal compulsion basically requires the man be some kind of millionaire. Exceptions to this I would expect to be few and far between.

Pffffff ... buzz kill lame sauce !!!
@Slumberfreeze why u always gotta be all logical and crap bruh ! ... yer thinkin with the wrong head here man ... and I’m sure @ZecAustin doesnt want this thread hijacked by any of that logic nonsense! ... Let’s stick strictly to discussing the important topic at hand...
...I am fully on board with the two for one hot sisters dealio! :p

All joking aside though, I can easily understand trying to think of different approaches that may avoid the usual drama that comes with the process of bringing in a new lady... Sisters that are close and love eachother could possibly have much of the drama pre hashed out as Zec suggests... Although it could be the exact opposite as @Asforme&myhouse suggests, complete with epic sis fights!
... And I think the only real rule is “no trying to get em both naked at the same time” right?, cuz that may cause an epic sis fight! Lol :D

#hottwins
#wishicouldclonemywife
#sistersisterwives

I actually thin @zec has hit on something here. I think it would be easier for the women to accept when they "together" search for the husband. They already have an established relationship with each other and bringing a husband into the mix would seem to me to be a much smoother process for all concerned. The kicker is - is the potential husband attracted to both women?

I was thinking Zec didn't necessarily means blood sisters, maybe if the wife had a friend that she was close to already like a sister. Seems they would already have things in common, some sort of bond. I guess there could still be an attraction issue amongst other things as Mary said.

I would hope that men would be attracted to the inside of a woman not necessarily just the outside
Inside is definitely more important than the outside, but what woman buys an ugly house?

"Honey, I HATE the exterior, but have you seen those closets and the master bedroom suite?"

I'm just impressed that so many of you were actually excited about dealing with 2 new brides at the same time!
Put it down to being naive. Most things sound great if you've never done them before!
I would hope that men would be attracted to the inside of a woman not necessarily just the outside
Being attracted to the outside makes you want to get inside. :D
Inside is definitely more important than the outside, but what woman buys an ugly house?

"Honey, I HATE the exterior, but have you seen those closets and the master bedroom suite?"
I agree - even an externally ugly house can no doubt be nice inside. o_O

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Back