• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why don't single ladies.....

I’m a huge fan of inner beauty. It rates very high on my scale... but a guy has to at least have a little sumpin’ to look at! I think every woman deserves to have a husband who finds her attractive.
From personal experience, I've been around women who I immediately had no attraction to, but after being around them for a while and experiencing their aura, it turned to overall attraction. The same has been true of finding an attractive woman being so utterly disgusting on the inside that her beauty soon turned to disgust. Just my experience.

From personal experience, I've been around women who I immediately had no attraction to, but after being around them for a while and experiencing their aura, it turned to overall attraction. The same has been true of finding an attractive woman being so utterly disgusting on the inside that her beauty soon turned to disgust. Just my experience.
I’m the same way

Great suggestion. What's step 1 of the implementation plan?
Hmmmmm, I guess you would have to have two or more (not necessarily hot twins) ladies who are compatible in their goals, primarily geographical, and personalities. They work out the kinks between them and then start dating anyway they choose, openly and upfront about it all.

If you or I find any such two ladies, that takes them off the market before they even get started. :) How do you influence society as a whole so that women see this as an option and start doing it by themselves?
It's not a serious question as I think there is no practical answer.

Ha! Nice. Well let's see... I dated two of wifes friends (high school), took her and a friend both to prom at the same time...one of the friends was her best friend and we joked about just keeping her...it actually seemed like a natural thing...she most likely would have been better off for it...that ship sailed a long time ago....huh...

I've met women who were objectively not that beautiful but had such a wonderful spirit that they came off as very beautiful. Even at first meeting. But that only gets you so far. And sometimes the signals can be confusing; a woman in ovulation will be perceived as much more beautiful than she really is. The hormones confuse the senses.

Ha! Nice. Well let's see... I dated two of wifes friends (high school), took her and a friend both to prom at the same time...one of the friends was her best friend and we joked about just keeping her...it actually seemed like a natural thing...she most likely would have been better off for it...that ship sailed a long time ago....huh...

I had a similar situation in high school. Had I known what I know now I may well have came out of it with 2 wives who were already close friends.

I too had a similar experience in highschool.

Had I known what I know now I may well have came out of it with 2 wives who were already close friends.

I too have thought "had I only known then what I know now".

Others have made similar comments too about wishing they hadn't made mistakes that were because of the MO worldview. This is why it's important to teach our sons and daughters the truth about polygyny so they don't make the same mistakes we did.

My best friend from before I married called about three years into our marriage and joked around about going on a talk show "I slept with my best friend's husband"

I do believe she found my hubby attractive, and who knows what might have happened if we had been thinking about polygyny as an option.

She ended up getting wooed by a Russian gal who never liked men, they have four kids now, and my friend is not the mother.

One modern problem is that too many women with a bff are not looking for a man, and wouldn't have one if he was interested.

I find it notable two of you talk about joking about it. This is a way people disarm push back when talking about something socially unacceptable. In other words, she maybe was willing to go for it if you'd seized the moment. If not it might of been instead, "that's not funny".

This talk reminds me of something I'd been thinking about love triangles since I made a meme about polygamy giving love triangles a happy ending. I'm not sure anymore that's good rhetoric. Discussion here.

Doesn’t polygany in general set a guy up for two against one? o_O
Presumably, the guy chosen is already married. Making it the two against the existing wife.
If they are presenting to a single guy, they are taking quite a risk imo.

The original poster is already married, and I doubt that he is proposing this for the single guys benefit. That would qualify as excessive selfishness . :D

Team up with women they like and present themselves as a ready made sister wife duo? It seems like the men would be lining up to bang down the door and so much of the drama could be hashed out before hand and the women would have a lot of buy in up front. It would be really hard to hate your sister wife after all. You'd never hear, "Why did you have to choose her!"
Lol thanks Zec, my computer now has water on it! This was the perfect break from homework!

Presumably, the guy chosen is already married. Making it the two against the existing wife.
If they are presenting to a single guy, they are taking quite a risk imo.

The original poster is already married, and I doubt that he is proposing this for the single guys benefit. That would qualify as excessive selfishness . :D
I actually was thinking that these duos would present themselves to single men. I would imagine that two new wives joining an existing marriage might be overwhelming.

Back